RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   In Memory of Phil Pflueger (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11242026-memory-phil-pflueger.html)

yellowshaker 09-26-2012 03:25 PM

In Memory of Phil Pflueger

1 Attachment(s)
Guys, as all of you know, I received the terrible news this afternoon that we have lost a friend, a brother, and a vendor in the rc tank community. Phil was a great friend of mine and many of you. For those of us who knew him, we were better for it. Some knew him through the various clubs, others met him at one time or another. Some only knew Phil through the internet or rctankwars.com. I thought it would be nice to have a thread made in memory of Phil and his rc tanks. he did so much for everyone, and this would be something nice we could do in his memory. Please post any pictures you have here of Phil or his tanks...or a tank he may have built for you. This thread will be a sticky and Phil will always be on page 1 of our forum.
Phil, you are resting now and all of your work here is done. We will all miss you and I know I will think of you every time I work on a tank or run in an rc battle day. You were my friend and my brother. i love you, Devildog!!! Rest in peace.

DirtyBird69 09-26-2012 03:34 PM

RE: In Memory of Phil Pflueger

Since 90% of the upgrades for my kv-2 beutepanzer were bought through Phil, I'm going to dedicate this build to him for his friendship and everything hedid for meand the hobby. I'm even going to go so far as airbrushing "Thanks Phil" on the bottom so every time I change the battery I can get a little smile..:)

This pic somesup this situationpretty well http://bartcop.com/soldier-down.jpg

bowlman 09-26-2012 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just started a Panzer IV build this past weekend got the top hull and turret with recoil and DBURC2 from Phil last spring .
I think ill paint Phil Pflueger on the side of the turret Schurzen after the install.

Thanks
Jimmy

harleridr 09-26-2012 03:41 PM

Really sorry to hear about Phil. I bought my !st, 2nd, and 3rd tanks from Phil. He always had time for my questions and made sure they were running correctly and they still are. Thanks for all you have done for all of us. You will be sadly missed. God bless you and your family my friend.
harle

YHR 09-26-2012 04:24 PM

Phil and I started in this hobby at the same time, and it was fun to bounce ideas and share things we learned with each other. His passion for this hobby and the service he provided was second to none. His heart was definately in the right place. It will be hard to imagine this hobby without him. He did his best to upgrade tanks to give Tamiya a run for their money, and he did very well with the stuff he brought to the Danville extravaganza in April 2011. I remember sharing ideas and thoughts with him about IR battling. THis is when the Benedini and the DBC3 interaction were in development. He let me know on his struggles to get the El Mod recognized by people and how hard it was to break through peoples perceptions about the electronics. For Phil it was about giving something to somebody that they would be happy and joyful to receive. The one man who proved he could and did please all the people all the time. For me he will be forever Phil the gregarious tank commander.

Phil's last line in his email to me just a few days ago.

Put that Clark board into a Mato Tiger 1 and drive it up hills and through tall grass, and let me know??

Thanks again, I was going to check in with you on this, but you beat me to it.

Phil
Phil was an inspiration, and I am so blessed to have know him.

He wanted to know that whatever he sold was going to deliver the goods to his customers. A true Gentleman

I miss you already Phil.

Buckeye36 09-26-2012 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Phil built me my first IR battle tank,got to battle it with him in Danville.
He'll be missed.....</p>

kev308 09-26-2012 05:21 PM

I am new to rc tanking, during my short time here I had the pleasure of dealing with Phil with issues on my tiger. He and I emailed back and forth as he tried to help a newbie fix some problems.
He showed great patience in his dealings with me, and it was greatly appreciated. A guy like that is not all that common these days and he will most definitly be missed. My thoughts go out to his family at this awful time. Rest in Peace Phil, and Thank you.
Kevin

ArmChairGeneral 09-26-2012 05:25 PM

Rest in peace Phil, you were a bright spot in all our lives - Salute !

Paul

Rex Ross 09-26-2012 05:29 PM

What a shock........I just received an order from him about a week ago and he wished me good luck on my new project. There was no hint of anything that he was dealing with, just happy and cheerful comments. I am stunned to hear this sad news.
Rex

texchap 09-26-2012 05:29 PM

I'll repeat my comments from the other thread: .This is truly a shock. My friendship with Phil started over 2 years ago as we talked about doing the custom build on my M48. That started our weekly communication. Our conversations went beyond that in a short time to family, his health and his faith. We went beyond vendor and customer to friendship. Many times I would call him just to check up on him. It's ironic that last week I finally completed that M48, our first of the many projects he and I would work on. I will miss our conversations, I will miss his advice, mainly I will miss his friendship. I believe in our second conversation he told me of his faith. I will end my comments with a passage from John 14:
<span class="text John-14-1">1<span class="woj">&ldquo;Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.</span></span> <span id="en-NIV-26671" class="text John-14-2"><span class="woj"><sup class="versenum">2</sup>My Father&rsquo;s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?</span></span> <span id="en-NIV-26672" class="text John-14-3"><span class="woj"><sup class="versenum">3</sup>And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am</span></span>.
Phil's faith has now been made sight. Fair winds my friend.........

