RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   And Yet ANOTHER Sherman release?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10986538-yet-another-sherman-release.html)

DirtyBird69 03-04-2012 05:25 PM

And Yet ANOTHER Sherman release??

This is rediculous...and these Shermansjust get worse the more they release em..http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/angry.gif

http://www.awesomehobbies.com.au/sho.../sherman_1.jpg

Panther F 03-04-2012 05:33 PM

RE: And Yet ANOTHER Sherman release??

THAT looks terrible! [:'(]

~ Jeff

Rebellion13 03-04-2012 05:35 PM

And it can be yours for $374.00 with "all the usual great standard features", or $375.00 for the "IR" version

Cheers,
Wade

Rebellion13 03-04-2012 05:39 PM

Although, if the bogies are to scale and work, might be a cost alternative on the mato instead of the metal bogies. I was really looking forward to HL's release of a Sherman, and now I am thoroughly disappointed.[&o]

Cheers,
Wade

DirtyBird69 03-04-2012 05:42 PM

HL was really starting to make some moves against Tamiya....this is definitely a step (or two) backwards...I don't care if it is 2.4 GZ..all that means is its a POS with a 2.4ghz radio installed! [:'(]

lol..the orange crates are a nice touch...

Rebellion13 03-04-2012 05:45 PM

Ok I just checked something, I think that is a picture of their 1/30 Sherman, and they just added "1/16 2.4ghz" to the picture. Hopefully-fingers crossed.

lol..the orange crates are a nice touch... the Navy gave them those, for their Naval Oranges lol

DirtyBird69 03-04-2012 05:50 PM

I hope so..It does look like a smaller scale..maybe its a goof....seems weird if Mato is already making the Sherman and Mato/HL are somehow the same?

Strato50 03-04-2012 05:58 PM

That has to be an early stage prototype, the Pantiger had more scale lines.. ><

Rebellion13 03-04-2012 06:09 PM

I went on HL's website, and that HAS to be the 1/30 pic. Looks exactly the same.

pattoncommander 03-04-2012 07:16 PM

Now that REALLY sucks[:'(]...what are these people thinking[X(] The gun, tracks, idler, nothing is right. Guess HL is going back into toy mode with their designers that have never seen a real tank do anything they want.

YHR 03-04-2012 07:34 PM

Edit note.

I am making changes to this comment, as since I have made it I have been in discussion with Awesome hobbies and now know who they are. They have corrected their mistakes and my comments are irrelevent now.

An honest mistake, that has been corrected. End of Story

HAL_HUSKER 03-04-2012 08:55 PM

it is a picture of 1/30 scale for sure...
We have a lot of them here for 50 usd each (may be a little more)...

herrmill 03-04-2012 09:08 PM

Oh man, that is HOT! NOT!!

Think I'll save my coins for something more authentic like this.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...rmill/tank.jpg

calvinlo 03-04-2012 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: YHR

What is with this Awesome hobbies.???

I just checked out the ''Benedini'' page What are they showcasing??. My Sherman with Maybach sounds I put in it that I designed myself. Hmmm . I wonder how he is going to deliver those to his customers.[:'(]

All those Heng Long promo shots are 1/30 scale models, so they are inaccurate representations as well. Not sure about you guys but I have to question the ethics behind this store. Kind of doing a disservice to Heng Long. I imagine Heng Long wouldn't be too happy to find out someone is misrepresenting them with a 1/30 scale toy. If they are coming out with a new tank, crap like this can really hurt them with bad press. Already there have been negative comments about Heng Long because of it.

I want to be perfectly clear, the Battle Armor Video production was used without my permission, and I have no connection to this store. I can assure you now that the sound files you hear being played will never be available through Awesome hobbies.
There's more. Just look at the page where Awesome hobbies sells their Matorro Jagdtiger, and you will see a video of a Tamiya King tiger. And I'm sure whoever really posted that video is not aware that Awesome Hobbies is using it. Seems very misleading. This is why I hesitate to buy anything from this shop till now.

