Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

Old 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

The front hatches are different, the turret hatches are different as well. The one in the picture looks very much like a late model Sherman M4A4 where as the one in the video is more Sherman III ( M4A2)looking
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM
BiggTony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, like I said...untrained eye on the Sherman! 
Old 05-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Actually..... the very first part I did cast when starting my foundry work was a 1/10 scale upper hull for a late version M4A1. I have it still. I also have
most all the parts for two different versions: VVSS and HVSS. The very last M4A1 76mm Shermans had HVSS suspensions whiile the ealier one had
VVSS. My hull is quite good however it really was cast like a tank hull, VERY thick, albeit aluminum. Quite heavy.

So yes, a Sherman is definately planned; if there was a reliable model radial engine small enough I'd use it for power. All the better radials are much too large for a 1/10 model.

Jerry
Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Monotheist

ORIGINAL: BiggTony

This company make 4 types of Tigers in 1/8 scale. At one time I did consider this place, but I'm not sure if they are even in business anymore. Anyone know? http://www.rcarmory.com/kit_sturmtiger.html

Yes they are. I purchased a KT from RC Armory late last year. There is a thread somewhere that I posted on the build process but stopped posting as there was not that much interest from the rest of the group in 1/8 scale.

Although these are still very expensive I find the overall quality of construction and design is really good. Mine get put through hell on a regular basis as shown below and has not skipped a beat.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 PM
BiggTony

Thanks for the update Monotheist!

From their description, it sounds like they are supplied with some very durable material, unlike some of the large scale resin/fiberglass bodies commonly made for tanks of that scale...and for what the total cost of a full option tank is....I think it's great deal!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
BiggTony

Only took an exact month to the day for them to respond, but hey....It's a start!
2010-05-26
<hr style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; width: 122px; height: 2px; " size="2" align="left" />
marketing
Dear Mr. Tony,
Thanks for your inquiry about our rc tanks.
This is Sheryl from FuyuanRC Model, professional manufacturer of RC products including rc boats, airplanes, tanks , rc accessories, tools and hop-up parts.
We have not completed the price list of tanks, because our tanks are still in testing. Will send you the price when available.
For more products, welcome to check on our sitewww.fuyuanrc.com
Anything interested in, pls feel free to contact with me. Pls send your emails directly to[email protected]
Looking forward to your soon reply, thanks
Best Regards
Sheryl Li
Fuyuan R/C Model[/b]
Tel.: 86-20-87743718 ext-816
Fax: 86-20-87079250
Old 05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like how they refer to you as Mr. Tony. Did you sign your e-mail 'Bigg Tony'? When I deal with Asian countries they do that to me too.

Perry
Old 05-26-2010, 03:38 PM
BiggTony

Lol! Nope, gave them my full name and over seas retailers always seem to refer me to Mr. Tony.....maybe I should start signing my name as Salter Tony !....It would probably still turn out wrong!
I definitely going to keep in touch with "Sheryl" ........why do they always seem to have not so asian first names? lol
So far I've met aSheryl Li,Chuck Yaung, Joe Zheng, Sam Qian, and I can't recall the others. Do they draw names out of a hat? Gotta go ask my mom, she did the same damn thing, lol!
Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Monotheist

That Sherman in the vid looked nice. It also appeared pretty durable and capable off road so im going to keep a close eye on this thread for more details. Unfortunately the site they provided a link to was a bit of a turn off as its filled with nasty chinese cloned copies of other R/C gear
Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From their description, it sounds like they are supplied with some very durable material, unlike some of the large scale resin/fiberglass bodies commonly made for tanks of that scale...and for what the total cost of a full option tank is....I think it's great deal!

Tony, you will be surprised with these large scale tanks I have had a few and never had any problems with them apart from the fact they are a bit cumbersome to lift on your own, I also personally know quite a few very happy owners of the same tanks, yes the engineering is not the best but € for € they are good value especially when you look at people spending over €1000 up-grading a 1/16 Heng Long with all the accessories, one has to ask what that’s all about
Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 PM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

From their description, it sounds like they are supplied with some verydurablematerial, unlike some of the large scale resin/fiberglass bodies commonly made for tanks of that scale...and for what the total cost of a full option tank is....I think it's great deal!

Tony, you will be surprised with these large scale tanks I have had a few and never had any problems with them apart from the fact they are a bit cumbersome to lift on your own, I also personally know quite a few very happy owners of the same tanks, yes the engineering is not the best but € for € they are good value especially when you look at people spending over €1000 up-grading a 1/16 Heng Long with all the accessories, one has to ask what that’s all about
Rivet, I certainly agree with the logic....but the wife doesn't. Oh, how I wish I had discovered the world of tanks before finding my wife. I'd still be a single man with armored babies!

