Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hooben T-55

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:09 PM
bigskydude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hooben T-55

That's a good question, I remember reading it on another forum that somebody had talked to the hooben folks at a trade show a while back about the t-55delays and thats what they were told(something about an owner/and or manager change)some kind of shake-up in the upper levels. And from what infoI've been able to gleen fromShirley(again having to read into the translation problems a bit), alot of the info seemed toconfirma lot of what Ive been hearing(on several issues). I could be mistaken aboutTHATpaticular point.....But Iam definately not "making stuff up" .....I am however positive about the radio gear and working the bugs out of some misc. parts and what not...All I am merely tryingto do is pass on the info I'm getting from Hooben and what scraps I'mdigging up here and there and trying to put it all in one place on as regular basis as possible(since noone else seems to want the job)for us T-55 die-hards.....If anyonewants to question that(or can do a better jobthen me),then I would be happy to step aside and stop posting what I'm finding out and let everyonego backto what they've been doing for the lastyear or so which is to just stand around and complain"when is the T-55 going to be available???".

p.s.as you(Herrmill) seem to have the best connections/location/and language abilities I've always took your updates as the most informed,why dontyou save us all a lot of trouble(if possible) and go getus a "from Fengs mouth" update on the t-55/Elefant(hell we can put together a list of questions for him)and get some straight answers once and for all(or I'll give you my personal email address and you can tellFeng to email me and I can be his U.S. info rep)........I always loved your updates, but theywere alwaysfew and far between(and I know its not your priority)...But for several of us(that I know of)it's "our" priority...lol
Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 PM
kclank

ORIGINAL: Disposable Hero

That's a good question, I remember reading it on another forum that somebody had talked to the hooben folks at a trade show a while back about the t-55 delays and thats what they were told (something about an owner/and or manager change)some kind of shake-up in the upper levels. And from what info I've been able to gleen from Shirley( again having to read into the translation problems a bit), alot of the info seemed to confirm a lot of what Ive been hearing(on several issues). I could be mistaken about THAT paticular point.....But I am definately not ''making stuff up'' .....I am however positive about the radio gear and working the bugs out of some misc. parts and what not...All I am merely trying to do is pass on the info I'm getting from Hooben and what scraps I'm digging up here and there and trying to put it all in one place on as regular basis as possible(since noone else seems to want the job)for us T-55 die-hards.....If anyone wants to question that(or can do a better job then me), then I would be happy to stop posting what I'm finding out and let everyone go back to what they've been doing for the last year or so which is to just stand around and complain ''when is the T-55 going to be available???).

Just keep doing what you do. I love it!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

As they say here in the neighborhood... MAY-AH-WHEN-TEE!

Actually Feng's quite busy getting ready to leave for the Toy Fair so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after they get back & settled in.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
bigskydude

Got a few new pics of the T-55...seems like theonly electronics that will be available in the short term are the CPU/and ESC(think they are still having issues with Clark)...doesn't matter to me as I just ordered the ARTR without electronics(would rather run more mainstream electronics anyways).,....
Old 02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
bigskydude

Got some pics from the show in Nuremburg(thanks uwe CCKW-353 )......Also Shirley informed me my T-55 will ship last week of February..it would ship sooner, but China is celebrating their Spring Festival(Lunar New Year) that starts on Feb.14th,which is a big deal over there and it last about1 week.....
Old 02-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice pictures! That should make ANYONE a proud owner! Any new info on the Elefant?

- Jeff
Old 02-10-2010, 02:14 PM
sbarron

lol...  I know some of you could have scratch-built this in the time it took me to read this thead...
Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
torpedochief

Found this also. Thought you folks might find it handy when your T-55s get to you.

Don

http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/t-55am2.htm
Old 02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
herrmill

Looking good!

For those not familiar with China, they don't close the post office here for more than 1-2 days & Spring Festival holiday is officially one week long.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
torpedochief

Hey Chuck,

Dothe Chinese have models of thier tanks? Figured they would have at least one.

Thanks

Don
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM
herrmill

Come again?

The T-55 will be the first RC kit I've seen so far but am certain with the market potential here, there will be more to come. I'd not be surprised to see Hooben facing a new competitor by end of next year. Huge upside selling to the local & Russian markets at this point while the west lags behind due to the poor economy.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:35 PM
torpedochief

I mean of thier modern armor. I had to ID them (On Paper) many times but for the life of me I cannot remember what they are called.

Thanks

Don
Old 02-10-2010, 11:15 PM
herrmill

You mean the real deal. Yes, starting with the T-55 which they licensed from the Soviets, they've built up a strong defense industry under Mao's direction. The Type 99 is their latest creation but as complex & expensive as they come.

