Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

ElMod Installis driving me crazy!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ElMod Installis driving me crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Kampfwagen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ElMod Installis driving me crazy!

Hello to everyone!

I have a HL Tiger 1 and I have been several months (I don't have too much time) to install the elmod electronics to my tank. I still don't know if its better to use the elmod HL adapter or use a 4 channel radio sytem. With the HL Adapter, the problems that I had was:

1- I don't know how to connect the heng long receiver to the elmod system (on the manual says that this connection has to be done with the negative cable), but, which is the negative cable? [/b]

With the 4 Channel receiver the problems that I had was:

1-I don't know how to connect the 8 pin connection cable to the elmod main board

Thank you in advance

Regards from Barcelona
Old 01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
blitzkrieg65

Default RE: ElMod Installis driving me crazy!

ORIGINAL: Kampfwagen

Hello to everyone!

I have a HL Tiger 1 and I have been several months (I don't have too much time) to install the elmod electronics to my tank. I still don't know if its better to use the elmod HL adapter or use a 4 channel radio sytem. With the HL Adapter, the problems that I had was:

1- I don't know how to connect the heng long receiver to the elmod system (on the manual says that this connection has to be done with the negative cable), but, which is the negative cable? [/b]

With the 4 Channel receiver the problems that I had was:

1-I don't know how to connect the 8 pin connection cable to the elmod main board

Thank you in advance

Regards from Barcelona

EL MOd was specifically designed to mate with the Heng long tanks! If you look at the manual I have atteched you will see on the top right they have a list of turret controls that show where they connect on the EL MOD Thinktank Module board! lengthed the wires to the 8 pin header connector and it plugs right into your EL MOD board! IF you are going to use the Heng long radio then you plug the 8 Pin connector that comes from the Heng long board into the Heng long adapter board, it has the connector designed for it perfectly! Please see second manual!

http://www.rctankwars.com/pdf/tankmodul_english.pdf

http://www.rctankwars.com/pdf/HLAdapter_english.pdf

I do not quite understand your first question?

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Kampfwagen

Thank you blitz for your response
The first question is that i don't know which is the negative cable that needs to be connected from the Heng long receiver pcb to the main switch. The original cable that connects the Heng long pcb receiver has 3 cables and I don't know which one of them is the negative and what I do to the rest of them.

The second question: what I am missing is the way to lenghthen the wires using cable D. What I understood is that i have to cut the red and black cables that goes to the white 8 pin plug ( that is attached next to the motor of the turret) and join the red color ones in one and the black cables together in another one, then connect this using cable D, on the other side of cable D it would be the 8 pin white plug that fits in the tankmodule is that correct?

Thank you
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: Kampfwagen

Thank you blitz for your response
The first question is that i don't know which is the negative cable that needs to be connected from the Heng long receiver pcb to the main switch. The original cable that connects the Heng long pcb receiver has 3 cables and I don't know which one of them is the negative and what I do to the rest of them.

The second question: what I am missing is the way to lenghthen the wires using cable D. What I understood is that i have to cut the red and black cables that goes to the white 8 pin plug ( that is attached next to the motor of the turret) and join the red color ones in one and the black cables together in another one, then connect this using cable D, on the other side of cable D it would be the 8 pin white plug that fits in the tankmodule is that correct?

Thank you
Lets make sure we are talking about the latest boards from EL MOD correct, like the manuals that I showed you?

If this is the unit you have,,,, then you do not need to connect a ground wire to the reciever board, Heng long use to send their tanks that way, but we always cut that wire anyway and it is not necessary!

The second question I have attached a chart that shows you what the wires go to from the Heng long connector ( Every HL tank owner should have this chart!) and the black and red wires from the 8 pin Heng long connector are for the HL Turret motor! You can use the D wire but I would recomend soldering any wires you need to lenghten!

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86629.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1360329  
Old 01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Kampfwagen

Yes I have the latest elmod boards like the manuals you showed me.

So you just connect the small Heng Long PCB reciever to the main Heng Long Board with the 3 wire cable, right?

If you use the HL adapter you can still use the airsoft BB gun?

Thank you Blitz