Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DAK "Blitzkreig" May 22

Old 05-20-2010, 12:57 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Default DAK "Blitzkreig" May 22

Following the pattern of the 1940's, the German Blitzkrieg through Belgium and Holland is well under way, the French and British are valiantly trying to hold the line, but Brussels has already fallen and the Dutch army has surrendered.

I know DAK has none of the period vehicles or Dutch portions of the field but Battle is Battle and we are here to appreciate history while we drive our tanks and socialize with our friends.

As for the Vehicles we do have, expect the last pages of the Tamiya catalog to hit our field and a few new members. If nothing else, we have a cool weekend (for MAY) with temps around 90 degrees. Join us on the field if you dare. Set up is at 12pm but festivities should be underway by 3pm or so. We'll be doing the Pizza thing this time.

"Spoiler Alert" Those of you with M36 turrets out there..... Stay Tuned!

See you on the field.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: DAK

Charging up the tanks, trying to decide what tanks are going to make the cut, making the list and checking it twice. Typical pre-battleday chaos. Looking forward to a nice run with the tanks.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Hope you have good weather and take plenty of pics for us non-combatants.

- Jeff
Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Dugster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Maintenance Depot is almost finished. They just need to top off batteries and we will be RTB (ready to battle).

Ethan, you will be happy to see that the Panther now has numbers and some other new details.

Doug
Old 05-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Pzjgr

My three Tigers (Did I tell you I like Tiger I's?), Jagdpanther and KV-1 are all ready and primed...gonna put some hurt on Craig, Doug, Aimee and Steve with my KV-1.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76145.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1439486  
Old 05-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Saxondog

I wish I could join you guy's,take lots of pictures and please post so the less fortunate can enjoy some of the fun. Blake
Old 05-21-2010, 01:40 AM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tiger 931 will be there dragging me along with it. The last battle of the season at the DAK field is upon us..

Duane, I am so glad that your KV-1 will have its baptism under fire on Saturday! Tiger 931 against KV 212! I can hardly wait for the confrontation.. Finally, I shall witness the climactic battle of German Heavy Armor versus Russian Heavy Armor.. A first I think for the DAK field?

I've made a video, to perhaps help you and everyone else, prepare for what you'll be up against. I hope your armor plating is thick enough and that your resolve is strong enough. With a few Pcomm1 parts, soon to be installed inside it, the dreaded Totentiger shall return once more..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4YP83y8Ido[/youtube]

Now I know why I haven't posted a video on Youtube in over 2 years, they usually end up sounding and or looking terrible once Youtube recompresses them.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM
nascardad88

WOO HOO...can't wait. I'll be there minus one very nice Panther, but will have my "in progress" M-41 WALKER for all to see !!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 AM
streetsquid

Duane,
The KT has been equipped with a new set of tracks, so it should run pretty strong ALL DAY LONG..............................sorry but me thinks the KV-1 is gonna have a short and painful baptism to the DAK field. It looks so pretty and clean (Oh yeah and green too!) that makes it such a nice target...............BRING IT!

Nice to see your still bringing some of your "bad guy armor" as well, we like to see you enjoy at least a victory or two during the day!

Squid
Old 05-22-2010, 03:45 PM
edoubleaz

Best day ever!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:08 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Report, we need status reports!!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Panther F

pics?

- Jeff
Old 05-23-2010, 07:38 AM
edoubleaz

Not enough words.... Temps in mid 80's, clear skies (UV index over 10 of course) a tad bit of wind early, and a great turnout. We had new tanks, old tanks, radio systems you never would suspect, horse trades, and finally a sense of parity in the old Allied-Axis debate. To quote the XO on driving his new Sherman, "I don't hate it"

Our group is expanding and who else can say they had $25,000 worth of tanks on the field!

as usual check out the pics at http://web.mac.com/ethandunsford/DAK...5-22-2010.html

Name:	Ge96636.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	1440595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70213.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	1440596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70796.jpg
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1440597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32147.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1440598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19126.jpg
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1440599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60814.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1440600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61212.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	1440601   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43650.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1440602  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31124.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	1440603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17133.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1440604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28983.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1440605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx77021.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1440606  
Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Panther F

The pictures alone look like a good time was had. What, I count 31 tanks there? That's a pretty big assembly of armor and tankers!

