Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Beware of Heng Long Tanks !!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Beware of Heng Long Tanks !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 04:52 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beware of Heng Long Tanks !!!

nevermind
Old 11-27-2010, 09:23 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Ironcross. Did you waterproof the hull or just spray coat the electronics, for your submaring adventure.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Eggman1965
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can have your cake and eat it too! A DBC/DBU combination and a new airsoft unit with $5 worth of modifications will allow you to IR battle and shoot HOLES in your beer cans too. New metal gearboxes are cheap(ish) to buy so never say die! BTW NOBODY'S smoker ever works!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Ironcross79

I actually spray coat the circuit with silicon and it able to swim like crocodile!! haha.. b4 tat waterproofing,it actually got short circuit after water slips in and i had to air dry it with my wife hair dryer. anyways i still got a long way to learn from u ppl and i realy wonder how can i place an order from Heng Long to buy metal tracks and metal gear box?
Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 AM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: Ironcross79

I actually spray coat the circuit with silicon and it able to swim like crocodile!! haha.. b4 tat waterproofing,it actually got short circuit after water slips in and i had to air dry it with my wife hair dryer. anyways i still got a long way to learn from u ppl and i realy wonder how can i place an order from Heng Long to buy metal tracks and metal gear box?
Interesting.....you coated the electronics with silicone? How do the fetsventilate? While I'm aware that some silicones resists up to 1500° F and I'm sure that the heat would stay in check when submerged in water.....but what if you do mostly land driving with a slim occasion of water submerging? How long have you been running it like this?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Ironcross79

ORIGINAL: BiggTony

ORIGINAL: Ironcross79

Interesting.....you coated the electronics with silicone? How do the fetsventilate? While I'm aware that some silicones resists up to 1500° F and I'm sure that the heat would stay in check when submerged in water.....but what if you do mostly land driving with a slim occasion of water submerging? How long have you been running it like this?
Hello BiggTony,

I am using Kester components silicon which is for waterproofing circuits. According to its specifications,heat from 7.2Volts is within tolerance and does not burn the ICson the circuits. I have been running on this for 6 hrs and I did visual inspections on the circuit. Everything is working well. However,if u are running on 9.2Volts battery or higher, I dont think it is recommended Anyways ya comments did tickle my mind to be cautious of the fragile circuit!! Thanks!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:04 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Choochoo187

Hi People . Im new to Rc Tanks but i think i have a serious gripe here. I bought a Panzer III RC Airsoft Tank With All the metal doo dads, Gears, Tracks, For Christmas 09' . I opened it up and it was pretty cool . I drove it all around chased the dogs shot some beer cans all that cool stuff. then i noticed the smoke generator didnt work. ok possible over fill. So i turned it of waited for it to dry out. nada i suspect its a internal problem. I checked the threads you guys write and im sure its whats going on. ok i can live without smoke . but then the airsoft gun broke a week later. i know this cause the plastic tab that holds the spring fell out when i opened the tank up. FUN. ok no gun..ok i can still drive it. well yesterday the gears in the right side seemed to have gave up and it makes a bad metal to metal sounds...***! keep in mind this tank was drivin a total of a hour or so and shot possibly 40 bbs before it broke. Again ***? I bought this From Raiden Tech and id have to say it was a real bad waste of money . and has horrible build quality. I realize now you get what you pay for. so now i have a $200 Static Model....fun im saving for my Tamiya Tiger Tank
OK,

We have all been there...... Here comes another HL to Tamiya convert. You are in good company Choo Choo.
BTW you should join our North East Armored Division NEAD. We are an RC tank group on Yahoo with 65 members from VA to NH and MI to LI. NY. We have active members near you. Here is a link for your to check out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenspanzergroup/

We have had 3 battle events this fall. We also have members that may be able to fix you tank problem. You can always convert it to a great Tamiya tank from HL junk you have now. I have done and sold many and own several "Tamlongs" now.