No really, my intention is to get me one of those big boys, like the Tiger your working on....although your lengthy build is quite theintimidation. I may have to participate in a more appropriate forum that deals with that scale. With the right resources, I'm sure a lot of it could be done on ones own with out buying pre-made kits/parts. But I lackseverelywhen it comes to RC building and electronicengineering, but I'm learning!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Lol! Nope, gave them my full name and over seas retailers always seem to refer me to Mr. Tony.....maybe I should start signing my name as Salter Tony !....It would probably still turn out wrong!
I definitely going to keep in touch with ''Sheryl'' ........why do they always seem to have not so asian first names? lol
So far I've met a Sheryl Li, Chuck Yaung, Joe Zheng, Sam Qian, and I can't recall the others. Do they draw names out of a hat? Gotta go ask my mom, she did the same damn thing, lol!
If Sheryl were a "Sex In the City" fan she probably would have swooned over having met "Mr. Bigg"!

Regarding taking a western name, this is the first thing most Chinese students are asked to do when studying a foreign language. Funny thing is, the name rarely sticks as they change on a whim or because their employer wants them to assume another identity more fitting &/or one that belonged to a past employee who held the position a new hire assumes for continuity.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 PM
BiggTony

LOL!!

I had a feeling that was done. I know I had to do that when I worked in a collection agency 12 or so years ago here in the US! lol

"Let me speak to your manager!" says the recipient. "Sure sir, hold for one second." Quickly forward the call to a co worker. 10 or so of us shared 4 names (men were Bill, Lewis and women were Samantha, Cindy) and we all played the role of the manager John or Johnathan and Diane or Diana.) Real shady place, I can tell ya that! lol
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM
rivetcounter

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

From their description, it sounds like they are supplied with some very durable material, unlike some of the large scale resin/fiberglass bodies commonly made for tanks of that scale...and for what the total cost of a full option tank is....I think it's great deal!

Rivet, I certainly agree with the logic....but the wife doesn't. Oh, how I wish I had discovered the world of tanks before finding my wife. I'd still be a single man with armored babies!

No really, my intention is to get me one of those big boys, like the Tiger your working on....although your lengthy build is quite the intimidation. I may have to participate in a more appropriate forum that deals with that scale. With the right resources, I'm sure a lot of it could be done on ones own with out buying pre-made kits/parts. But I lack severely when it comes to RC building and electronic engineering, but I'm learning!

Tony, what you do is very simple, you talk to the wife and say you are thinking of getting a “Better†tank then say I think I will sell all the tanks I have and only keep the 1 tank, notice absolutely no mention of scale, this is where she agrees now sell all your tanks making sure that all the proceeds are kept very safely away from the vast “new dress and shoe fund†then buy you new large scale tank, this is where you have to say that she agreed to you only having the 1 tank, mind you it only ever works once.

Don’t be put off by the build time as the digger they are the longer they take to build, no single part takes less than a day to make
Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
BiggTony

That's a great idea! You must have done this before!  

I fear the worst, I'm so bad at hoarding. I'd likely pretend I sold my current and future tanks, only to reveal that I haven't once I get what I want! lol Common tactic my wife is fairly used to by now! 

While I'd love to have a 1/4.....that's just tooooo, huge. I'd have to purchase a truck or trailer bed just to move it around or be confined to my front yard and neighborhood....that would not be good.. But a 1/6 or 1/8 would do me just fine such as the ones Steenv posted in the Munster Panzer Museum 
I've done quite a bit of researching on these bigger scales and they are quite fascinating. $3-$4 grand for one is well worth the money to me. 
Old 05-27-2010, 04:27 PM
bowlman

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Shoot I done gave up the new car fund on the 4 Tamiya's I have now and still needed to build the Jagdpanther O and don't for get the odd HL and Mato and the upgrades for each .
I could of had $4,000 for a big tank last month or a new car well my jeep still runs good starting to rust under the doors .

Jimmy
Old 05-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.fuyuanrc.com/v/M4%20Tank.wmv
Old 08-31-2011, 03:09 AM
bigwull118

ORIGINAL: Tanque

Unfortunately for me it isn't available in 1/10 scale. I need more Allied armor to
offset my German armor.

Jerry
..Jerry???...Carducci,perhaps????
Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 AM
rivetcounter

Wull, it’s been a long time since you have posted on any forums, hope all is well.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 AM
TeTris MoNk

Hey Tony, so I hear you dont want a big tank because of moving around? How bout selling all your tanks and funding one of these?

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...tory_here.html
Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 AM
karel47

yes tony long time no see glad you made it back
Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I'll see Kinson's new tanks this coming weekend at the SIME. I wonder if they fit in the back of my DongFang Joyair?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
rivetcounter

I have seen a picture of the fourth coming Tiger they intend to release though I have to say it has rather a large amount of faults especially with the turret and main gun
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I need to get a large scale tank project soon for the winter. Doesn't look like this company survived though.

Maybe if I sell my T.V. and sofa in the hobbyroom I can pull it off!! A Sherman will look nice next to the 2 M5's which I have yet to work on.

- Jeff
Old 09-01-2011, 02:37 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, if we talk about http://www.fuyuanrc.com they produce 1/6 scale tanks...
Telling more they have produced M36 alsready... very good stuff, quite a good quality...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.