Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL Panzer IV Uprated Gearbox?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Panzer IV Uprated Gearbox?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Panzer Korps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Panzer IV Uprated Gearbox?

Hi all,
im trying to get a set of gear box/motors for my panzer IV, but i keep being sent g/box's that dont fit?
can anyone confirm if the have sucesfully upgraded this on a panzer iv without changing the sprockets or fitting plates in the tank to putthe gear box'son?

Thanks

Andie

ps, i think im being sent items for a Tiger.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Default RE: HL Panzer IV Uprated Gearbox?

the matorro 3:1 won't fit the screw holes. But (A Version - tiger, panzer III, IV) will fit but you have to secure it to the hull a different way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37441.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1377337  
Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, what brand Pz IV, second what brand of gear boxes are you buying? Most of the after market gearboxes will have differences in the mounting hole locations. It is not uncommon to have to add/remove standoffs(posts0 to mount the aftermarket GB's. a little more info would help us help you
Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Tam or HL tank? Asuming HL, where are you getting the gears from? Are they HL or Mato? Either way the Tiger gearbox is the same as the PzIV

The Mato ones can be made to fit, you have to pull out one of the gear shafts to get to the screws tho... Not impossible - just fiddly to do. I've done a few now, tho I must admit that the idea of getting somebody to make a custom mounting plate that replaces the stock mounts is very tempting, as they will break eventually[&:]. Let me know if you need pictures of the fitting process...

HTH,
Mart

P.S. Thinking back, for the HL PzIV you either have to dremel away material around the post for the gearbox screw, OR dismount the motor and cut the gearbox frame in that area (dunno why they need all that sheet metal under the motor - its isn't doing squat for you )
Old 02-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a HL, missed it on the thread title.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
harryfish

ORIGINAL: thomasjohnmurphy

the matorro 3:1 won't fit the screw holes. But (A Version - tiger, panzer III, IV) will fit but you have to secure it to the hull a different way.

I noticed you don't have a fan on your rx-18, is that because your running those gearboxes?
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

that's actually the speaker. That tank is a Panther but I have installed the matorro gears in a panzer III (same process using milliput to secure them)
Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Panzer Korps

Hi all. yes its heng long as per the title of the thread

i got the gears off the bay listed as for all HL german tanks, the bottom mounting plate fits fine, its the original metal sprockets wont fit the posts atall. the supplied new sprocket mounting screws are far too large *wont fit sprocket*
the box they came in have TR RR on the box in pen, make me think there for a tiger. in the listing there was no mention i needed to mod anything to make these fit. since finding this site, i see there is not really a g/box fits all solution.
i have also now found out the ebay vendor is tankzone uk. i just really wanted to confirm if there was a gearbox out there that would drop right in as these vendors surgest?

Thanks All
Andie