RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   In Memory of Phil Pflueger (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11242026-memory-phil-pflueger.html)

Panzerpaul 10-01-2012 01:43 PM

RE: In Memory of Phil Pflueger

The members of FRAG also wish to express our condolences to Phil's family. A number of us dealt with him and his friendship and honesty as a supplier will be missed. He was truly an example of what a great RC tanker and friend could be. We all will miss you Phil.

131 10-01-2012 02:44 PM

i cant beleive it, i knew him for about a year now through email, but never met him in person, i had recently bought a tiger upper hull, so i guess that explains why it never came,
rest in peice Phil, you will be missed

Pah co chu puk 10-01-2012 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<div>Phil helped me to set up my Panther G for IR battle with FRAG. It was my first club battle and I loved it. I could not have made it over to the battle if he had not coached me through the installation and answered my questions. I owe that fun day all to Phil.

</div><div>I remember one time that Phil made me smile was back when I was upgrading my HL Jagdpanther. </div><div></div><div>When I ordered from him I would always send him a money order along with a picture of the tank the parts were for, printed on a page that had my address and a list of what I was ordering. I did this so he would have a clear idea of what the parts I ordered were going to be installed in. It was sort of a home made order form.</div><div></div><div>So several weeks after one of my orders from him has arrived and been installed, I get an e-mail from Phil. He tells me that he was cleaning up his shop and found the picture I sent with my last order and he was so impressed with the paint job that he wanted to drop me a line and tell me how much he liked it. I responded with a big thank you and spent the rest of the day happy that a tanker buddy liked my tank. It made me smile.</div><div></div><div>That was about the time I made up a box for the tank shop that I called the &ldquo; Saving up money for my next order with Phil box&ldquo;. </div><div></div>

sturmgescheutz 10-02-2012 10:28 AM

<span id="result_box" lang="en"><span class="hps">Hello</span> <span class="hps">armor</span> <span class="hps">driver</span><span>,</span>

<span class="hps">in memory of</span> <span class="hps">Phil</span><span>, I</span> <span class="hps">posted something</span> <span class="hps">in a</span> <span class="hps">German tank</span> <span class="hps">forum</span><span>.

http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com...c22#post304665

</span></span><span id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps">I</span><span>'m sure</span> <span class="hps">Phil</span> <span class="hps">is with us.

Guido<br type="_moz"/></span></span>

yellowshaker 10-02-2012 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picturre of Phil in Danville.He loved battling there and was hoping to have the chance to return...

Thanks Mike for sharing this picture with me.

thecommander 10-03-2012 04:49 AM

ORIGINAL: sturmgescheutz

<span id=''result_box'' lang=''en''><span class=''hps''>Hello</span> <span class=''hps''>armor</span> <span class=''hps''>driver</span><span>,</span>

<span class=''hps''>in memory of</span> <span class=''hps''>Phil</span><span>, I</span> <span class=''hps''>posted something</span> <span class=''hps''>in a</span> <span class=''hps''>German tank</span> <span class=''hps''>forum</span><span>.

http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com...c22#post304665

</span></span><span id=''result_box'' class=''short_text'' lang=''en''><span class=''hps''>I</span><span>'m sure</span> <span class=''hps''>Phil</span> <span class=''hps''>is with us.

Guido<br type=''_moz''/></span></span>
Lieber Sturmgescheutz,

Vielen Dank, Es war wunderbar und Herzlichen.

Tshcuss, Bob

Harvey S 10-04-2012 07:26 PM

Those of us in Phil's Escondido group miss him terribly. He organized a number of battles in the Kate Sessions park there, that a core group of us attended.He was so generous with his time,sokind to newbies, so infectious in his enthusiasm and deepin his knowledge - he was one of a kind and the center of our RCtank universe. My 9 year old sonreally looked up to him and Phil took a special shine to him. Iwas gettingsome figures painted and tanks ready for an upcoming battle and was so looking forwards to showing him to Phil when I heard he'd passed. Phil, I'm so glad I got to know you, and Milo and Imiss you terribly. Rest in peace, Man. Harvey&amp; Milo

pit_tanks 10-06-2012 04:44 PM

It was August 15 when Phil and I emailed. He told me thru his email that his health was NOT GOOD lately, and did forgot about my parts, and try get it out in the next few days.......... I told him... Sorry to hear that, just do send those when you are well and ok....
put my address then I said Get well soon Phil !!!!
But, I didnt know it was that seroius............. 

I still have my Pantjher G disassembled and planning to do the painting next year 2013.......... As I type this I remember our conversation over the phone and emails...... My Tiger 1, KV-1 and Jagd was from Phil too.....

RIP Phil........ 

pit </p>

pit_tanks 10-08-2012 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my Tiger 1 and Jagd from Phil.....

