RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Waltersons 105mm Sherman (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11306756-waltersons-105mm-sherman.html)

FreakyDude 11-23-2012 06:42 AM

Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
The Waltersons Sherman has been released.
<div>1/16 Scale U.S Sherman M4A3 (105mm Howitzer)</div><div>BB Bullet (With Smoke Effect + Infrared Shooting) 3898 P10</div><div>3898PI0</div><div>Premium Version:</div><div>- Custom Paint Body work</div><div>- Zinc Alloy Track with Paint effect</div><div>- Zinc Alloy Sprockets, Idle Wheels</div><div>+ Gear Box</div><div>- Special Edition User Manual</div><div>- EPE Foam Black Package, All</div><div>New Accessories Boxes</div><div>Product Dimension:</div><div>x x cm</div><div>Carton Dimension:</div><div>67 x 50 x 45 cm</div><div></div><div>G.W: 18 Kg N.W: 16 Kg

There are like 6 versions of this tank and all are just different price levels as you can have a base model, plastic everything, no smoker, airsoft for a low cost then their is the fully loaded version above.
I have ordered one and am sending it EMS so it is possible I will have it early next week. As for pricing I will work on the freight options today and either post the pricing or load it on my web site.
For anybody that would want one for Christmas I suggest you send me a mail at either info@immortalhobbies.com or a pm. Only issue i see getting them in time is the air freight cost, which is sometimes not as bad as you think.

</div>

Buckeye36 11-23-2012 07:00 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Is there an IR version with recoil?

Panther F 11-23-2012 07:03 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

The Waltersons Sherman has been released.
<div>1/16 Scale U.S Sherman M4A3 (105mm Howitzer)</div><div>BB Bullet (With Smoke Effect + Infrared Shooting) 3898 P10</div><div>3898PI0</div><div>Premium Version:</div><div>- Custom Paint Body work</div><div>- Zinc Alloy Track with Paint effect</div><div>- Zinc Alloy Sprockets, Idle Wheels</div><div>+ Gear Box</div><div>- Special Edition User Manual</div><div>- EPE Foam Black Package, All</div><div>New Accessories Boxes</div><div>Product Dimension:</div><div>x x cm</div><div>Carton Dimension:</div><div>67 x 50 x 45 cm</div><div> </div><div>G.W: 18 Kg N.W: 16 Kg

There are like 6 versions of this tank and all are just different price levels as you can have a base model, plastic everything, no smoker, airsoft for a low cost then their is the fully loaded version above.
I have ordered one and am sending it EMS so it is possible I will have it early next week. As for pricing I will work on the freight options today and either post the pricing or load it on my web site.
For anybody that would want one for Christmas I suggest you send me a mail at either info@immortalhobbies.com or a pm. Only issue i see getting them in time is the air freight cost, which is sometimes not as bad as you think.

</div>



WHAT? Pictures, PLEASE!!!!! Tamiya JS-2 what? I wanna... :D


Need to get geared up for this for I have a lot to do.














~ Jeff

no12skyline 11-23-2012 07:13 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
http://www.tankzone.co.uk/images/wal...-M4-1_Main.jpg

FreakyDude 11-23-2012 07:26 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Buckeye it doesn't say recoil on the info I have and that is why I want to air freight one in and review it. if it is as good as what I see then I will bring some of each quality level.
Honestly this is nice having all the options that i see, the posting below is a snipet of the different levels
Base
<div>Regular Version:</div><div>- Plain Oliver green colour</div><div>- Polysterene Package</div><div>- Regular User Manual</div><div>- Plastic Gear Box, Plastic</div><div>Sprockets, Idle Wheels and Tracks</div><div>- Regular Paper Box

Mid Base level
<div>Regular Version:</div><div>- Plain Oliver green colour</div><div>- Polysterene Package</div><div>- Regular User Manual</div><div>- Plastic Gear Box, Plastic</div><div>Sprockets, Idle Wheels and Tracks</div><div>- Regular Paper Box smoker and Infa Red
Basicly it starts out as a stripped tank no frills, then it goes where yoiu can mix and match different things to get a fully dressed IR metal version

</div></div>
Quote:

ORIGINAL: Buckeye36

Is there an IR version with recoil?

aashu 11-23-2012 07:27 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
ANy IR version compatibale with Tamiya ?

