RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Waltersons 105mm Sherman (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11306756-waltersons-105mm-sherman.html)

FreakyDude 12-18-2012 12:15 PM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman

kind of hoping the box coming to the local post tomorrow is my shermans. i hate the fact the post guy doesn't put the sender on the delivery notice, you can't reverse track it either.  <div>
</div>

Bagheera 12-18-2012 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Would the metal tracks from Mato work with that style drive wheel.

Johnny

Warlord_Link 12-18-2012 05:24 PM

Johnny,

I've never try that because it is out of stock at my shop but already try to put an original track from M4A1 Mato on an original sprocket from henglong and it fit perfectly then Ithink the metal traks from Mato would fit this Sherman too.

Note: Metal track from Henglong premium is same quality as normal Henglong metal track.

Jade

Bagheera 12-18-2012 07:57 PM

Thanks Jade I have a set of Mato traxks ready for the Sherman. I am thinking about doing a E2 Jumbo

Johnny

FreakyDude 12-21-2012 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Shermans are in and here is a pic for proof. I also got my Taigens so as I get into the tank I'll post some pics and do a review. First opinion if the Sherman is I like it and HL has stepped up their game.

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

kind of hoping the box coming to the local post tomorrow is my shermans. i hate the fact the post guy doesn't put the sender on the delivery notice, you can't reverse track it either. <div></div>

YHR 12-21-2012 09:38 AM

Questions

How well does that suspension move.?
Rubber tires or painted on.?
How does it track. Specifically the interface with the track and the sprockets I heard a rumor, and now that someone has one we know I would like to hear your assessment on this.

Cheers

FreakyDude 12-21-2012 12:10 PM

Dan
Not sure what someone said but I see no issue with the track running forward or reverse. Their is a lot of slack in the track and it runs very close to the guide horns and wheel cogs but like I said really is no problem. It is snowing at my place and i can't take it outside so maybe in some thick grass but again like all tanks the worst I could see it needing might be a tensioner. Idler wheels are in a spot that it would be fairly easy to come up with a home made tensioner too.

ORIGINAL: YHR

Questions

How well does that suspension move.?
Rubber tires or painted on.?
How does it track. Specifically the interface with the track and the sprockets I heard a rumor, and now that someone has one we know I would like to hear your assessment on this.

Cheers

Panther F 12-21-2012 01:11 PM

Not bad looking, a little crazy with the AB but most of us will paint it.

They get those tracks fixed...

~ Jeff