RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   The Tanker's Lounge (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10602006-tankers-lounge.html)

Perry S. 10-27-2012 01:46 PM

RE: The Tanker's Lounge

1 Attachment(s)
Had to divert funds away from my tanking hobby recently. Almost done with the engine for my car. Dang, this thing makes tanking seem down right cheap.

Perry

yellowshaker 10-27-2012 02:13 PM

Drool......Perry, you are speaking my language, brother! Can you make a video of that thing when it's running?</p>

Perry S. 10-27-2012 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: yellowshaker

Drool......Perry, you are speaking my language, brother! Can you make a video of that thing when it's running?</p>
Will do. Just a few more bits and pieces to go. Here's a few particulars

451 Cubic inches
Forged crank, 10.3:1 SRP forged race pistons 0.055" overbore, Balanced rotating assembly
440 Source Stealth aluminum heads, ported
Performer RPM intake and 750 Edelbrock carb
303 Lunati cam
2500 rpm TCi stall converter

Goin in my 70 Challenger with torqueflite auto and 3:91 suregrip in the back.

I'm stoked. First engine I have built. Should be crazy. Can't be done soon enough.

Perry

<br type="_moz" />

yellowshaker 10-27-2012 06:18 PM

Sounds like a killer combo for a hell of a ride! Very nicely done, my friend...but I agree. That money is a whole lot of Tamiya tanks!:D

Perry S. 10-27-2012 07:20 PM

Sounds like a killer combo for a hell of a ride! Very nicely done, my friend...but I agree. That money is a whole lot of Tamiya tanks!:D
or 60 Heng Longs. Wow, that just dawned on me.

<br type="_moz" />

sevoblast 10-27-2012 08:48 PM

Ahhh, the memories that brings back! 427 high rise, 428 CJ, 429 CJ and Super CJ. Sigh.

Panther F 10-28-2012 02:13 AM

My '77 Rally Sport Camaro, Porsche eating Highway Star. :D The money I spent on THAT! [:o]

Now just having to spend $300 on a new computer makes me cringe. [X(]

Make sure we see some pics! ;)

~ Jeff

Green Amphibian 10-28-2012 03:29 AM

I still have fond memories of my '63 VW bug with a Porsche engine stuck in it. Surprised quite a few "race cars" in town.

