Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 AM
BiggTony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

I found this seller's site in China who is manufacturing 1/8 gas and electric Sherman's. I'm not really sure if it's new or they've been selling these.......
If anyone knows where they're selling, let me know! I've contacted them and hope toreceivesome info soon! It'll probably be some ridiculous price or minimum 100 unit order. But, it never hurts to ask! lol

http://www.rc-model-manufacturer.com...rc-tank-1.html

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21044.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1425445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49790.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1425446  
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

Keep us posted. i would be very interested in obtaining one of these Shermans
Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 AM
BiggTony

I certainly will! Having a 1/8th Sherman would be absolutely awesome....depending on the price of course. I've found a couple other dealers in China whole/drop selling these but I haven't tried to contact them yet, since I happen to stumble across the actualmanufacturer.
If there is a reasonable price and order limit, may have to make a group order! lol
Also.......
This company is vague but claims all these tanks are RC at 1/20 or 1/18 or I dunno but I don't really want to deal with the frustration of finding out, since they are having a hard time relaying proper info on their stuff. Not really sure what brand they are either!

If I'm reading it correctly.....they can make the specific tanks they illustrate to what ever scale you want in various materials from wood to metal in static for to RC. How friggin cool is that?!? If I can catch one of their reps on chat.....I may attempt the communication.

http://hbkj.en.alibaba.com/product/2...odel_tank.html

http://hbkj.en.alibaba.com/product/3...odel_tank.html

http://hbkj.en.alibaba.com/product/3...odel_tank.html

http://hbkj.en.alibaba.com/product/301454027-209947696/handcraft_model_tank.html
Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I know the owner of Fuyuan after having met him at several local model shows. Their primary focus is GRP IC & electric boats & supply some of well-known brands such as ProBoat but are diversifying into other lines. I'll see what I can find out for you guys.

That other company is one of many model makers here who are appearing everywhere in this growing hobby market - most are BS as you can probably imagine by looking at the hundreds of products they claim to produce. I've seen many of those photos from other manufacturers; in fact several of those tanks appear to be from Alex S.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
YHR

That would be great. We need someone who can deliver the product.

Thanks for checking this out. I and a lot of others would probably be very interesting in a company that could deliver on a product like this.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
BiggTony

Yeah Herrmil,

If you can find any further info on this Sherman that would be awesome! I keep checking my email every hour on the hour, like I'm waiting on a tank to arrive at my front door! lol

I figured that other manufacture was claiming bs on some of those pictured tanks. But that Sherman in my main focus right now. That thing looks sick! Can you imagine the weathering job on a sucker like that? whew!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: BiggTony

I found this seller's site in China who is manufacturing 1/8 gas and electric Sherman's. I'm not really sure if it's new or they've been selling these.......
If anyone knows where they're selling, let me know! I've contacted them and hope to receive some info soon! It'll probably be some ridiculous price or minimum 100 unit order. But, it never hurts to ask! lol

http://www.rc-model-manufacturer.com...rc-tank-1.html

I wish somebody would tie down the gear on the engine cover. What are the cans on the front and rear?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 PM
BiggTony

Yeah, that stuff is a bit gimmicky .....I think they just threw all that stuff on there to show what you get with the tank. At least I hope that's the case and most of that stuff isn't molded on.....can you imagine cutting all that crap away? What a nightmare!
That'll slow down Lightning Dan/YHR! lol
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Isn't that the truth about Dan? It took me a week just to open the box to look at my recoil unit, in that time Dan completed one tank and started another.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Isn't that the truth about Dan? It took me a week just to open the box to look at my recoil unit, in that time Dan completed one tank and started another.

Cheers,
Wade
HA! HA! HA! HA! Yeah, since I've been here, I've seen him work on several tanks and I'm still on my first. That's determination for you! My wife would slap me silly if I hid away from her and the kids for more than a couple hours at a time. Takes me an hour to assemble one PE clamp! lol
Old 05-14-2010, 12:38 AM
herrmill

Guys,

Fuyuan is selling their 1/6 M4 Sherman under their Vantex brand direct from their site for USD880 for gas powered and USD780 for electric FOB China.

