RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Waltersons 105mm Sherman (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11306756-waltersons-105mm-sherman.html)

sassgrunt 11-26-2012 03:22 PM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman

I love the way this suspension looks. I noticed a couple of things when looking at the closeup pictures of the bogie units. First, there is an odd-looking piece in the middle of the housing. I'm guessing it's some kind of plug to cover a screw - either one that holds the bogie together, or maybe that holds it to the hull. Second, the roadwheels don't have that "crowded" look like the Mato ones do - it looks like they reduced the diameter of them somewhat, and they can travel without hitting each other. Last, the idler wheel appears to have a rubber tire on it. I am hoping that this is just painted and can be cleaned off, because the idler wheel has a solid steel rim. All in all, a GREAT looking basis for some new Shermans!!

jeanluc07 11-26-2012 03:24 PM

Wow, since I am new and have zero tanks and this fit the bill, I DEFINITELY want one - metal and IR version.<div>When and how to order? </div>

yellowshaker 11-26-2012 04:06 PM

rd, look at the interior pics. The mato suspension mounts different than this HL tank. I do not believe they are interchangeable...

YHR 11-26-2012 04:29 PM

Yes I agree, This tank has a cover piece over the suspension. Not ideal.

no12skyline 11-26-2012 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: YHR

Yes I agree, This tank has a cover piece over the suspension. Not ideal.
...... and the diameter for the headlight guards are too thick......

but then again, nothing a bit of filler, a hammer, or a cutter wouldn't fix! At about half the price of a Tamiya, I don't mind putting some work into it.

Panther F 11-26-2012 05:11 PM

It's a hell of a lot better looking than the MATO A1.

~ Jeff

FreakyDude 11-26-2012 05:14 PM

I am sorry I do not have a delivery date yet but trust me I want one as much as everybody else. It should get wrinkled out shortly.
Tks Curtis

ORIGINAL: jeanluc07

Wow, since I am new and have zero tanks and this fit the bill, I DEFINITELY want one - metal and IR version.<div>When and how to order?</div>

Airbrushler 11-26-2012 06:01 PM

they look like they need lots of paint and weathering i want one to i think just basic don't care about metal anything just want one...lol

YHR 11-26-2012 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Panther F

~ Jeff

Agreed, The transmission is way better. It looks like a really good tank, but they should have copied Mato's method of installing the bogies. That insert on the bogies is going to be an eyesore, unless it is filled and sanded, which then creates a major problem if you have to service the suspension. Doesn't mean I don't think this is a good tank, I am just saying.

Panther F 11-27-2012 05:28 AM

~ Jeff

Agreed, The transmission is way better. It looks like a really good tank, but the they should have copied Mato's method of installing the bogies. That insert on the bogies is going to be an eyesore, unless it is filled and sanded, which then creates a major problem if you have to service the suspension. Doesn't mean I don't think this is a good tank, I am just saying.

Well, it's better than having a Philips head screw sticking out, huh. ;)

I'm thinking they will not need servicing once you paint it up so a little filling in with putty and sanding won't trip me up. I've been dying for a REAL Sherman to make all my variants I have lined up.

PLUS the JS2... I think we all went through a little "phoney war" here for a while with not much to get excited about and now the time has come. :D

~ Jeff

YHR 11-27-2012 06:03 AM

Yes, we seem to be in an up phase. All good.

karel47 11-27-2012 07:26 AM

am eager to one in real life could be the beginning of endless modifications onto the sherman range, who knows over a year there are more sherman onto the battlefield just as in WOII Battles in real

Panther F 11-27-2012 08:26 AM

Yep, I have the immediate need for 2 RTR's right now.

A Maxx Traxx M36 turret to make a M36B1 and an Early M4A3. I also want to build a wader Sherman too and the M36 Jackson also. :D

I need to find a way to duplicate myself with all these Shermans to build. [:o]

~ Jeff

tisaksen 11-27-2012 08:29 AM

Yep, I have the immediate need for 2 RTR's right now.