B/Man 03-04-2012 11:43 PM

Awesome Hobbies has a long history of misrepresenting products with incorrect photos and advertising products they don't have. I believe the prototype jagpanther thing was advertised as a Heng Long release and there was a major issue with non-existent cheap Tamiya kits a while back that I won't go into here.

They do have some cool stuff on their site but I would be very cautious about buying from them and wouldn't trust any pictures on their website as being correct.

Valfader 03-05-2012 12:22 AM

Now the Sherman picture have some more text in it at theawesomehobbies site.

"until we have the finished pictures this is a picture of the 1/30 model that is being upsized to 1/16 with 2.4g"

Panther F 03-05-2012 02:15 AM

Ugh, copy from a POS and all it's inaccuracies. :D

~ Jeff

YHR 03-05-2012 04:28 AM

I have been in contact with them, and they have pulled my video and I suggested they added some text around those Heng Long photos, as they are misleading to potential customers . I have no inside info, but I am sure if Heng Long produced a Sherman it would have a more scale appearance then their 1/30 attempt.

They responded quickly and professionally with an apology.

IF in fact Heng Long is making a Sherman, I anxiously await it's release.

Airbrushler 03-05-2012 05:03 AM

are these the same people that promised a tamiya Panzer IV for $399.99 or something and couldn't deliver???
i wouldn't trust them if my life depended on it if this is the case

AFV432 03-05-2012 07:55 AM

personally id rather trust "Arthur Daley" or "Delboy Trotter" to buy a tank from than that lot http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/50_50.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMq0l...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujSMlrJR3AU

sevoblast 03-05-2012 12:50 PM

Yes.

STO_118 03-05-2012 01:06 PM

I've emailed Heng Long to see what is going on.

The Chinese companies have a rather "unique"*  way of releasing product information.

<font size="2">By unique I mean sometimes haphazard and potentially damaging. </font>
<br type="_moz"/>

DirtyBird69 03-05-2012 11:22 PM

Well I have to be honest, I secretly took the plunge with Awesome Hobbies Australia and purchased one of their custom tanks last week..was hoping to surprise everybody with it. As I'm not really sure about anything they have done in the past, and heard no solid evidence to the contrary I said what the hell and made an order! The owner(Warwick) actually talked to me on the phone(all the way from Australia) for quite a while(almost an hour) and answered all of my questions and was very helpful(seems like a really nice guy). Nobody really seems to have any real experience with him over here,(seems like a lot of "another guy said") rumors going around. I'll keep you all posted as I should have my tank by the end of the week..if I get burned I'll let you know that to. I say Lets hold off on our judgment and at least give the guy chance....

STO_118 03-06-2012 12:14 AM

I think quite a few people took him up on the offer of the Tamiya tanks and were disappointed. I can fully understand why he did it and there was nothing wrong with his methods but he should have been up front that the items were essentially on special order and subject to change.

Regarding the new Heng Long tanks (Sherman/Leopard), I can confirm they are going to be releasing them but both tanks are nothing more than paper panzers at the moment. They have not even sent to the factory for an initial sample yet. Any information about a release was a little premature.

(According to Heng Long 06/03/2012)<br type="_moz"/>

YHR 03-06-2012 04:26 AM

I have also been in contact with the owner, and as I mentioned earlier he was apologetic, and responsive to my wishes.

A mistake was made and he corrected it to my satisfaction. My original statement on this thread was "Who is Awesome hobbies" well now I know, and I am satisfied he corrected his mistake. Actually in hindsight I wish I had emailed him first, but was a little steamed at the time of discovery.

Cheers

Panther F 03-06-2012 04:46 AM

So what did ya buy? Come on, out with it! :D I once emailed them (Warwick) with a question and it was a pleasant experience. I think sometimes it's not who you are but who you have working for you (and with you) that can be problematic.