Thanks for the pics!

- Jeff
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys, good for you... Excellent pics.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 AM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Steve
I hope ol' 931 worked out for you this battle weekend and you were able to paint some kill rings on your barrel!
I really liked the video you posted, pretty cool!
Sometime, I am going to have to make the trip there to the DAK battlefield, it looks like you all have a great time!!
talk soon,
Will
Old 05-23-2010, 12:26 PM
edoubleaz

We had 34 in the group shot, 2 had already left for the day. One of our core members only brought one and two local guys with multiple vehicle didn't show... Me thinks we have something going here!

Name:	Nl30801.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1440748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56772.jpg
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	1440749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51321.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1440750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17198.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	1440751  
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very good. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:30 AM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: manchu9inf

Steve
I hope ol' 931 worked out for you this battle weekend and you were able to paint some kill rings on your barrel!
I really liked the video you posted, pretty cool!
Sometime, I am going to have to make the trip there to the DAK battlefield, it looks like you all have a great time!!
talk soon,
Will
Will - Yes, Totentiger 931 got 6 or 7 kills last night, all after sunset when darkness fell upon the field.. It lost its first encounter with KV 212, but later on KV 212 was silenced by 931's gun (after having been softened up by a Jagdtiger, but 931 delivered the death blow). This was my best combat performance with 931 to date. Was my first battle using a push button switch on the radio for firing the gun, so that probably helped. Near the conclusion of the final battle 931 partially threw both of its tracks. When I got the tank home I found 3 rocks wedged inside the driver's side idler wheel. First time I've had an incident with the tracks. No broken links or pins though. And best of all, NO stripped gears! If you do make a trip out here to DAK, you can bring your future late war 931 Tiger that your planning to build, and we can fight along side each other!

Jeff - Thanks for letting me drive and battle with your new KV-2! I finally got to command a Tamiya KV tank and an actual Russian tank at that! RSEA at the controls of a Russian tank, it finally happened lol. The KV-2 sure is a big monster of a tank, but your Jagdtiger still takes the crown as the overall biggest beast on the field.

Duane - Thanks for letting me test drive KV 212. I had fun trading shots with you during and between battles! Duane and I seem to enjoy shooting at each other even when there is no battle going on.. We did this last battle too haha.

And to top the evening off, I killed both Craig and Ethan (two Sherman victims), which of course was wonderful

It was fun guys! 34 tanks in that evening group shot, here is the breakdown (I was curious to count and sort them):

Tiger = 8
King Tiger = 4
Panther = 2
Jagdpanther = 1
Jagdtiger = 1
Panzer IV = 1 HL

Sherman = 10
M36 Jackson = 1
Pershing = 2
KV-1 = 1
KV-2 = 1
SU-122 = 1 WSN/Trumpeter
M41 Bulldog = 1 HL

German = 17
American = 14
Russian = 3
Old 05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Dugster

Wow! This may have been the best event yet. We had five new tanks on the field and over thirty total battle capable and night battles. I had so much fun I am still smiling on Monday.

I was a little under the weather so I only packed one tank (my trusty Panther). But I was able to swing a deal with Duane (Pzgjz) and obtain his Jagdpanther on the spot so I had two running tanks for the day. Duane also left his radio in it for the day. Thanks Duane! What fun. This was the first IFA tank I’ve battled and I like it a lot. It sure frustrates those Green Guys. We needed it too. With the two new KV heavies Team Green was very strong both day/night. Battles were pretty even most of the day. I counted on battle at 9 Allies vs. 5 Axis. Axis still won. But the Allies won their share, especially at night when they were hiding in the forest.

All of the new equipment ran very well, especially the KV-1 and KV-2. Their not very pretty but they are effective. It has been a while since we have seen a Porsche KT on the field and new member Dom’s is coming along and battled very well.

I saw Steve (RSEA) test driving both Duane’s KV-1; they swapped rides of a while. Then he drove Jeff’s (Jeff489) KV-2 for a battle. Steve, you look good driving that big beast! I could tell you were having fun by the big smile on your face. I even got to pop him a couple of times with the Jagdpanther. I think I see a KV in his future.

