Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Paisans!...attenzione, un'occhiata al mio carro armato Italiano!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Paisans!...attenzione, un'occhiata al mio carro armato Italiano!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Paisans!...attenzione, un'occhiata al mio carro armato Italiano!

[quote]ORIGINAL: YHR

Wow. Very nice. Next time you pull a stunt like this take some pictures and let us follow along. Your work is incredible, and I for one would love to watch and learn a few things from you. Especially interesting is the work you did on the bogies.

~~~~~~~~~~~

YHR..............
I just can't get into taking progress pictures for some reason. Making the suspension was a bugger. It looks a lot better that it works. It might be able to handle a 1/16th scale speed bump, but I think a cigarette butt would stop it cold. Reducing a 1:1 thing to 1:16 scale just doesn't work out well for me sometimes.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Rex Ross

[quote]ORIGINAL: Tanque

Rexus Maximus, you be the Bestus.

Glad I could help you decide what to build.

It never fails to amaze just how fast and how well you can build one of these projects; you are truly the ''Bestus''...

Now help me make patterns for 1:10 or I'll cry.( kidding.... about the crying part)

Truly Rex, I look forward to seeing the beauty at the next meeting...

Jerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jerry........
Thanks for your nickname........Rexus Maximus.........are you saying that I'm big and fat?

Most people call me a Gluteus Maximus.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:30 PM
bigfiver69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous model!

Totally an inspiration... the chassis in particular is really, really well done.

Shep

Old 06-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Rex Ross

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

Rex Ross,
All I can do is to agree with all the other posts, and It would be great if you did do another build and did a thread at the same time. Like YHR I would try my hand as well. Thanks for sharing and hope a vid will be coming out showing the tank on the move. I think it would be fascinating to watch the bogies move over the terrain.

Jim

I don't have a clue about how to do one of those video things. I gotta find out about doing that. But it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. In the mean time, this photo is gonna hafta git it.........I have no idea what the real suspension was capable of.

I started a camo paint job (to hide the mistakes) and should be done with all of the finishing details, decals, and maybe some weathering some time this week. The weather in my garage is great for painting now, and I have 11 projects waiting in a line outside my spray booth. The box my Tamiya Pershing came in, and a bunch of Duct tape has really worked out well for a booth........
Old 06-13-2010, 06:12 PM
BiggTony

Rex, 

Okay....let us know when you start a new project...every 2 days, we'll send you a pm to take a photo of where ever you are in your project. Viola! lol!
No, really...I'm just glad you shared what you have at all. 
Old 06-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Rex Ross

ORIGINAL: BiggTony

Rex,

Okay....let us know when you start a new project...every 2 days, we'll send you a pm to take a photo of where ever you are in your project. Viola! lol!
No, really...I'm just glad you shared what you have at all.

I forgot to post the photo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18580.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1452657  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:30 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello Rex

Very nicely done! I am impressed equally by your skill and your courage to do a speciman as this.

Yours will be the first RC Som and likely the first RC Italian to hit the 16th battlefield for sure as I know of no other.

I have always admired the Italian subjects as they have had some interesting designs from the Fiat 2000 pre-war to now.

Gotta love those rivets!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Rex Ross

ORIGINAL: heavyaslead

Hello Rex

Very nicely done! I am impressed equally by your skill and your courage to do a speciman as this.

Yours will be the first RC Som and likely the first RC Italian to hit the 16th battlefield for sure as I know of no other.

I have always admired the Italian subjects as they have had some interesting designs from the Fiat 2000 pre-war to now.

Gotta love those rivets!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric ....
You can have my share of rivets (for life). This one only had 311. I always swear that I will never do anything with a lot of rivets. I'm gonna look for an Italian AFV that was welded for my next project. Your Zrinyi was the germ of an idea that resulted in this project. I agree that the Italians had some very interesting concepts, and I think that some of them would really be a challenge to do..........and might get me commited to an asylum. I'm halfway there already. I just put the decals on and will post the final photos this afternoon. Then it will be time for a 10 foot test drive on the kitchen floor and I'll park it on a shelf with all of my other stuff.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Flyn Chris

Wow, what a great build, an interesting tank to boot!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Rex Ross

Ok.....It's a done deal .......history. I don't know if it's finished, but I know I'm done with it. It's new project time (in a few days).

Accurate or not, here's the camo job I liked the best. There is a very dark black and white photo of a bunch of new tanks in a factory, just before the Italians took a walk and the Germans confiscated their gear. I tried to copy it, and I'm not sure about the colors. There may have been three colors, but I decided that two were good enough to suit me. I get lazy sometimes. Especially at the end...........

I really got lazy on the trailer and decided to camo it with stained gauze rather than camo paint it. Hey, it's my tank and I can do what I want with it![sm=punching.gif] Besides, according to two Italian gentlemen on two different websites (one in Italy) the Semovente never pulled it's own ammo trailer. They told me that in no uncertain terms. Well slap me with a salami!

This was fun. I thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I don't know what I'll do next. I have 15 unfinished projects, half of which only need paint. I gotta get organized. Someday.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41911.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1453100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30642.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1453101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65210.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1453102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp41267.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1453103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm76685.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1453104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tj74153.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1453105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wy50926.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1453106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vu68771.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1453107  

Old 06-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Flyn Chris

Nice camo paint job.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rex Ross

ORIGINAL: sevoblast

Rex, that is a spectacular display of scratch building talent! Your skill is extraordinary, and I can only envy said skill, as I KNOW I'll never live long enough to acquire that level of ability.
Sev
~~~~~~~~
My stuff is best viewed at a distance. That's why I take low definition photos, from a distance, in poor light. Not being able to zoom in on details is not a mistake. I take shortcuts, employ artistic license, and generally take the easy way out of a problem.