Trust me, I know. [:o]

~ Jeff

DirtyBird69 03-06-2012 10:57 AM

I ordered a Panther II, but I am starting to have problems. Warwick cut me a really good deal on the tank, that I just couldn't say no to(I was sitting on the fence for a while about it). Anyways without telling me,and tosave cost(cuz he cut me a deal)he shipped it via Australia post frieght that does not offer active tracking(he says it shipped out Feb. 28th)....well after 4 days and the tracking number still coming up blankon his website, I contacted Australia Post directly....andthey emailed me back and said that they had no record of that tracking number at alland that I should contact the shipper! So now I start thinking hmmmm W.T.F. is going on. I email Warwick and ask him what's up and he tells me that he can check things from his end and he sees that it isin U.S. customs...ok great..I askedto see something that showed that...no response....I ask again...no response...so last nightI file a "case" with pay-pal, not a "claim" just a "case" so that I could put concerns on recordand that I was just protecting my butt if things got worse. At this point Warwick loses the plot and immediately starts slamming me with angry emails and giving me a second tracking number saying that he shipped it via Express and that number wouldn't be active for 48 hours(which means it didn't go out on the 28th). He then beganthreatening to "turn my package around and refund my money", as he wasn't going to allow me to hurt his buisiness or reputation.....I sent several emails explaining my side and saying that I only said nice things about him on the pay-pal case(which I did)but that I was only concerned about having no tracking/shipping info of any kind, and that was it. Well he just refuses to hearmy side of things....as of todayhe still hasn't refunded my money like he"threatend" he was going to do first thing in the morning lol. He even threatened to escalate the case against ME...the buyer whopaid! Can you believe that nonsense?Well we'll see in 48 hours if the new tracking number actually works,then we'll see whenit was actually shipped and all the other details..But already dates and locations have yet to match up. Warwick seems like a great guy on the phone and I wouldn't say not to order from him(yet), but if you do IHIGHLY suggest you make sure he ships via a trackable method(UPS/FEDEX/Etc.). Another thing that gave me weird "vibes" is that when I talked to him on the phone he was just a regular guy and very pleasant to chat with, but the Warwick that emails me writes in kind of choppy english with odd conjugation and what not...completely different from the guyI talked to on the phone.All these little things have been just setting off warningtingles up the back of my neck(and my neck is usually right)....but that's the situation I'm in right now. :eek:

B/Man 03-06-2012 11:20 AM

I've dealt with Warwick in the past and been burned in a similar way as has a friend of mine. It sounds.ike you are getting the full Awesome Hobbies experience. :D

Sure he's a nice guy and may have the best intentions but his business sense sucks.

DirtyBird69 03-06-2012 11:30 AM

I know it's so weird...he's such a nice guy, but sometimes things justdon't add up. He's acting like I'm mad that the tank isn't sitting on my doorstep7 days later...that's not it at all. But ifI can't even get confirmation from the actualcarrier that it's been shipped I'm not gonna sit on my butt for 3 weeks wondering where it is. After dealing on eBay and pay-pal for the last decade I've learned a few things..and the number one thing is to ALWAYSget a shipping confirmation! You don't get that within a couple days of when it's supposedly "shipped out", you better start asking questions!I find it ironic that as soon as I file a case he has a NEW tracking number for melol...he'd be better off to just be honest and say "my truck broke down", whatever...something like that. but he should also make it clear to thebuyer of the shipping method and tracking availability..I don't know about you guys, but I like tracking numbers on EVERYTHING! That's going to be a problem for him with pay-pal as they want active tracking numbers...

Panther F 03-06-2012 11:59 AM

Oh, MAN!!! [:@]

~ Jeff

TigerTankMan 03-06-2012 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

as he wasn't going to allow me to hurt his buisiness or reputation.....
Ithink he has done enough of that himself.

Iordered one of those "Bargain" Tamiya tanks last year and he was handing out bogus tracking numbers for items he never shipped.
Iended up getting my refund after a little over 2 months. Some waited longer.

Ithought perhaps he would learn from that nasty experience.

Keep your head up for now though - your tank is still in the Australia Post window of delivery which is something like 7-10 business days.

Keep us posted!

DirtyBird69 03-06-2012 03:40 PM

will do thanks......

Panther F 03-06-2012 04:27 PM

Thanks for the experiment, sort of like a guinea pig.

Now we all know. [:o] But I do hope you get that tank ... it's the Jagdpanther II, right? I thought of working one of those up but I just have waaaaayy too much crap to work on right now.

