RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   1/16 R/C Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 Model 1944 ChKZ Full-Option Kit (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11291626-1-16-r-c-russian-heavy-tank-javascript-2-model-1944-chkz-full-option-kit.html)

wsn123 11-19-2012 02:28 PM

RE: 1/16 R/C Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 Model 1944 ChKZ Full-Option Kit

"and/or update the old electronics into smaller packages"</p>

Right, in addition Id like to add something about engine sound quality.Tamiya should improve engine sound integrity - sound samples for subsequent speed steps are very often too short - engine sounds not quite natural - and is not properly fited to tank speed - especially in old Tamiya tanks -like KT, Pershing , Panzer</p>

In newer production like Leopard 2A6 and KV-1 is much better ....</p>

The sound signal should be also amplified more but with smaller distorsion level - For example setting potentiometer in Leopard 2A6 to max position causes distorsions in sound output signal, setting to half - that sound is too silent (better but not quite good is in KV-1) . This problem was discussed in another RCU thread- additional external amplifier for Leopard 2A6 is needed to improve sound loudness.</p>

</p>

no12skyline 11-19-2012 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A better photo of the IS/JS-2:

Panther F 11-20-2012 02:40 AM

I'd like to see the tank sitting on the tracks as showing off it "running" is not that important to me. Just disengage the motors to operate the rest of it's functions.

Also, just watched the original movie 'Sahara' and feel the M3 Lee should be considered too. :D

~ Jeff

ROLLIN ARMOUR 11-20-2012 05:29 AM

Where you hanging out with my dad and son over the weekend? That is what they were watching. lol.

YHR 11-20-2012 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Martellus

ORIGINAL: Panther F

ORIGINAL: modeltank

ORIGINAL: karel47

the JS 2 looks awesome, i want one too !!!

Guy's you don't listen ... if tamiya brings out a very scaled tank you probely couldn't pay it anyway !!!

Consider aeromate a up to scale Tiger I and Full Metal one , wich of you had bought one ? Right not many so stop complaining ... and be thankfull for what they bring out ... it cost millions to make the molds ... in 1/16 scale i say tamiya is as close to yhe scale for the price as it can be

If you want to change it be free , let us enjoy your scratchtalents if you can do better ... its just a bunch of kits here, i want this ... i want that ... its an economical crisis around he globe be thankfull they take risks with no real outcomes on the salesnumbers ... its a huge risk for them too

sorry for my boltness i think most of you agree with me though also ... please stop complaining ... its suppose to fun rc tanking [img][/img]<br type='''' />
I totally agreed with karel47.
Tamiya invested tonnes of $$$ into new models, while others just sit comfortably and copied it.
Remember, it was Tamiya that started 1/16 RC tank with battling capabilities (and good sound)
From another angle, it won't be competition that may kill Tamiya, but the consumers. If that happens, consumers will be stuck with low quality ''TOYS'' and not model kits

This is what separates the men from the boys.

Men want authentic operating projects that perform while boys will be happy with a poor facsimile. :D

~ Jeff

Or the people who can afford tamiya tanks vs those who can't.
<br type=''_moz'' />

Interesting thoughts, although outdated. When you look at the explosion of after market parts Tamiya has been overtaken in many areas. Third party sound systems are better, the new Metal Mato PZ111 seems like a good tank., and with the right electronics package will be a good offering. This old argument is just that, and old argument. Basically consumers want more then Tamiya is delivering, and they have found other avenues to enjoy this hobby. It has nothing to do with cost in most cases.

Tamiya is a good product, but please give this whole thing a rest. The hobby I hope has moved past it. Tank hobbyists have the ability to build things that will surpass Tamiya if they choose to with the parts that are available, and many do.

Yes the Tamiya is a good tank, but these guys who "can't afford" are responsible for building great tanks

no12skyline 11-20-2012 07:30 AM

http://www.rakuseimodel.co.jp/img/pr...7/1/171095.jpg

http://www.omohan.com/uploads/images/fairrc002.jpg

http://www.omohan.com/uploads/images/fairrc003.jpg
First look at the chassis, KV1/2 owners, does this look like your chassis tub?

