Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hooben T-55

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
dsketcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hooben T-55

Has anyone got positive information on these things yet?

Thanks,
Don
Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: Hooben T-55

Same ol', same ol'.

Still waiting for confirmation that they've got their parts in to complete the kit. Until that happens, no one sees any of my cash.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:32 AM
herrmill

Just received this email a short while ago. I'm willing to bet they'll be displaying their new Elefant & a Merkava next month at Nuremberg.

Arkmodel will attend the Model Fair on 4th-9th Feb. 2010 in Nuremberg Germany, the hall no. is 7, and stand no. is D-51-09. Some secret new tanks will be shown there. They are Tamiya Standard at a chinese low price. If you are available, welcome to have a look there, and we will also be very gald to negotiate with the ones who would like to be the angency of us. By the way, our T55A is on sale now.
Should you have any questions, pls be free to contact us.
Thanks.

Shirley
Old 01-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Here's hoping that their Elefant & Merkava don't take this long.

- Jeff
Old 01-04-2010, 07:00 AM
pcsguy88

So how do we buy a T-55?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Alan123

Hello,

I did some investigative surfing and it looks like Hooben armour products are going to to be listed here:

http://twin-horse.com/index.php?cPath=147_168_205

At the moment there is nothing listed there but at least the Hooben armour products link exists.

Cheers

Alan
Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
bananapirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of prices should we expect from Hooben ?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:11 PM
herrmill

I'll be buying direct, myself but Hooben already has several dealers in the UK & another pending in Germany:

Antics Online: http://www.anticsonline.co.uk (Hooben's RTR Perkasa is currently listed, T-55 was shown in the tank section but pulled pending release)

Vosper-Perkassa http://vosper-perkasa.com/estore/index.php? (Hooben's RTR Perkasa listed; not sure if they'll carry AFV)

AFV-Model http://www.afv-model.com
Old 01-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

So much has come out (or announced) since this was supposed to that I am going to pass on it. The Elefant, the Merk and all those Profiline kits, the KV-2 ... all have caught my attention & money.

- Jeff
Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 PM
pcomm1

Got an email today and it is on sale now, but I ain't telling you where.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

Yes I know. I have already purchased it from there but I'm not posting pic's.
Perry
Old 01-05-2010, 04:02 AM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

Yes I know. I have already purchased it from there but I'm not posting pic's.
Perry

OK, I will tell Perry what I know about this commie tank, because I know he isn't telling us any facts, just like me yesterday.

Well I had a change of heart, do to the Panther Kitten Twins apparent written breakdown in another thread, maybe this news will cheer them both up.

Here is what I have learned to date:

__

THE EMAILS:

Dear John,

Thanks for your enquiry.
Enclosed you will find the price list. The term of payment is Paypal. We will deliver the tank to you after you pay us.
The lead time of T55A ARTR is about one month, and we can send the rc kit to you immediately.
Any questions, pls let me know.

Thanks.

Shirley

To: "hoobensale" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 11:43 PM
Subject: T-55A questions

Hi Shirley,

Please advise on total price for the T-55A tank and best way to submit payment with 6-10 delivery plus insurance costs?
I would order – purchase 1 (one) model.

Thank You, John

The Hooben T55A RC Kit price list says it is $150.00 USD and available now to order & ship now.

email ([email protected]) for product details.

Maybe the motors – gearboxes, metal barrel, cpu, esc all might be kit extras, I am waiting for more product details to answer those questions???

But I'll use mostly HL – Tamiya rc stuff anyway, so other than the gearboxes/metal barrel I don't need many of the Hooben "extras".

Again the ARTR RC Hooben T55A is $200.00 and ships in 30 days, but what extras it needs is unknown to me at this time.

And I am waiting for the shipping costs to be sent to me on this cold war commie tank kit.

John
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 PM
herrmill

I posed the same questions to Shirley since I was originally told by Hooben's owner that the base kit at $150.00 comes with everything except the electronics. Why they are listing the aluminum barrel & metal gearbox as high priced options are beyond me. I'm also asking to see the instructions since my last set for a sub kit I have were available only in Chinese. Its supposed to be Tamiya quality at China price, right?

A word to the wise: don't send any payment until all your questions have been fully answered & lead times confirmed. I know several who have ordered & paid for kits in the past & discovered after the fact that some options or features shown on their website don't exist or lead times stretch into months before parts are received.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 PM
bigskydude