Here is a list of what Phil built for me:
1/18 M48 conversion to operating tank
Hobby Engine M1A1- (El Mod and motors)
Mato Sherman (El Mod and Recoil)
HLTiger 1 (complete El Mod upgrade and recoil)
This doesn't include the other tanks that have parts I purchased from Phil.

texchap 09-26-2012 06:52 PM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MTm6926vd8[/youtube]

Here is the first video of the M48. Phil was proud of this one........

Tanque 09-26-2012 07:24 PM

Sad news indeed. I didn't know Phil well but did know him to be a gentleman and honest.

My dealings with him were mostly small parts although I did purchase my M16 half-track from him when it first was released.

Rest in peace.

Jerry

MAUS45 09-26-2012 07:46 PM

Richard, Thanks for sharing those verses. I like Psalms 91:14-16. I think based on what you told us that God has shown Phil His Salvation.
Still the thought of losing someone, even if we didn't know him the way you did is a shock and I hope Phil's family will find comfort in our words here right now.

Rebellion13 09-26-2012 08:12 PM

Phil my friend will be truly missed, a pair of shoes which will never be filled. RiP brother. And may God bless your family.

Miss You,
Wade

kclank 09-26-2012 08:19 PM

I am absolutely shocked. My condolences to his family. he will be missed

nothinbetr2do 09-26-2012 08:29 PM

Wow. That's crazy to hear. Sorry

scooter_it 09-27-2012 12:18 AM

Just read nowthis terrible new, also herein Italy Phil was well known and his work really appreciated.
We still remember him.
Ivano a.k.a. Scooter

Ex_Pat_Tanker 09-27-2012 01:40 AM

Phil assembling and selling the DBC was what really bought me into this hobby, without that I would have never gone beyond tooling around the backyard. I got the chance to meet Phil at Danville last year, and found him an even better guy in person than he was online.

Phil, where ever you are now - thanks for the great service, the great friendship, and for introducing me to many more good friends via the hobby.

R.I.P.

MAUS45 09-27-2012 06:15 AM

Phil was great at answering any question. This was his last answer to me on this forum on 09/25/12..... I will miss that about Phil... so willing to help no matter how long he had known you!!! He will be missed for all that he did to promote this site and this hobby.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MAUS45

Looks Great!!! One question. In the video, the sound of the electric motors and gear boxes seem to over power the simulated motor sound. Is that because the gear boxes still need breaking in or is it the volume for the sound?

Hey Maus,

Good question, a little of both, I did not have sound at full maybe about 7 out of 10. I have enough videos of EL MOD that show how loud it can get. The Mato 2.0 3:1 brass gearbox's do need some braking in and this set was particularly tight. On top of that the 480 really crank so even if you dipped the gearbox in motor oil and brake them in to the hilt, you may still hear a slight gear humming sound if you are pushing the 480 to the max.

Phil

DirtyBird69 09-27-2012 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As if I'm not alreadying having a bad day,and thinking about Phil, I get this in the mail.....a good salesman to the end......http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sappointed.gif

heavyaslead 09-27-2012 11:33 AM

So sorry to hear, he represented the hobby very well and truely had a passion for Service.

Peace be with Phl and his family.

pattoncommander 09-27-2012 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Phil did 90% of my electronics and added DBUs. He also got my two flame tanks kicking out water about 9 feet by installing water guns from LAV models. OT-34, Pz III Flammenpanzer, M-4A1E8, T-34/85, Super Pershing and totally set up my M-46 with el Mod,
gun recoil and DBU, installed upgrades and DBU in my M-45.

Panther G 09-27-2012 02:16 PM

I'm really at a loss for words right now. I think every time we enter this forum from now on we should all give a moment of silence to our fallen friend.

Martellus 09-27-2012 03:44 PM

He converted and sold me my t-34 and sent a motor and instructions free of charge when there was a problem. He upgraded and sold my friend his first rc tank, a pershing. I never met him in person, nor did my friend, but we both had a great time dealing with him. I just with I could have met him before he passed, seemed like a great man...

Airbrushler 09-27-2012 09:52 PM

hope this works it's a short cut to Phil's Photo Gallery so we can look at some of his Tanks i thought it would be cool to see some of his work
and his latest masterpiece

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...y&memid=343256

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR_N1...iPXZKZZXgaIPcw