Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Micro - Mark Plastic welder

I had asked this in my panther build page but no one answered so i made a new item from it please reply

anyone use this already, is it as strong as they advertising?
    Keep me posted
    Please give me your opinion thanks guy's

http://www.micromark.com/SAME-STUFF-...L-OZ,9002.html

http://www.micromark.com/SAME-STUFF-...ATOR,9014.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Micro - Mark Plastic welder

this is from the site's advertiment :

Solvent-type cement uses capillary action to weld styrene, acrylic, butyrate and ABS plastic. To apply, place the parts together and then put a drop on the seam. Hold for 15 seconds. In that amount of time, SAME STUFF bonds and starts to cure. This method is far superior to thicker plastic cement which is messy, harder to control and can damage expensive model kits.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jg13983.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	1478354  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Second product :

Solvent-type cement uses capillary action to weld styrene, acrylic, butyrate and ABS plastic. To apply, place the parts together and then put a drop on the seam with the included Touch-N-Flow applicator. Hold for 15 seconds. In that amount of time, SAME STUFF bonds and starts to cure. This method is far superior to thicker plastic cement which is messy, harder to control and can damage expensive model kits. Set includes 4 oz. of SAME STUFF plus the Touch-N-Flow applicator described below.

The Touch-N-Flow Applicator lets you apply just the amount of liquid plastic cement, glue or C/A accelerator you need. How it works: Capillary action draws liquid into the glass tube. Touching the micro-tip to the joint causes the liquid to flow from the tube. Application is easily controlled and precisely positioned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp43738.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	1478355  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rivetcounter do you know this product , heard of it thanks in advance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This stuff works great. I like to paint the stuff on the parts to be glued(bonding surfaces) Let is sit for 10 seconds, and then push the parts together and hold for a few seconds.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks YHR what you think would it be satesfied to use on the superstructure of my jagdtiger, am in search for a gleu wich melds the plastic together would this do the job?
    I have reinforced the superstructure but the gleus i use don't melt it together , i have to be shore i won't come loose when using, the test were satesfied but you never can make it strong enough i think ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Karel, I've never used that but I have and am using these....

This one is formulated exactly as Pro-weld. Micromarks "SameStuff" says it's like proweld, although it doesn't show the composition for comparison....but it's priced exactly like Pro Weld. I'd stick with Pro-weld or any of the two Plastruct brands.....stay away from Plastructs' Weldene, it's only for styrene and the hold isn't that strong.

Need Tamiya 1/35 T72-M1 (model) instruction manual. Please contact me if you either have no use for it or can make a copy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you ever used cement solvent before?
    If you never have, then you need to know that you don't use it the same as cement glue. 
    Need Tamiya 1/35 T72-M1 (model) instruction manual. Please contact me if you either have no use for it or can make a copy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not realy only revell's modelcement, normaly i uses Bison Industial Second gleu, for all my RCTanks it is sayesfied but i think the superstructure coud need a strong gleu melting the plastic parts together for the jagdtiger i try your one, it modelfair in the club this weekend i go see what these guy's sell i think i buy them both plastruck and micro mark if i find them ...

I've used Zapp gleus and Olba second gleu but none of these could compare with the strenght Bison Industriel Supergleu gives, but a melting one would add more strenght to it, the 128mm alu canon weight almost 300gr would need a strong undersurface to hang in , withstand collisions while riding be sure i made it strong

Servoblast what you used for the superstructure of your jagdtiger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep,

This stuff works great. However I would reinforce the seams on the inside. This stuff is also great (with careful use) to make clear plastic display cases.

It comes in a number of brand names. Be sure you do not leave the bottle open too long, as it evaporates in no time.

Don
    D Clayton Meadows
    Author of OF ICE AND STEEL, EPITAPH, TIGER!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like to usecalligraphypens or syringes to apply the solvent.....depending on the seams. I got a bit lazy on my tam Pershing and just used the applicator brush that comes in the bottle. Waste a lot more this way....but using a syringe orcalligraphypen is too time consuming when most of the pieces are so large. Also, a lot of the seams on the kit are near seamless when pressed together, the bonds don't turn out so well so I would have topurposelyallow a micro gap to allow the solvent to flow between the seam and carefully press them together without having any of the soft plasticseepout. Cement solvent is the best, none of that stringy cement strands or waiting forever for parts to hold.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i go buy this weekend, stupid i never thought on this that easy tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

igo to the club now, we gona setup the stand allover the school wouild be not done today but we have until sunday, thanks for the advice guy's see you tomorrow

karel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I didn't have that much luck with it and i have tried, Ambroid pro weld and the plastic weld by plastruct.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CHIEFSONN

I didn't have that much luck with it and i have tried, Ambroid pro weld and the plastic weld by plastruct.
    Hey Chief,
    Were you trying to adhere two different types of plastics? It only works or works best when it's same on same, unlike cement glue. I had questions whether it would work on a HL tank, but when I snapped the back panel of my Tiger I in two (just by taking it off) tried it and it did very well. Of course like any mending job, I still needed to add support over the mend. Also used it to attach the two halves of my Tamiya Pershing together.....kind of wish I hadn't cause now I have to cut into it to get them apart now that I need to add some things after the fact.