As I said, I only brought my faithful Panther G. I added some new detail work since the last battle day; new chains, mounted tracks on the turret sides and added ID numbers (this has been bugging Ethan for the last year…). As usual it ran perfect. The newly acquired Jagdpanther also ran without error. It should since the hull is the same as the panther.

Thanks to all of the great DAK members and friends for a day and evening of total fun! See you at the July Indoor Special in Tucson.

Doug
Old 05-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Pzjgr

I want to thank Ethan for the wonderful Sherman he built me, I love it! With Pershing DMD/MFU that little tank sounds great! Now I just have to get use to how zippy it is and dart around those mean Germans and nail them in the Rear!

I could tell Doug was having fun with the Jagdpanther, he had a smile the whole time he was driving it in every battle. I'm having regrets on selling it to him And we allies lost heart when we saw both Doug's Jagdpanther and Jeff's Lumbering Jagdtiger. Give us a break guys! Now I have a clue why Ethan patiently puts up with the Germans but still nails em.

Ethan I think for the next theme "Operation Barbarossa" the KV-1 and KV-2 should be IFA. That way the Allies have a chance. The Germans didn't call them "Monster" and "Gigant" for nothing.

I had a great time and glad everyone else had a good time. Steve it's great you got #931 operational again and even killed me a few times. :P

Dave you missed some good times and battles, hope you and everyone else makes it here in Tucson for the next battle.
And now all you guys have to get up early, pack up and drive up here
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Dugster

I’m still pumped up from Saturday. I just ordered Lipos for the Jagdpanther and made a reservation at the La Quinta Inn for the July event.

I am also thinking about a captured KV-1. Wouldn’t that be cool? Way better camo than plain jane boring green.

We be jammin now!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
streetsquid

[quote]ORIGINAL: edoubleaz

Not enough words.... Temps in mid 80's, clear skies (UV index over 10 of course) a tad bit of wind early, and a great turnout. We had new tanks, old tanks, radio systems you never would suspect, horse trades, and finally a sense of parity in the old Allied-Axis debate. To quote the XO on driving his new Sherman, ''I don't hate it''

Well, I guess I did go and open my mouth, so I kinda deserved that. And no Ethan is not lieing I actually did mutter those words, but it was more like "wow the Sherman handles pretty well, I don't hate it, not saying I really like it, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would". Regardless, it's still Allied and it still deserves to be shot, yeah I painted it white but it's still green underneath. I just wanted at least 1 Allied tank to even out the battle on occasion, funny thing is, it comes so naturally to me that I still found myself taking shots at Ethan

As mentioned by all who attended the event, great weather, good friends, cool tanks, and fierce battles, man I love this club.........................this is got to be one of the best hobbies with the nicest people - wouldn't trade it.

And now I have the scorching AZ summer months to complete the 3 in progress and 1 planned new addition to my arsenal ( And yes they are ALL Axis - BIG surprise I know) I have something in the works for those new KV's. Plus I really need to revamp, repair or replace our buildings and bridges, come October the DAK field will have a "new look".

More postings soon I promise!

Squid
Old 05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We too have decided that this battleday was one of the best.  Perhaps the best ever.  It seemed to us that the camaraderie was especially evident. 

As for the battles, the new battlefield improvements were very nice.  Special thanks to all who worked so hard on the field.  The handiwork contributed mightily to the special experience. 

I really liked the operational tank depot where you could pull in your damaged tank and get it "repaired"  It made things very interesting.  I battled my KV -2, Panther and Jagdtiger.  The battles were very even.  They seemed to ebb and flow more than I have ever recalled.  Many of the battles seesawed back and forth before the final end.   There were a few battles that were pretty crowded with 15+ tanks going at it.  Any larger, and we may need to start battling platoon style. 

I truly enjoy the social aspect of tanking...battledays.  The fellowship, horse trading, and information sharing are really what I enjoy.  We're looking forward to the next battleday. 

Old 05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
edoubleaz

Got a group photo from my pal who brought real lenses to the event. Just wait till the rest of the pics get here!

Name:	Rp43826.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1443060  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.