Plus I cannot seem to finish the Panther build. A tank I've wanted forever, so why do I need to get more? :D

~ Jeff

DirtyBird69 03-06-2012 05:10 PM

no sweat, it's worth the risk. He said the package has been upgraded to international express post, so i would assume that's even quicker the the standard 7-10 delivery time. And if I end up being screwed pay-pal will have my back..guess we'll just have to wait and see. He did say in an email he ships a ton of stuff to the USA, and thisbeing a fairly small hobbyhere in the USA, and I knowonly one guy who got something from him...everybody else just doesn't prefer to do buisiness with him...so that's gotta tell you something..

herlihy22 03-07-2012 01:40 AM

DirtyBird, you do understand that Awesome Hobbies is in Austrailia right?? Tracked shipping of a tank to the states is very expensive even if it is air mailed. The lowest airmail would probably be about 70 dollars or more. To get that deal you were talking about, it sounds like he sent it freight which is by sea and has no tracking and can take up to a month to arrive. This is why I havent shopped there before. he has cool stuff and is gifted modeller but it is expensive to buy from him when you add in the shipping. The only way to get a reasonable shipping cost is to by something small or take freight which is very slow and has tracing. He is probably mad because it sounds like to save money you agreed to cheap freight shipping and now because it didnt arrive in 4 days you put in a complaint to paypal. Dude, it will take a month for it to arrive if he sent it freight. he probably should have informed you of that though. You still have lee way. You have 45 days to put in a case to paypal to get your money back. I would wait 40 days and if it never arrives, make a complaint get your money.

B/Man 03-07-2012 02:17 AM

He doesn't have a great name here in Australia either and as you can imagine the hobby is even smaller here. From your experience it appears Warwick has learnt nothing from his past issues.

TigerTankMan 03-07-2012 02:34 AM

Just to get back on topic though - i wonder if they do actually make these tanks and Heng Long go to 2.4ghz then what new electrics will we see?
Could they use the RX18 or would it be a whole new system?
</p>

YHR 03-07-2012 05:02 AM

The claim of new electronics has got my attention.

DirtyBird69 03-07-2012 10:16 AM

Of course I know that...and if you read my earlier post you would see that I wasn't concerned about "when" it arrived, just that the tracking info he gave me didn't work. Also(and the most important thing), he said that when he shipped it, it would take 7-10 days! HeNEVER mentionedusing a cheaper shippingmethodor elseI would have made it clear I wantupdated tracking(I assumed it would just be the usual UPS/FEDEX/etc),and if notand I would have been willing to pay extra for that. I never agreed to cheaper freight..he did that on his own. I might have agreed if he'd brought up the topic and told me the pros and con's...but he didn't. And Like I told him all I did was file a "case" I haven't escalated it to a claim or anything like that(I even said nice things about him in the case lol).I will only do that if I don't seethe tankin the next week or so.....but even the gal at Pay-Pal said he should have used an updatedtrackingshipper as that's the only proof pay-pal will accept..(just FYI)

ORIGINAL: herlihy22

DirtyBird, you do understand that Awesome Hobbies is in Austrailia right?? Tracked shipping of a tank to the states is very expensive even if it is air mailed. The lowest airmail would probably be about 70 dollars or more. To get that deal you were talking about, it sounds like he sent it freight which is by sea and has no tracking and can take up to a month to arrive. This is why I havent shopped there before. he has cool stuff and is gifted modeller but it is expensive to buy from him when you add in the shipping. The only way to get a reasonable shipping cost is to by something small or take freight which is very slow and has tracing. He is probably mad because it sounds like to save money you agreed to cheap freight shipping and now because it didnt arrive in 4 days you put in a complaint to paypal. Dude, it will take a month for it to arrive if he sent it freight. he probably should have informed you of that though. You still have lee way. You have 45 days to put in a case to paypal to get your money back. I would wait 40 days and if it never arrives, make a complaint get your money.

MrQweeksdraw 03-12-2012 09:39 AM

I'd just like to see a Sherman that's 1) In Stock, and 2) Doesn't cost 800 bucks!