RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Cheap Tank info (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10950164-cheap-tank-info.html)

DirtyBird69 02-10-2012 11:56 AM

RE: Cheap Tank info

I'll keep it simple as this dam site keeps crashing everytime I try to download anything..(Pantiger + cordless shop vac). The Panther(pantiger) is an early version of the heng long Panther is a joke and nobody wants them(which is whyHeng Longhad to redesign it and make the Panther G which is out now)so they are cheap and easy to find.Trash the upper hull(good riddance) and figure out away to install the vac(strip it to the bare minimums), like building a platform for it to sit on that mounts to the lower chassis(make sure to eliminate anything that isn't absolutely necessary), then mount the suction adpater to the front of the chassis.You'll need to give itall theupgrades to handle the stress(metal everything/3:1's/480 motors/5000mah NIMH's). Itmight take some fiddeling andyou might need two tanks to make it work,but I think itmight be do-able.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...3H6SQxhS388f9Hhttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Y-lYDZA5Ji_vEQ

ORIGINAL: hoss81

Hi,

I'm considering trying to acquire a very cheap tank that I can use to go around picking up trash/ cigarette butts etc. I was curious if you guys had any suggestions for an inexpensive tank that would be easy to add parts to. One consideration would be that I would like the tank to be able to support the weight of a small 12 Volt battery (~=5 Ah ish).

Thanks for any help!

rivetcounter 02-10-2012 12:17 PM

Chaps this post was meant as a wind up by some sad individual that never leaves the house, I really don’t know why you are wasting time with this post nothing will ever come of the advice given.

DirtyBird69 02-10-2012 12:21 PM

I'm sure your right but the initial question gotthe wheels turningin my head lol...

Green Amphibian 02-10-2012 04:40 PM

Ya, I knew I smelt something burning!

briz 02-10-2012 05:15 PM

I noticed that "hoss81" has "left the building" ....so to speak.......seems to have been his "first" post....and caused all that heartache......yikes!:eek:

DirtyBird69 02-10-2012 05:41 PM

aaah, that's ok, at least now we all knowwho the "flys inthe ointment" are..

Tanque 02-10-2012 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

Chaps this post was meant as a wind up by some sad individual that never leaves the house, I really don’t know why you are wasting time with this post nothing will ever come of the advice given.
Riv, that's why my reply was a bogus suggestion.... I mean it could work but a poser what never be able to follow through. It's cheap to throw
a few loosely coupled sentences together. I did it while my Angry Birds game was initializing on Chrome...

jerry

Captain Action 02-10-2012 07:42 PM

DirtyBird needs a hobby .....PanTiger Junk.... bah ..see you on the battle feild bird, see who gets taken out by JUNK...:D

sevoblast 02-10-2012 10:59 PM

Geeeezz, and I was seriously trying to help the guy. Oh well.

DirtyBird69 02-11-2012 12:11 AM

Dude I'll meet you on the battlefield with my M41,Jagdpanther,M26 take your pick and I'll give you a real game....and I ain't talkin about thatIR stuff...I'm talkin paintballs! As far as drivetrain and straight up warfare I have no problem with the PanTiger, but like everybody else I agree it's so outta whack from a scale perspective, I nor 90% of the sane modelers out there would even considerbuying it(which they haven't lol). I get enough guff for being an M41 fanatic I can't imagine the humiliation you must feel lol...http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ssed_smile.gif. I wonder if a Tiger upper half would fit on a Pantiger chassis?

ORIGINAL: Captain Action

DirtyBird needs a hobby .....PanTiger Junk.... bah ..see you on the battle feild bird, see who gets taken out by JUNK...:D

rivetcounter 02-11-2012 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Tanque

Riv, that's why my reply was a bogus suggestion.... I mean it could work but a poser what never be able to follow through. It's cheap to throw
a few loosely coupled sentences together. I did it while my Angry Birds game was initializing on Chrome...

jerry

Jerry, I hope no one thinks that this was me one bored night I could never do that.

Turbobearcat 02-11-2012 05:35 AM

Who cares....I read too many wasted post just now.... Now to answer that guy's question is the answer is NO.

There tanks don't support it...your better off building your own device to do the jobs you described.

Mark.

Tanque 02-11-2012 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Tanque

jerry

Jerry, I hope no one thinks that this was me one bored night I could never do that.

In reality I'm not that devious, I assume everyone posting is legitimate but when I read that the original
post(er) was questioned I played along. It's a form of pack behavior I suppose, ugh.

Although I still believe one could vac- robot thing if one really wanted . The obvious solution of course would be to just get a Roomba and be done with it.

I should know better than even join in on these sorts of things, I'll claim ice cream starvation as the
root cause of my lapse in judgement. Apologies to everyone.