Thank you everyone,
hope you'll like it,
just started the hobby this year...

pit

torpedochief 10-12-2012 07:31 PM

It is rare indeed when a man has done such wonderful things in life that he mourned greatly by many who have never met him. We who have and the richer for it. Phil was a shinning wonderful person not only in this hobby but in life.

Many of you know he would sent us whatever we needed, from EL-mod to a track pin. Phil is a role model for this hobby and life. I never heard him speak ill of anyone.

You will not be missed because of all you have done for us; we all carry some of you with us. A kind word, a package in the mail, a phone call when you are very busy, advise and caring. So you are here with us still. Oh it will not be the same around here, but you are not gone.

"Good and Noble Sailor your watch is over. We, your Friends have the watch. Kind soul now rest your oars"

Don

bullyhys 10-12-2012 07:40 PM

Well put Torpedochief,

Well put indeed, was and is a good friend.

Regards,

bullyhys

streetsquid 10-12-2012 08:31 PM

Well written indeed Chief,
As so many have written here, it is hard to put into words how much Phil meant to this community and how much he impacted this hobby. Through his knowledge, experience, generous demeanor and unselfish giving of himself he has touched and enriched the lives of so many that he came into contact with, including me. I am greatful for the time I got to spend with him, and looking back at pics of he and I together on the DAK and SCAT battlefields, I can't help but smile

Phil was something different, a big man with a big heart, and no matter how busy he was or how crappy he felt he always made time for others. I've read every single posting on this thread, because is some strange way it makes me feel better to know that he was loved and respected by so many.

His life was definitely cut too short and we have all lost something bigger than an outstanding RC vendor and resource. Phil was a stand-up guy, a tanker's tanker, a friend to most and one hell of a good man! He will be missed, he is missed, and his passing has left a void that will be felt by many for a long time, but that in itself, is just another testament to how amazing he was, while he was still here in our presence.

The RC tank world, the whole world for that matter is a little darker place without you in it Phil!

Godspeed and rest in peace brother!

Craig (Streetsquid)
XO - DAK (Desert Armor Korps)

HAL_HUSKER 10-19-2012 08:05 AM

Have JUSTreceived the last package from Phil...

RIP...

Soulfly3 10-23-2012 10:48 AM

Wow....I been and out of the forums since my divorce...Sorry for the late reaction...but Phil was a good friend and thanks to him I got into the hobbie. My family and friends will also remember him. He did an awesome Tank Party for my son's B-day party.

I'm speechless.

God bless you Phil!!

See you on the other side!![img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps83261d38.jpg[/img]

paindoc 12-03-2012 09:50 PM

Dang, this is really quite tragic. I remember a while ago hearing he was sick, and feeling bad because I had emailed him about a possible order. I got a reply back anyways, but he said he was very sick and not going to be working for a while. Even then, he still seemed very kind and quickly responded. I feel quite bad to be honest, but no point punching myself over it.<div>
</div><div>My condolences to his family, he was a huge part of this forum and its activities and will be missed</div>

thecommander 12-04-2012 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pray for them....the first Christmas is the hardest time of all.

Devildog0341Va 12-14-2012 03:06 AM

I dont even know where to begin, RIP my friend and prayers to your family. Just to chocked up now to write anymore

Semper Fi

EOT 12-15-2012 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well for me it's been over a couple of months and the shock has worn off but the loss is still there. I don't think the hole Phil left will be filled.
Joe you wanted pics here of phil and tanks so here goes. A couple of shots of him on his only trip to Danville in 2011, one with Willy and Sunday afternoon when we were all tired. Two of the Mato Sherman I bought from him, the second pic says it all. This is one tank I'll never part with. The last ones are of the tribute paper panzer I just finished, the thread will be buried soon enough but these pics will be on page one in the forum.

Brother Phil I miss you

Mike EOT

thecommander 12-25-2012 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gone but not forgotten, Phil...Merry Christmas pal.

MassiveOverkill 02-01-2013 05:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear this news.  I just recently got into the RC business selling quadcopters and wanted to see if I could get a lead on some parts from Phil.  I've been away from my tanks for awhile and went to check his website and found it was down.  My condolences to Phil's family and all this friends.  He was a good guy and it's good to see so many fond memories of him. 

HAL_HUSKER 02-08-2013 08:45 AM

To the memory of Phil...

http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/u...90/Av68398.jpg

yellowshaker 04-02-2013 05:31 AM

Hal, that is a beautiful memorial for our fallen brother. I know he is smiling on us...

Buckeye36 04-02-2013 09:37 AM

Well done Hal.

HAL_HUSKER 04-04-2013 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Buckeye36

Well done Hal.
Cannot forget Him, remeber all the time...
At Hobby Expo 2013 we will dedicate an event to pay Phil's memory.
His RCTW tb-system is still known (and will be known) here as RCTW(DBC-1), that is another memorial to him.

HAL_HUSKER 05-12-2013 09:21 AM

i think this is being needed...

http://tank-battle.ucoz.ru/my_tanks_...etzkrieg65.jpg