Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

MATOMART

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Eggman1965
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MATOMART

I'm a newby but I thought I should give credit where credit is due. I have now ordered both parts and a tank (Sherman m4) from MATOMART and the service has been fast, efficient and courteous. My e-mails were answered quickly and the shooter problem on the Sherman was addressed immediately (not fixed yet but the problem was acknowledged within hours of my first e-mail. I'd like to see them expand their after market and upgrades parts and produce a KING TIGER, PATTON, and T-34. How have your experiences been? Who is the best to deal with in your opinions?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM
bigfiver69

Default RE: MATOMART

I've ordered a HL Tiger 1 from them and two WSN T34s form Matomart.... items arrived quickly and well-packed. Nothing but good things to say about them.

My only wish? That they would allow you to visit the warehouse in North Toronto to buy retail. I've asked, they said 'maybe some day'.... but I would love to just drive up and buy off the shelf. Guess they're not set up for that.

Shep

Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: Eggman1965

I'm a newby but I thought I should give credit where credit is due. I have now ordered both parts and a tank (Sherman m4) from MATOMART and the service has been fast, efficient and courteous. My e-mails were answered quickly and the shooter problem on the Sherman was addressed immediately (not fixed yet but the problem was acknowledged within hours of my first e-mail. I'd like to see them expand their after market and upgrades parts and produce a KING TIGER, PATTON, and T-34. How have your experiences been? Who is the best to deal with in your opinions?
I'd be all over a Patton tank!! Especially any M60 or the M47 for sure!

- Jeff
Old 08-24-2010, 01:02 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which Patton? M-46, 47, 48s and 60s were all Pattons. I have one of only two M-46s, Joel couldn't find anyone to take the masters and produce conversion kits from M-26-46, so a very good oportunity for a great tank went south. I'd love to see an M-47 or an
M-48A3.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:28 PM
googlydoogly

MatoMart is a good place to buy tanks. They ship fast, answers your emails within a day or so, and their prices are competitive.

Other places I recommend you can deal with are ETOARMOUR, WelshDragon, RCTankWars, and the AAF Tank Museum. All are great guys to deal with!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:27 PM
cheap tank

One other thing with these models you realy need to expect to fix something on almost all of them. I have had 15 of them and most had miner problems and a couple that were junk.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
BiggTony

In my opinion, depending on the brand of tank. The best place to purchase your very first tank is from Phil at Rctankwars. Really great place to shop from for a first tank. Easy to deal with, responds to emails really fast and help with troubles along the way. After you have gotten your feet wet and acquired knowledge on this forum, Raidentech is the place I go for my tanks.Sorry, just how it is. Loyalty costs too much,Rctankwars is mainly my parts supply shop or things I can't get elsewhere. For Tamiya, Dave4what is the man to see. Prices are extremely competitive for Tamiya's and he too will answer all your questions and return phone calls.
Haven't purchased any tanks from Mato since it's not cost beneficial to have items shipped from Canada. But I have ordered parts andaccessoriesfrom them with no issues. Shipping just makes them a last resort for me.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:54 PM
cheap tank

Very true Tony with raidentecs prices its almost two for one and usualy get it in a week or so. After all they are all made in the same place.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Yeah, Radentec is cheap for tanks but selling no parts limits their usefulness. 
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM
BiggTony

Actually, they don't advertise it as they aren't a parts and upgrade store. But if you go to their forum, call or email them....if they have it, they'll work something out but they usually don't carry parts unless they have some from returns or what ever. Bought a metal gearbox set from them for $25 bucks, Pershing metal tracks for $40 when it wassupposedlyout of stock, and PIII turret (broken with no airsoft unit ) for $15. Not always the easiest to communicate with them due to broken english, but what ever...I deal with that with overseas sellers.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Pah co chu puk

Good to know. 

Till now all my tanks came from them and parts from RCCommand.  Now I'm getting both from RCTankwars.  Tomorow... who knows.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO and experience, MATO has great service.

They are very helpfull in answering questions that are emailed in, they are onefactor that got me intothis hobby, because they were helpful before I even bought anything.

They are handy for those of us living in Canada, too.

They will be at the Toronto Hobby show this November;

http://www.thehobbyshow.com/.

I expect to buy some "toys" there

Old 08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Pah co chu puk

It would be nice to be able to go buy tank stuff in person.  I live so far from anywhere the internet is my only option.  Mine are the only 1/16 tanks I have ever seen in person.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pah co chu puk

It would be nice to be able to go buy tank stuff in person. I live so far from anywhere the internet is my only option. Mine are the only 1/16 tanks I have ever seen in person.
I'm in that position as well. I have six tanks on display at the local museum. I am hoping that at least that will let people know they are available and out there is you want one.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Pah co chu puk

That's a good idea but our musem is all cowboy and indian stuff.  My local hoby shop ( two towns away ) sells no tank stuff but I've been thinking a photo or two on their message board may generate some interest.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do we really have too do this every month? Is it that dead around here? Somebody build something for crimminny's sake. TONY, get too work.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Pah co chu puk

My new jagdpanther is on the way now.  It will be hours of fun painting, glueing and working out details.

It's not a total scrach build but I hope to do some scratch details.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: Panther G

Do we really have too do this every month? Is it thatdeadaround here? Somebody build something for crimminny's sake. TONY, get too work.
lol!!! I am at work...well home, working and working on my tank and typing. But I agree, things do get a bitredundant. EvenIam getting a bit burnt out with being on the forums so much....who'd have ever guessed?..we can always talk about Leo's! lol
Old 08-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great! lets talk about the LEO's. I love the LEO's get some work done i want pics and everything. And I'll tell you what. I'll strip down my whole HE LEO and do a build post on how the whole mod thing came about and worked if you get some work done on your's. LOL