Jerry

HondoBob 02-11-2012 09:23 AM

Hi,

I'm considering trying to acquire a very cheap tank that I can use to go around picking up trash/ cigarette butts etc. I was curious if you guys had any suggestions for an inexpensive tank that would be easy to add parts to. One consideration would be that I would like the tank to be able to support the weight of a small 12 Volt battery (~=5 Ah ish).

Thanks for any help!

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Out here in the Great American Southwest we&rsquo;ve already solved this problem: convicts in jail uniforms guarded by deputy sheriffs packing 12 guage Remington 870 shotguns with extended tube magazines loaded with buckshot.They don&rsquo;t dare try to escape because everyone here is also armed to the teeth (it's a Western thing you might not understand).Consequently they are highly motivated to: 1) do a good job picking up every scrap of roadside debris as part of paying their debt to society, and 2) never break the law in our jurisdiction ever again.Our motto should be &ldquo;survivors go to jail&rdquo;. I'm sure the prisoners would have no problem also carrying a small 12 Volt battery, but that's usually only necessary if they require a shock beltto keep them under control. Of course, such malcontents would never be permitted out on a "merit detail" like roadside beautification, so that point is moot.</div>

DirtyBird69 02-12-2012 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's how we take out our trash:

ORIGINAL: HondoBob

Hi,

Thanks for any help!

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Out here in the Great American Southwest we&rsquo;ve already solved this problem: convicts in jail uniforms guarded by deputy sheriffs packing 12 guage Remington 870 shotguns with extended tube magazines loaded with buckshot.They don&rsquo;t dare try to escape because everyone here is also armed to the teeth (it's a Western thing you might not understand).Consequently they are highly motivated to: 1) do a good job picking up every scrap of roadside debris as part of paying their debt to society, and 2) never break the law in our jurisdiction ever again.Our motto should be &ldquo;survivors go to jail&rdquo;. I'm sure the prisoners would have no problem also carrying a small 12 Volt battery, but that's usually only necessary if they require a shock beltto keep them under control. Of course, such malcontents would never be permitted out on a "merit detail" like roadside beautification, so that point is moot.</div>

BIGMIG 02-12-2012 01:56 PM

Nice job guy's........Wonder why he didn't reply after being made to feel so welcome to this fine RCU forum.?

BIGMIG :eek:

Pzjgr 02-12-2012 04:17 PM

Absolutely right Bigmig, first response to him was "GET THE **** OUT"

My point is we should be encouraging people visiting this forum for the first time, they might become interested in our hobby and enjoy it as mush as we do.

Rebellion13 02-12-2012 04:24 PM

I thought this debate was to be let go? And actually the original poster signed up, posted, but never logged in after that, I don't think they even read the response.

Pzjgr 02-12-2012 04:31 PM

Just wondering how can you be so sure he did not check back? And yes I will let it die but I want people to be aware what they say to new people coming on the forums....and that includes off the wall questions.

DirtyBird69 02-12-2012 05:12 PM

lol...I was fully aware of what I posted and STILL think it was funny, and anyone with a sense of humor would see it in a second!(and so do the ton of members PM'ing me telling me how funny they thought it was and to keep it up)!....And to be honest I would rather people thatclog other forums with "nonsense"threads go away...so they might get a little friendlyhazing from the veterans(oooooh,like that's so terrible)...be a man,laugh about it andtake the joke, then maybe fire a couple back and earn some repsect...that's life baby! This forum is ratherfocused in it's topics which is why it's probably one of the better ones. If you think I'm a jerk for it then so be it, but there are a lot more members that are also "jerks" then you might imagine lol(your outnumbered that's for certain).... sothe couple of membershave had a chance to pound their little morality bibles for us all to hear, now let it the "F" go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D.A.M. lol.....[&amp;:]

"What could make peoplelike mepost such terrible things? Could it be...."

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...G7TH3C5dae71zH

Rebellion13 02-12-2012 05:35 PM

Now that is actually distasteful DB, just kidding that was funny. Isn't that special

tapkoote 02-12-2012 05:42 PM

Pzjgr
He did check in an hour after he posted
tap

Pzjgr 02-12-2012 05:51 PM

Then he did see Dirty's post. I'll let it go but I hope others won't follow Dirty's example when responding to new forum members.

Rebellion13 02-12-2012 05:53 PM

Well there you have it, now if that was me, I would have thought that this forum was full of clowns, but that is just me. I find humor when I see people fall ( is that wrong) lol. But anyway, every person is entitled to their opinion and I respect that.

Rebellion13 02-12-2012 05:58 PM

Pzjgr I do agree with what you said about having new members feel welcome. This is a great niche in rc. I have to admit though that I did find it funny, especially if you have seen entourage.