FreakyDude 11-23-2012 07:29 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
I don't think they would be Tamiya compatible out of the box but that can be fixed.
Quote:

ORIGINAL: aashu

ANy IR version compatibale with Tamiya ?

karel47 11-23-2012 07:36 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
no links or foto's ??????????????????????

FreakyDude 11-23-2012 07:45 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
nope sorry all i have is an excel quotation.
Quote:

ORIGINAL: karel47

no links or foto's ??????????????????????

edoubleaz 11-23-2012 08:23 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Can't wait to buy one... then tear it apart.......

Guess I will want a plain one then....

mustclime 11-23-2012 08:32 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
thats the same stuff that was posted on the ossi web site back in march. That pic has been around for a while as well. The guy that owns tank zone has been putting adds up since the begining of summer.......now he is claiming 4th quarter 2012....here is a link....

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/category/cat_rtr.htm

Freaky, I would wait till you have the tanks in your hands untill you post it.....the guy at tank zone has taken a lot of heat on the uk forums for taking orders and making people wait formonths....I am just trying to help, the release ofthis sherman has beena bit of a mess.

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 11-23-2012 09:08 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: mustclime

thats the same stuff that was posted on the ossi web site back in march. That pic has been around for a while as well. The guy that owns tank zone has been putting adds up since the begining of summer.......now he is claiming 4th quarter 2012....here is a link....

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/category/cat_rtr.htm

Freaky, I would wait till you have the tanks in your hands untill you post it.....the guy at tank zone has taken a lot of heat on the uk forums for taking orders and making people wait formonths....I am just trying to help, the release ofthis sherman has beena bit of a mess.
Sure, it absolutely is the same Sherman tank that has been shown on quite a few outlets for many months, but most of them just showing it either wasn't in stock, was unavailable, or was coming soon. The Heng Long Premium site was showing pictures of it in their website slide show for the longest time as well, probably because it was supposed to be released a long time ago, but for what ever reasons, the initial release date was most likely pushed back until now.

Yes, we've seen this scenario happen all to often. But if TankZone was already taking pre-orders for it way back in the summer, without knowing a definite date of release or at least having some already on a container in transit being shipped to them at the time, then that was their mistake for taking the gamble to allow pre-orders so early, only to end up with upset customers for them having to wait so long. However, I believe his latest "<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Due Q4 2012</font>" is now actually correct, because it is 4th quarter right now, &amp; the tanks seem to be available from Waltersons to go out to distributors to now be sold to customers. TankZone will probably be able to start filling actual orders for them very soon.

I do hear what you say with the cautioning of taking pre-orders, only to find out as a distributor, that you can't get the tanks at the time you expected them, &amp; then have a bunch of angry customers confronting you. Just a few days ago I was also told this tank would be released soon too, &amp; was told some Shermans were on a container already being shipped to at least one new Waltersons distributor, so I don't believe Freaky is going too far out on a limb at this time by saying they have been released &amp; he can get some to sell. Guess we'll find out soon enough http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif , so let's just hope that limb you're out on doesn't break on you Freaky http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/drowning.gif ... because I do know I want one, &amp; I will be getting one as soon as I can!

~ Craig ~


FreakyDude 11-23-2012 09:15 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
It's because he is british lol everybody loves us Canadianshttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gifSeriously I have been waiting for the info for a long time, I honestly do believe they are readyu to ship but like I said earlier. I am ordering a fully loaded one and will review it before I place a real order.
Quote:

ORIGINAL: mustclime

thats the same stuff that was posted on the ossi web site back in march. That pic has been around for a while as well. The guy that owns tank zone has been putting adds up since the begining of summer.......now he is claiming 4th quarter 2012....here is a link....

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/category/cat_rtr.htm

Freaky, I would wait till you have the tanks in your hands untill you post it.....the guy at tank zone has taken a lot of heat on the uk forums for taking orders and making people wait formonths....I am just trying to help, the release ofthis sherman has beena bit of a mess.