You'll find more info here on their AFV:

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/weapon.asp
Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 AM
bigskydude

well guys, just thought I'd give you all an update as to where I'm at with my T-55 order. I was told(like the rest of us at the end of December) that the kits were immedietely available and the ARTR's required a 30 day lead time. I paid as soon as they emailed mearound the first of the year.....now its end of February(26th)and I'm still getting a lot of excuses....first it was theNuremburg show,thenthe lunar new year, now its because my tank is stuck in customs. Apparently they were/are going to send me the Nuremburg "floor model", but when it was shipped back to China from the toy fair in Germany it was listed as a "toy" and not a "model" and now its hung up in customs for a week or two(apparently China is real touchy about importing toys...lol go figure). This in and of itself is no big deal to me as I just gotta have a T-55, but it does make me wonder if they are anywhere near being ready for production if they have to send me the floor model? Plus the fact that I haven't heard of anyone else receivng a kit/and or ARTR...other then that "diaper box" guy in China that everyone knows about lol. Now I'm not here to bash Hooben, I took the risk and new what I was getting myself into...and I do believe I will get my tank in March(or they said they will give me a refund). But what pisses me off is thatthey start taking money and obviously there's no level of production yet(seems like all they do is build a prototype to take pics of,then start taking orders). I like everyone also want the Elefant just as bad, however NEXT time I'm going to wait till I either see some pics of an assembly line,or someone else getting theirs,anything that proves they are in MASS production!I'm not sure how long Hooben can go on playing these games(They've already got an "iffy" reputation at best)and retain any sense of "buyer faith"....That's my two cents so be warned....I'll keep yall updated on my situation, but even if I get the floor model I have no idea what that'll mean as to availability(if any) for everybody else.........what surprises me is they had the other new 1/16 tanks at the show and are talking about the Elefant being available in May!...........maybe May of 2011.......
Old 02-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad Hero. You were always the 'Hooben guy'. I figured if anyone would get one in short order it would be you. Regardless. I'm sure it will eventually show.

Perry
Old 02-26-2010, 07:01 AM
jededitor

I wonder just how many of us have paid up-front for these.. and how many of us will pay up-front for an E100 or Ferdinand/Elefant?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:43 AM
herrmill

Ask "Wartoy" over at RC Groups / SubPirates about his pre-paid USS Arkansas commission he contracted with Arkmodel 3 years ago... I believe he still is missing the hull at this point! [:@]
Old 02-26-2010, 11:25 AM
bigskydude

Yup.....Its frustarating as the quality of the models looks to be very good. just seems odd they keep going to shows to push these things and they aren't even producing any of them yet?....What kind of buisiness model is that? Anyhow Like I said I was willing to take the risk so if I bite it for $400 then "lesson learned" and all I can do is try to make sure they don't get anyone else. But on the flip side their rep Shirley has been very good at promptly replying to allmy emails, and as our communication level has been improving I'm getting a pretty clear idea as to the situation(at least mine anyways). I will give it to the end of March but that's where I draw the line and want my money back(if there's any hope of thatlol). So for now I'm still gonna put a little faith in Hooben's word and give them a chance. If that fails then I'm gonna join EVERY tank forum in the English language and warn everybody....lol
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Got an email from Shirley at Hooben today that the T55 is for sale and the Elefant, Maus and E100 expected release is May.

I returned message asking payment/shipping details and online store to buy.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
SNOWTANK

Sounds promising so far. I'll be waiting to purchase in 2011.By then should be people with these with reviews and feedback. [8D]
Old 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
bigskydude

Well I would hold off on sending them any money till I get mine(I paid them first week of January), and I post mypics/review here. Like I mentioned earlier they want to send me the Nuremburg "floor model"(fine by me), but that must mean they dont have any kind of a production run yet.I know of at leat 5 other cats that already paid like me, and NONE of us have received theirs yet..... As for the Elefant I won't even go there as I'm losing enough sleep over my T-55 lol....but I will let somebody else take the first stab at ordering one, and will order mine as soon asthey receive theirs....or maybe I'll just buy the prototype like the T-55 lol.....
Old 03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing is really growing on me man...Tell them to put it in high gear already!

Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
SNOWTANK

I hope it's in full production run by Christmas.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:11 PM
uhu

If it's possible before of 2012 Xmas please, they say it's TEOTWAWKI

Uhu
Old 03-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

That is a 'bad' looking tank. Hope you hear something from them soon.

- Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.