Well I think you are better then you think, but I share your attitutude. IMO it is far better to build something,(even if it is not perfect) then to sweat the details so much you never build anything. You are obviously a skilled modeler, and I don't doubt your above statement was true at some time in your progression, but like everytihg else the more you do the better you get, and from what I see you have done lot and this last effort doesn't need many excuses. Great Job, and again thanks for posting. These kind of posts are inspiring.

Dan
Old 06-15-2010, 09:08 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

"Then it will be time for a 10 foot test drive on the kitchen floor and I'll park it on a shelf with all of my other stuff."

Park it? I would be driving that thing especially at battledays!
I would love to see that in a battle, especially if converted to Battlesystem equiped. Can I rent it for a day?

Put a you-tube of it running and you will have more Italian comments than you know! A really wonderful rendition Rex.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Rex Ross

ORIGINAL: heavyaslead

''Then it will be time for a 10 foot test drive on the kitchen floor and I'll park it on a shelf with all of my other stuff.''

Park it? I would be driving that thing especially at battledays!
I would love to see that in a battle, especially if converted to Battlesystem equiped. Can I rent it for a day?

Put a you-tube of it running and you will have more Italian comments than you know! A really wonderful rendition Rex.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I got an Italian comment...............Slap me with a salami and then shoot me.................I'm not the only one on the block to have one............ I don't even come close! You ain't gonna believe this................Mamma Mia! [sm=what_smile.gif]

http://www.mk-rc-racing.de/mkmilitae...da_75__18.html
Old 06-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow, who would have thought?

I like yours better Rex.

- Jeff
Old 06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Rex Ross

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Wow, who would have thought?

I like yours better Rex.

- Jeff

Thanks, I need all the hugs I can get right now. There are other sites as well as the one I posted (they are in Europe). All of them have incredible R/C Italian AFVs. I'm just glad that I didn't see that in the beginning..........or worse yet, halfway thru my project. Sheeeesh......so much for being the only kid on the block. [sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Someone once told me that's what drives us to perfection ... seeing other's work. I know it has for me, especially this M4A3 I started as a "break" from my Tamiya Panther G build. Now I wish I was back with the Panther. [sm=lol.gif]

I just finished up the periscopes on the turret last night. Now THAT was not fun! [:@]

- Jeff