YHR 11-23-2012 10:15 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

If anyone gets their hands on a real one please post pictures. This would be a nice surprise for Christmas.

Panther F 11-23-2012 12:13 PM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: YHR

I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

If anyone gets their hands on a real one please post pictures. This would be a nice surprise for Christmas.

Same here. http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t..._big_smile.gif














~ Jeff

FreakyDude 11-23-2012 09:21 PM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
And I quote " Hey Moriarity whats with all the negativity " tell me what oddball said that.
I'll bet anyone a coffee that I have my review tank in my hands in about 10 days. You can let your breath go now. I know for a fact Badass will have his under his Christmas Tree.

Quote:

ORIGINAL: YHR

I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

If anyone gets their hands on a real one please post pictures. This would be a nice surprise for Christmas.

YHR 11-23-2012 11:02 PM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Well the news about this has been out for months. We've been down this road before, and Waltersons is kind of a unknown distributor to most of us. I thought they were a UK distributor. Mato is a big Heng Long distributor in North America, so it will be interesting to see what happens with these Heng Longs when they do finally arrive.

So in 10 days we should be expecting a hands on review, and even better you are saying these will be available for Christmas. Your optimism is encouraging.

More noteworthy to me is a list of the tanks Heng Long is coming out with after this Sherman.

septon 11-24-2012 01:07 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
the sherman on the Waltersons web site is a 1\24 vs sherman that has been put though photoshop
http://diecastmilitarymodels.co.uk/b...an-tank-105mm/

AFV432 11-24-2012 01:41 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Waltersons aren't a uk distributor they had an address in london which when we googled it was a building site http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../omg_smile.gif

Tankzone are the only UK vendor with them that i know of

and yes the image they are flaunting is the 1/25 sherman http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...used_smile.gif

im also not holding my breath but i really do hope it materialises minus the wooden crate and expensive spray job

so don't worry if it doesn't materialise we wont say "Told you so" lol we are all hoping on this one http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

rivetcounter 11-24-2012 02:41 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

It's because he is british lol
I love people who haven’t got a clue what they are talking about, Kin from “Tankzone” is from Hong Kong, though he lives in England

Panther F 11-24-2012 03:44 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
The problem is that of the image is of 'another' existing item, so speculation is expected.

So, the BEST situation would be to show a fresh picture of the prototype or project that is being released.



There HAS to be a prototype RIGHT NOW at this stage or the projected release is impossible.














~ Jeff

YHR 11-24-2012 04:25 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter


Quote:

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

It's because he is british lol
I love people who haven’t got a clue what they are talking about, Kin from “Tankzone” is from Hong Kong, though he lives in England


I have just been informed that a Hong Kong trading company is working with Heng Long on a Sherman. So I guess Waltersons must be that Hong Kong trading company. So a Hong Kong Heng Long. Say it fast enough and people will think you know cantonese

Wouldn't it be nice if a real picture surfaced,and this was a 75 mm M4A3.

texchap 11-24-2012 05:14 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
"<span style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Wouldn't it be nice if a real picture surfaced,and this was a 75 mm M4A3. ". We can only dream.... [8D]</span>

Panther F 11-24-2012 05:24 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: YHR


Quote:

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter


Quote:

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

It's because he is british lol
I love people who haven’t got a clue what they are talking about, Kin from “Tankzone” is from Hong Kong, though he lives in England


I have just been informed that a Honk Kong trading company is working with Heng Long on a Sherman. So I guess Waltersons must be that Hong Kong trading company. So a Hong Kong Heng Long. Say it fast enough and people will think you know cantonese

Wouldn't it be nice if a real picture surfaced,and this was a 75 mm M4A3.



THAT would be great but can be changed with Nicks awesome M34A1 mantlet kit.

In the end, I gotta have both versions in the VVSS Sherman. This has me fired up but need a new picture soon! [:o]














~ Jeff

no12skyline 11-24-2012 05:38 AM

RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman
 
Spotted in a Hong Kong RC store window - I think its safe to say its no longer vaporware:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...4a3dde90d19cbc


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:55 PM.