Herman

Rex Ross 10-28-2012 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Now just having to spend $300 on a new computer makes me cringe. [X(]

~~~~~~~~~~~

You got a new computer for only $300 ????? [X(]

Were the serial numbers still on it? ;)

Rex

~ Jeff

Panther F 10-28-2012 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Rex Ross

You got a new computer for only $300 ????? [X(]

Were the serial numbers still on it? ;)

Rex

Well, sure. WalMart sells them (Gateway, E-Machines) in the store.

You really need to get out more and get some fresh air man! I think the glue has got a hold of you! :D

~ Jeff

Pah co chu puk 11-02-2012 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just added this to the motor pool. A Kyosho Blizzard SR 1/12 scale snowcat.<div></div><div>It will be used to clear winter trails for my tanks in the snow, as well as a base to scratch build a futuristic winter rescue/recovery vehicle. I plan to add lights to it, as well as a hitch on the back for pulling. The rear deck will have a metal plate added to hold an electric RC winch to operate a crane. The crane will be a simple &ldquo;A&rdquo; frame with a hook set-up to enable it to recover stuck tanks. For now I will build off the existing snowcat body, but in the future I hope to build a more military looking, correct scale, styrene/aluminum body that I can move the crane to. I envision something between the Star Trek space shuttle and a MOWAG Roland APC, but with tracks. It runs off the same batteries as my tanks.</div><div></div><div>Besides the obvious use, plowing the snow off my deck while I sit inside, it will be used to clear and maintain winter roads for tanks, a recovery vehicle for tanks, and it will be able to pull a sled with a target circuit &ldquo;drone&rdquo; for IR target practice. </div><div></div><div>I got it today so I have not tried it out much but it seems to work great. </div><div></div>

yellowshaker 11-02-2012 10:21 PM

There was a site that I found a while ago that sells all kinds of goodies for that thing...expensive, but quite nice.</p>

Rex Ross 11-03-2012 08:07 AM

I watched some of the videos and that gizmo looks like great fun..........I wish it snowed here..........[:o]

It got me thinking about the Sherman I did with a blade up front. Mine was not a functioning blade, it was manually setup or down, not powered. I think I could use their system using a servo somehow to raise and lower the blade. Hmmmm......:).I gotta look into that possibility.

Rex

Rex Ross 11-03-2012 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Google this ....... there's a jillion images of German Bergepanzers ........ many workable body types for your snowcat, and there must be all kinds of photos of US or Russian types out there too.........like the US M88.

http://www.google.com/search?q=berge...w=1120&bih=566

http://www.google.com/search?q=us+ar...w=1120&bih=566

Pah co chu puk 11-06-2012 08:16 AM

Thanks Rex,    I found this...   it is a cool conversion, I thought you would like it.<div>
</div><div>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5z4Pkw8tb8</div><div>
</div><div>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxw4v...feature=relmfu</div>

Rex Ross 11-06-2012 08:40 AM

The "second run" video of that thing running around in the snow is cool..........nothing can stop that gizmo! [X(]

mustclime 11-06-2012 08:53 PM

Soooooo happy I do not have toput on magic underpants for they next 4years......they arevery ichie....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../omg_smile.gif

yellowshaker 11-06-2012 09:11 PM

So disgusted...I have to bend over and drop my pants for the next four years...sigh

BIGMIG 11-06-2012 09:40 PM

My personel thoughts are,"i hope this once great country gets what it deserves"...............:D

BIGMIG:eek:

mustclime 11-07-2012 07:11 AM

I wouldn't worry, the GOP with control of the house will do what they have done for the last 4 years...block everything. With the Dem's only having 51 seats in the Senate and the senate rules on the filibuster, the GOP will filibuster everything like they have for the last 4 years unless Reid steps up and drops the filibuster as a senate rule......If that happens, some things might change but I have little hope.....

nice little vid on this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Uwk...layer_embedded

bowlman 11-08-2012 09:23 AM

What makes you think you would not have had to bend over for Mitt .

yellowshaker 11-08-2012 10:46 AM

Not entirely sure what would have been with Mitt in control, but I do know what we have with this clown. Another 4 years should bring ample misery to all of us.

bowlman 11-08-2012 11:05 AM

so true looking for 2016.

DirtyBird69 11-08-2012 11:43 AM

HERE HERE!

Not entirely sure what would have been with Mitt in control, but I do know what we have with this clown. Another 4 years should bring ample misery to all of us.

ksoc 11-08-2012 12:38 PM

the GOP will filibuster everything like they have for the last 4 years
Call BS on that...... the Dems had filibuster proof majority (60 seats) and in the Senate AND control of the house (Pelosi) for the first two years?!?

Anything that Obama could not pass in those first two years was because DEMS would not vote for it. It was a nation-wide revulsion to all that was done by the democratic congress that lead to the Reps taking over the house and breaking the Dems stranglehold of the Senate.

I guess if you can't remember back that far it might explain that voted for O a second time. 2008 is understandable, the man had no record. Voting for him again in 2012 was indefensible.

What has this guy done to prove he can lead? When has he brought together people and forged a compromise? Healthcare was rammed though on party lines - (corn husker kickback etc...). When he had a chance to lead on the debt, he could not follow the recommendations of his own debt commission. The budgets he submitted for the last three years could not even muster an significant democratic support. Fast and Furious - executive privilege. Benghazi, we will get back to you after the election......

He seems like a decent guy, nice father, but that doesn't qualify you to be president. Just ask Jimmy Carter.