Standard features include:

Turret rotation & main gun elevation
Sound & smoke effects

You can download a vid of the gas version here: http://www.fuyuanrc.com/v/M4_Tank.wmv

They're working on a Tiger as their next release. I mentioned to their laoban that they'd go far if they'd think outside the box & consider other subjects that we have talked at length here.

At this point they have no dealers in the US or EU carrying the tank.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 AM
YHR

I get a dead link. I really want to see this!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 AM
BiggTony

Dang it, I can't find the Vid at their site! 

So much for getting a Tamiya, those price quotes are way too reasonable if they are as good as I'm hoping! 
Old 05-14-2010, 01:14 AM
BiggTony

Stop playing Herrmil!!! Fix the link!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:51 AM
herrmill

Click or copy & paste the link but you'll need to remove the "_" between M4 & Tank leaving a space. Works for me.

Regarding scale accuracy, I've seen their PT boats at several shows & they make a good platform for mods, if you know what I mean...

BTW, its 1/6, not 1/8 scale.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:10 AM
BiggTony

Finally got it to work with internet explorer. For some reason google chrome and firefox wouldn't play it for me.
Anyway.......I have to have it! That tank is a beast! I looked under their site and I don't see an option to purchase it. How do I purchase it! I've sent them several emails inquiring about this tank when I first posted this, so either I've had the wrong email, they don't speak or writeEnglish.....or their ignoring me! lol Seeing it in action now, if shipping isn't too ridiculous, I'm getting this for sure.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 AM
herrmill

Hold your horses, pardner... its brand new & yet to be uploaded onto their site.

I can get one if I wanted since I happen to know their boss but its coming soon. Start saving your $$$ (or RMB).
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 AM
BiggTony

Darn it, I was ready to order it tonight! lol
That's would surely piss off the wife...but, oh well! This I have to have!

Do you know if this will be fully built, assembly required, or a little of both? I hope it's assembly required RC tank. 750-850 us buckaroos sounds like a price too good to be true for such a large tank..
Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 AM
YHR

I'm in, but I think I want the electric version. The sound electronics you could stuff in this would be great.

Remember the mine flailer. Picture a rotory lawn blade on the front, and now you are ordering some garden equipment if anyone asks!!!!!!.

The pictures that bigtony posted are not still pictures of the tank that is in the video. So does this mean two different tanks from the same manufacturer or two different manufactures bringing out a big scale Sherman?????. The M4 in the video is the one I would want.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 AM
BiggTony

I'm looking forward to the release of this tank for sure. 

I think the tank in the  video is the same as the pic posted, only difference that I can see is the back cover to access the gas motor and mud flaps. If anything, some of the features may be exclusive to the gas models for vent/access purposes and maybe this is a give away to some of the options that will be available to the body? I do hear metal tracks....that makes me even more happy. Although my eyes aren't trained on Shermans yet, maybe you can enlighten me on some of the differences you see?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Unfortunately for me it isn't available in 1/10 scale. I need more Allied armor to
offset my German armor.

Jerry
Old 05-14-2010, 11:01 AM
BiggTony

Why haven't you made one Tanque!! Didn't you make much of your own collection? Start up that furnace and pour that aluminum! I'd love to see one of your builds from the ground up!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM
herrmill

Knowing Fuyuan it will be a complete fully assembled RTR model.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:13 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Every man and his dog have done a 1/6 Tiger but if it’s cheep it will sell better still if they did a Panzer IV Ausf H that would be better as there is only 1 company selling this at the moment it’s a small company with a small run but the tanks are high end on detail and price something in the same category as the Sherman would be well received
Old 05-14-2010, 02:29 PM
BiggTony

This company make 4 types of Tigers in 1/8 scale. At one time I did consider this place, but I'm not sure if they are even in business anymore. Anyone know? http://www.rcarmory.com/kit_sturmtiger.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.