Well I ordered mine last night after about 15 emails with Shirley, who although trying to be helpful was unable to answer my questions in a way that made much sense(I think the language barrier is a bit more of a problemthen hooben likes to believe)....I went ahead an ordered the ARTR with metal barrel/metal gearbox options....I figure I can get the rest of electronics domestically....never got a straight answer as to whether the ARTR includes the mechanisms for turret rotation and gun elevation/recoil.....but who cares...this thing is just too dam cool. Also be sure to clarify what kind of a "case" you want it shipped in or they will just ad $60 for a fancey"alloy case"....I had to have Shirley change the invoice to a "wood" case($10)...Ive had plenty of things shipped in wooden crates from overseas with no problem. If you use pay-pal you need to ad 4% for fees. Shipping to the USA is $80, so out the door I spent $411 for a ARTR w /metal gearbox and gun barrel shipped to my door. Shirley promptly sent me an invoice and an email saying my payment went through with no problem(just make sure to save that stuff if you have to go after them through pay-pal)....Although I know hooben/ark is a reputable company and very unlikely out to screw anybody......just my two cents
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Did they give you a rough idea on when you will see it?
Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 AM
bigskydude

Enclosed you will find the price list of the tank according to what you want.
The t55A is R/C version and available now.The lead time is about one month after we received you payment,and the terms of payment is paypal.
The time of delivery to USA is about 12 days.
Thanks.

Thats what my email said anyways lol.....I just couldn't wait as Ive been wanting a cold war russian tank FOREVER.....
Old 01-06-2010, 12:19 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

I've been watching these threads about the T55 and I have to say I really like it. You said it ended up a bit over 400 bucks but this is still without electronics? Do you know what you will be using in it? Seems like it's going to be a great tank, I just wish there was a local vendor selling it.
Please keep us posted on this thing. I am interested in a future purchase...
Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 AM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: herrmill

I posed the same questions to Shirley since I was originally told by Hooben's owner that the base kit at $150.00 comes with everything except the electronics. Why they are listing the aluminum barrel & metal gearbox as high priced options are beyond me. I'm also asking to see the instructions since my last set for a sub kit I have were available only in Chinese. Its supposed to be Tamiya quality at China price, right?

A word to the wise: don't send any payment until all your questions have been fully answered & lead times confirmed. I know several who have ordered & paid for kits in the past & discovered after the fact that some options or features shown on their website don't exist or lead times stretch into months before parts are received.

Thanks, still have not received answers to my questions from yesterday about the RC kit and the cost to ship it this week, so I will wait until I hear from them. John
Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 AM
bigskydude

yeah no problem......I have a Heng Long Panzer IIIH I was messing with(while waiting for T-55), but now that it'sfinallygonna happen, I decided to gut my heng long electronics/speaker/lightsand put them in the T-55 andjust run that set-up until I can put an elmod system in it(about$300). But you KNOW metal tracks will be available for it within the next few months, so I'd rather have all the stuff done before I spend big bucks on electronics....and to be honest thenewer heng longs(rx-18)have ran great for me without any problems...
Old 01-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Perry S.

ORIGINAL: herrmill

Interesting point. I notice that they only accept Paypal and there is a 30 day lead time and 12 day shipping at the min. This makes arrival time exactly at the cutoff point or later for filing a claim with Paypal.

I'd like one of these but I will wait until they have some out in the field.

Perry
Old 01-06-2010, 02:44 AM
pcomm1

Just got an update from Shirley and true, they are missing some parts, though they did not say which parts for the ready to mail today T55A RC Kit version. The shipping as stated above is 80 bucks plus a 4% up charge for PayPal. So as herrmill suggested, I will wait until Hooben has their parts act together. In the mean time I will learn to read Chinese model assembly directions by watching Lucy Liu and Charlie Chan movies and hitting the Panda Express at the dreaded mall and practice reading the menu board.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	In28529.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1350448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy71625.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1350449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96627.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1350450  
Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 AM
herrmill

Here are the answers to questions I had asked several times over the past two days. Am really scratching my head over "motors are NOT included in the kit or ARTR, you should pay for it."

You can get from some information T55A from the website:www.hooben.com

As for your questions,my answers are as follows:

1.kit comes with plastic gears,the metal gear should be bought from us.
2.one big motor:380(size)
three small motor:103(size)
motors are not included in the kit or ARTR,you should pay for it.Motors are included in the gear box.
4.english instruction maybe need about a month.
6.electronics package is ready to ship.
7.smoke generator is available now.
9. Elefant or Merkava is available at the second half of 2010.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 AM
herrmill

I have to say that I'm disappointed in how this is turning out. Originally when I saw the prototype in Sept '08, we were to have a Tamiya compatible kit: metal gears, motors, aluminum barrel, electronics & sound for roughly $300. Kit less electronics was to be $150. Now it appears we'll have an ala carte menu that will drive the cost higher than Tamiya's older tanks.

Regarding the instructions, considering they've been developing this kit for the past 2 years one would think someone could have spent an afternoon doing the translation.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:48 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say the topic on the T55 is like an old pair of socks, rather worn out, if Hooben wish to sell tanks then they should really pull there finger out, this tank has almost been ready for sale for over a year now and they still haven’t sorted out the spec all this will do is put potential off ordering either the T55 or future products, personally I’m waiting for the Elefant so they better get the T55 right or I wont spend my money with them.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I have my own suspicions as to the dramatic increase in costs etc. Methinks there's more than one spoon stirring this soup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.