A Maxx Traxx M36 turret to make a M36B1 and an Early M4A3. I also want to build a wader Sherman too and the M36 Jackson also. :D

I need to find a way to duplicate myself with all these Shermans to build. [:o]

Lets try a 3D printer to duplicate you :-)

~

YHR 11-27-2012 08:35 AM

~ Jeff

Agreed, The transmission is way better. It looks like a really good tank, but the they should have copied Mato's method of installing the bogies. That insert on the bogies is going to be an eyesore, unless it is filled and sanded, which then creates a major problem if you have to service the suspension. Doesn't mean I don't think this is a good tank, I am just saying.

Well, it's better than having a Philips head screw sticking out, huh. ;)

I'm thinking they will not need servicing once you paint it up so a little filling in with putty and sanding won't trip me up. I've been dying for a REAL Sherman to make all my variants I have lined up.

PLUS the JS2... I think we all went through a little ''phoney war'' here for a while with not much to get excited about and now the time has come. :D

~ Jeff

When I modded the metal FOV Sherman, this is how I mounted the front bogies on it. I had to fill and sand the holes, and then make a mental note that if I wanted to remove them I would have to drill out the fill to get to the screws. So I agree, it can be done, and shouldn't present a huge problem. However Mato has presented a design that is easy and functional. They have no problems copying everything else, so I am a loss to explain why they didn't copy this good idea.:D

Oh well, it the prices the Freaky quoted are right, this won't prevent me from buying a couple.

There still is the All Mato M4A3 coming as well, not to mention the metal stug or the metal PZIII that was just released. No one but modern tankers should be complaining about the 1/16 tank releases now.

Panther G 11-27-2012 08:42 AM

What would be a real nice choice of upgrades would be the different turrets and guns/ mantlets that where used on the different variants of these tanks.
I'm a little puzzled as to why the howitzer version. Seems even the 75 would have been more practical.
I'm a 76 version guy myself.

Panther F 11-27-2012 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Panther G

I'm a little puzzled as to why the howitzer version. Seems even the 75 would have been more practical.
I'm a 76 version guy myself.

Because it's easier to copy something that's already out there.

Plus, only Nick makes a correct M34, M34A1 and the gun shield for the T23.

~ Jeff

yellowshaker 11-27-2012 10:33 AM

Sorry, did I miss the pricing on these Shermans?

MAUS45 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Yes, on page 2 of this thread Freakdude gave us the pricing.

Panther F 11-27-2012 11:05 AM

Plus, basic pricing is on the website too.

I'm doing some searches on the M4A3 with the 105 and am coming up with them as waders too. [:o] Looks like an easy conversion right out of the box. :D

Looks like I'll need 3 of them. :eek:

~ Jeff

FreakyDude 11-30-2012 02:44 PM

Great news guys, I'll have tanks on the water very very shortly. Supposed to be loaded this week. A limited air shipment is coming as well but i put my money into the tanks and not into shipping.

jeanluc07 11-30-2012 03:46 PM

Mr Freakydude (santa)<div>
</div><div>I love to have an ir metal version . Will it get here for Xmas?</div><div>
</div><div>Thanks</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>

Jumbo123 11-30-2012 05:38 PM

Hello

I here Mato will have a new shipment come out this January. Is this a new tank than the one that was produced a few years ago? If so, how would the new Walterson compare? The HL looks great. How easy would it be to put the 76mm gun and turret on the WaltersonA3?

Do not have any tanks yet. Plus this is my first post!

Regards

John

FreakyDude 11-30-2012 06:06 PM

Jeanluc if you want one for Christmas cross your fingers or tell me you will pick up the EMS from China. I will have 3 Tanks that are smoke and sound, IR plastic track versions.
I will have 1 Metal version but that may be spoken for to the first person that sent me an e-mail requesting one. The catch to her will be that I can take it apart and do a full review to post here so we can all see the value the tank has, if she says no to that I may go down the list or I might just put everybodies name in a hat and pick one.
It won't be long before they get here.

ORIGINAL: jeanluc07

Mr Freakydude (santa)<div></div><div>I love to have an ir metal version . Will it get here for Xmas?</div><div></div><div>Thanks</div><div></div><div></div><div></div>

edoubleaz 11-30-2012 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Panther G

I think the Airsoft nature of these tanks strikes again.