Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

taoJ-Joat work in progress Tiger 1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

taoJ-Joat work in progress Tiger 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:07 PM
taoJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taoJ-Joat work in progress Tiger 1

Just some pics of the internal layout of my HL tiger 1, asiatam hull, Li ion batts, upgraded smoker,asiatam late metal road wheels, asiatam 3:1's,those bearing axle supports.
oh and if you look to the left you'll see the volume control knob, I cut out the rear hatch and made it so I can spin the hatch and adjust the volume that way
all 3 rear hatches are cut out, for access to the switches and what not, I gotta cut out the front 2 for acess to the shut off switches to the lithuim battery monitors

whatever this is I made it out of brass, and first I thought it was gonna be a pain adding the 2 little prongs to attach it to the hull, but really it was farely easy

Heres some pics of the batts so you can see actual size

damn it, I just realized I dont have the width pic,but it's 3 flushly mounted 18650 cells
Oh and this is my tool box, it's 10ft long, about 5 10" high and just under 36" deep, empty weight is like 1700lbs, and full is puhing like over2500lbs

Oh and I had this custom sized, the loser that worked next to me was just tragic and accidents waiting to happen, vehicles nearly fell of the the lifts numerous times, he like to take off 3/8's headed bolts with 10mm sockets, he bought tools form the dollar store, I had to wipe his ass on his comebacks daily! he bought tools from the dollar store for real, and this is at a dealer, they fired him after he smashed a High cube and caused of 5 k in damages,even though he poised a safety hazard to people that worked around him they did not let him go till the high cube inccident and damaged numerous cars
Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 PM
TXtanker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: taoJ-Joat work in progress Tiger 1

Great layout and nice tool boxes...... they have their own zip code right? I know what you mean about the accidents waiting to happen I spent many an hour fixing cars that were fixed by master mechanics...........
Old 03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
taoJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: taoJ-Joat work in progress Tiger 1

ORIGINAL: TXtanker

Great layout and nice tool boxes...... they have their own zip code right? I know what you mean about the accidents waiting to happen I spent many an hour fixing cars that were fixed by master mechanics...........
When I first gotta the center section, I use to take naps on it after lunch, center is 6ft long, I am 6 1",then I got the riser so I could leave crap on my box and not put everything away, I moved jobs and they did not allow free standing cabinets, so I bought 2 lockers.Itold my wife I will not buy another box unless my current gets destroyed/stolen, it takes way to much effort to move tools from one box to another plus you end up changing layout etc , way to much work.