Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

I NEED HELP! Please :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Baron Fel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED HELP! Please :)

Gentleman,
I need some help. I know that this post may need to be in the boat forms but seeing how it deals with Hen Long R/C electronics I thought I should post it here. I just got the CSSTennessee in 1/48 scale andI'mwanting to R/C in and put a airsoft battery in it. I want to use the HL RX-18 R/C Kit to put in it because it justseemsthe best for the money that I have on hand. Now I have a ok Idea of how to do it but, I want to put it to you guys because I value youradvice. You could point out something that I have not thought of.
Now She has a but load of room. I want to put on airsoft gun on each side of thecase mateand have the left stickcontroleach gun, Right side control themovement. It will have a smoke unit and, if I can find it again the BB battle unit.
Any Help?
Baron
Old 07-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I NEED HELP! Please :)

For starters you would need more than 1 18 board ,a you would not be able fire a (battery) of guns from one board.Then there is the question of how too control 2 boards. 1 controller 1board, 1 board 1 gun. I suppose you could use the machine gun trigger on the transmitter to fire a second airsoft gun.
 are you also planning on using the set up too power the boat also. I'm not sure what you would need for motors but the HL boards wont power anything bigger than a 400 size motor, and that is pushing it. We use them for their fast turns as our gearboxes use a lot of gearing down for the torque needed too give the tank scale speed.. It would be interesting too see someone use this setup for a gun Battery. Could make a nice AAA battery with it, if some one can work out the how's and how nots. I bet Torpedochief could work out something for you. Give him a shout with a PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:39 AM
1sgt

Baron Fel,
It does sound interesting and doable. Hope you keep us informed. I know, like you said it's not a tank, but it does have guns and hopefully will fire, so I would like to hear about it and see some pics.

Thanks Jim
Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Baron Fel

The airsoft guns I have about 99.9% worked out. Is justpropulsionis the thing that is giving me the trouble. Tanks are driven by twomotors, ships by one. just cant get this partworkedout.

Baron
Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Chow_Hound

This project has my interest. Keep us informed, please.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Baron Fel

I will, I'm starting on the gun battery's this week.<link href="chrome-extension://fcdjadjbdihbaodagojiomdljhjhjfho/css/atd.css" media="screen" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"></link><link href="chrome-extension://fcdjadjbdihbaodagojiomdljhjhjfho/css/atd.css" media="screen" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"></link>

Baron
Old 07-14-2010, 03:50 PM
BlackCat_2

Hello
Do I understand correctly
You want an One RX-18 board to manage independently by two airsoftgun
And the guns themselves will not be able to change its direction
And the shooting is left control stick of  transmitter?

In this case, you may  use the output of RX -18 Boards turret rotation
This output is bipolar voltage
If you connect to the output -  two guns through diodes with different polarity
Rotate turret left - will shoot a gun
Rotating turret   right - to shoot another gun

If  still think a little more about the diodes - it can be done so that the shooting (the left stick forward) - would shoot both guns simultaneously.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:58 PM
1sgt

Baron Fel,
Any pics?

Jim
Old 07-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Baron Fel

Good and bad news, bad newsfirst. I cant use the HL RX 18. Its the 2 motorissuethat I cant get past. The good news is that I can use the HL airsoft guns. 1, I have to find out how to wire it and keep from burning the guns up. and 2, I have find a way to feed the guns. any Ides?I'll post the pics when I get home 1sgt. Again, sorry to post this here but there is no one in the ship part of the forms that knows this.

Baron
Old 07-19-2010, 02:53 PM
1sgt

Baron Fel,

I'm glad you posted here, as otherwise I wouldn't have ever come across it. The HL tanks use a feed tray that is mounted in the turret. Perhaps you may be able to come across one from some one who changed over to IR? Good luck and please do continue to post.

Jim