There's not nearly enough track sag across the return rollers......Anyway, the Japanese websites are predicting a February 2013 release.

tomhugill 11-20-2012 07:53 AM

Regarding track sag, it's up on a block so when you have the suspension supporting the tanks weight there will be more sag. Also release just in time for my birthday, booya!

no12skyline 11-20-2012 07:58 AM

In the first photo, the tank's sitting on a platform, that's why I made the comment about track sag. I suppose track tension's adjustable as with all Tammy tanks, but it might not run good if its that loose......

karel47 11-20-2012 08:40 AM

mmm nice piece of armor though

tomhugill 11-20-2012 08:46 AM

In my experience rear drive tanks don't run well on grass with loose tracks. Sadly it's one of those compromises we have to make for not running on scale grass!
<br type="_moz" />

karel47 11-20-2012 10:29 AM

my pershing runs well on all terrain, i even bought metal tracks for it but hadn't change them yet, the standards are so well performing it would be a waste to exchange them, lateron when it turns to be the superpershing i use the metal ones to give extra weight for the long barreled superpershing

wsn123 11-20-2012 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: no12skyline

There's not nearly enough track sag across the return rollers......Anyway, the Japanese websites are predicting a February 2013 release.
Is it metall lower hull ? is it mean than IS-2 will be released with metal lower hull and suspension?

karel47 11-20-2012 10:36 AM

yes with plastic - metalbar tracks, they are quite good of quality the panther, pershing, sherman and kv tracks ... no need for direct exchange to metal ones ...

a lot of better then the chinese craptracks they sell with their chinese tanks

i think the JS 2 will also have descent quality plastic tracks<br type="_moz" />

tomhugill 11-20-2012 10:47 AM

Pershing usually runs with quite tight tracks I think. Sadly my elefant doesnt, this is where it struggles! Some one (read not me) need to make some of those centre tooth guides that go on the sprokets like the tamiya leo and pershing have!

DaveBcool 11-20-2012 11:27 AM

C'mon KV builders...
Is that the same chassis pan or what?

Also looks like it comes with some PE screens, look to the left of the chassis.<br type="_moz" />

sevoblast 11-20-2012 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It is not the same lower hull. Look at the suspension arm spacings, they are proper for the IS from what these tired old eyes can see from the photo. Now, enough of this squeaking about a model none of us has even had in our hot little hands yet. I have it from a usually reliable source, who HAS had it in his hands, that all appears to be correct. I have placed my advance order for one regardless, although I am still quite distressed that apparently there are no casting number on the track links or the turret rear, let alone the other major castings.

CCC2012 11-20-2012 01:34 PM

I WANT ONE!!!
I AM SURE I WILL BE GETTING ONE!

Reaper332 11-21-2012 01:55 AM

I have also put my pre order in for one cant wait either.................:D

karel47 11-21-2012 07:02 AM

its hard to say an unbuild chassis is almost identical in vieuw hard to say its not another or the kv1 one ... normaly it would be another with slightly minor changes

ORIGINAL: DaveBcool

C'mon KV builders...
Is that the same chassis pan or what?

Also looks like it comes with some PE screens, look to the left of the chassis.<br type="_moz" />

wsn123 11-21-2012 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: karel47

yes with plastic - metalbar tracks, they are quite good of quality the panther, pershing, sherman and kv tracks ... no need for direct exchange to metal ones ...

a lot of better then the chinese craptracks they sell with their chinese tanks

i think the JS 2 will also have descent quality plastic tracks<br type="_moz" />

Thanks for reply - You are right, Im also using plastic tracks in my Tamiya KT
So now Im waiting for official demo of IS-2 engine sound.....

karel47 11-21-2012 08:34 AM

yes am eager toohttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif

girltankette 11-21-2012 08:44 AM

All those looking for the JS-2 - sales rep just informed me that the eta is now March of 2013 -
I will start taking pre-orders as soon as I am informed of the price - our website will have all the info
once we know it. I will need a $100 deposit on all pre-orders ( this deposit is non-refundable if kit is not purchased)!
I will keep everyone posted.

Karen

CCC2012 11-21-2012 02:32 PM

thx Karen......

ROLLIN ARMOUR 11-21-2012 05:50 PM

Will thisTamiya Tank come with a tank commander figure? Does the Tamiya KV-1 and KV-2 come with tank figures?

bowlman 11-21-2012 06:35 PM

[X(] o I just can't stop drooling over them pic's want one .

Jimmy