Some Tamlongs items can be seen here in pix from Danville VA and on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thecommandernj?feature=mhum

Bob, NEAD CO

Don't give up hope. There are many great guys here to help you.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 PM
YHR

ORIGINAL: thecommander

ORIGINAL: Choochoo187

Hi People . Im new to Rc Tanks but i think i have a serious gripe here. I bought a Panzer III RC Airsoft Tank With All the metal doo dads, Gears, Tracks, For Christmas 09' . I opened it up and it was pretty cool . I drove it all around chased the dogs shot some beer cans all that cool stuff. then i noticed the smoke generator didnt work. ok possible over fill. So i turned it of waited for it to dry out. nada i suspect its a internal problem. I checked the threads you guys write and im sure its whats going on. ok i can live without smoke . but then the airsoft gun broke a week later. i know this cause the plastic tab that holds the spring fell out when i opened the tank up. FUN. ok no gun..ok i can still drive it. well yesterday the gears in the right side seemed to have gave up and it makes a bad metal to metal sounds...***! keep in mind this tank was drivin a total of a hour or so and shot possibly 40 bbs before it broke. Again ***? I bought this From Raiden Tech and id have to say it was a real bad waste of money . and has horrible build quality. I realize now you get what you pay for. so now i have a $200 Static Model....fun im saving for my Tamiya Tiger Tank
OK,

We have all been there...... Here comes another HL to Tamiya convert. You are in good company Choo Choo.
BTW you should join our North East Armored Division NEAD. We are an RC tank group on Yahoo with 65 members from VA to NH and MI to LI. NY. We have active members near you. Here is a link for your to check out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenspanzergroup/

We have had 3 battle events this fall. We also have members that may be able to fix you tank problem. You can always convert it to a great Tamiya tank from HL junk you have now. I have done and sold many and own several ''Tamlongs'' now.

Some Tamlongs items can be seen here in pix from Danville VA and on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thecommandernj?feature=mhum

Bob, NEAD CO

Don't give up hope. There are many great guys here to help you.

What's wrong two threads about fairly satisfied Heng long owners getting to be too much for ya
Old 11-28-2010, 03:36 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Orrr...there is always elmod for the HL tanks brother!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
some81

This is the worst toy witch I ever have.
1. The trigger of the RC broke, I opened it and notice that 1 screw is missing.
2. The servo broke
And all of this just for 2 days, even I didnt have a chance to recharge the battery for the 3th time.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:25 PM
HondoBob

That was neither Oxford nor Webster’s English. Could you please restate your complaint? We may be able to offer assistance or recommendations.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should save your money and buy a Tamiya kit. In the long run this will actually cost you less money if you stay in the hobby. On the plus side of it, if you decide it is not for you you can always sell the Tamiya and get near full value for it. Not so with any other brand.
And I don't want to hear a buch of noise from all the Die hard HL fans. I am one my self, but with the expierience of owning both I can tell you first hand where your money is better spent. And no one can trulely argue that fact. IMO.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:46 PM
MassiveOverkill

ORIGINAL: Panther G

You should save your money and buy a Tamiya kit. In the long run this will actually cost you less money if you stay in the hobby. On the plus side of it, if you decide it is not for you you can always sell the Tamiya and get near full value for it. Not so with any other brand.
And I don't want to hear a buch of noise from all the Die hard HL fans. I am one my self, but with the expierience of owning both I can tell you first hand where your money is better spent. And no one can trulely argue that fact. IMO.
I haven't owned a Tamiya tank yet, but you're right. I already have $335 into myHLJagd, and that's not counting misc. hardware I've had to buy. I'm hoping Taigan can bridge the gap between the two makers.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

He's not talking about a HL tank - check his other 2 posts...
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
YHR

ORIGINAL: Ex_Pat_Tanker

He's not talking about a HL tank - check his other 2 posts...

THanks for pointing that out, before this starts into an all out HL slamfest. HL monster truck is not a tank. Buy the latest HL Panther of KV1, and there is little to complain about.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:02 AM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Hello Choochoo, I had the same problem with my HL Panzer III smoke unit. It was not smoking. Open the the top of the smoke unit by unscrewing the four little screws and there is a wick. If there is a wad of cotton remove it and throw it. Also throw out the HL smoke fluid it is crap. Go to your nearest Trainshop/hobbyshop and buy some MTH Protosmoke for O Gauge Trains it is around $5.00. If you want buy some MTH wick and put that in your smoke unit. I know about this because I have been into model trains for a very long time. Also do cram the wick back in the unit you need some space for the forced air to push the smoke out. It is a half assed smoke system but with tweaking it will work. The HL wick looks like a piece of small rope. Also I learned from this forum throw away the HL BBs they are crap too. Buy small high quality BBs from a store. I am working on converting a MTH smoke unit to work in a HL tank. As for the gears these fellow tankers on the forum know there stuff.
Rollin
Old 04-12-2011, 04:33 PM
DirtyBird69

his first mistake was to order something from raidentech...had he ordered from Phil at rctankwars his HL would run just fine(albeit the POS they call a smoker)lol..