RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Heng Long 1/16 Tank Rumor Mill (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11310142-heng-long-1-16-tank-rumor-mill.html)

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 11-26-2012 03:56 PM

Heng Long 1/16 Tank Rumor Mill

Hey, since there has been some renewed interest with some of the newly released HL tanks, I thought it would be fun to keep it going in it's own thread, so discussion on different rumored tanks don't clutter up some of the now, newly confirmed releases.

I'm not intending for this thread to start huge arguments or flaming one another's views on what's only going to be rumor & what might actually be possible in the way of new tanks coming ... keep the banter light hearted & let's start throwing around some puns of what mighta been, thoughts on what might be likely, & even some pictures on what's in the Heng Long pipeline in the coming weeks, months, or years ahead if you have some ... which might or might not include any Heng Long Premium, Waltersons, Taigen, Torro, or Mattoro, etc.. rumored tanks ;)

What are you looking forward to actually seeing come down the pipeline, any of these catch your fancy? Have any other HL rumored tanks to add to the below list? Let's hear about them & when you heard they were supposed to be coming.

This was my revised list from a list I had posted several days ago about the information I stumbled on myself over the last half a year or so ...

<div style="margin-left: 40px;">1). Henschel King Tiger (Confirmed released, already in customer&rsquo;s hands)
http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/u...88/To45380.jpg

2). Sherman M4A3 105mm Howitzer (Confirmed released, already in customer&rsquo;s hands)
http://www.mediafire.com/conv/b6940d...cd7c68cd6g.jpg

3). Leopard II A6 (Partially Confirmed it is coming, but only because a simple graphic of a Leopard II is showing on Heng Long Premium's website to promote their &ldquo;Coming Soon&rdquo; products, no actual pictures of it yet, not released)
4). British Challenger 2 (Still only rumored, no drawings or actual pictures of it, not released)
5). Russian T34/85 (Still only rumored, no drawings or actual pictures of it, not released)
6). US M1A2 Abrams (Still only rumored, no drawings or actual pictures of it, not released)

</div><div>So the Henschel King Tiger is confirmed to be here now &amp; available to be purchased, &amp; as the latest pictures have indicated, the Sherman M4A3 105mm Howitzer has been confirmed &amp; is now being shipped out to soon be sold everywhere too.

The next tank on my rumor mill list, which could still be considered a rumor, is the Leopard II A6, which I was told is a priority for Heng Long to get done &amp; be released ... maybe later this year .... not sure, time is running out, maybe early next year? At least the Heng Long Premium site is showing it as one of their "Coming Soon" 1/16 tanks, which is where the Henschel King Tiger was also touted not too long ago before it went from just a rumor to a reality.

After the Henschel KT I list the British Challenger 2 ... another supposed priority tank, but slated for possibly late first quarter 2013 ... sometime well after the 2013 Nuremberg Toy Fair, maybe some time in March ???

The T34/85 &amp; US M1A2 Abrams are bringing up the end, barely on the rumor mill list because it seems to be quite a long way away for those 2 tanks yet. Still, they are on the radar, &amp; I'm looking forward to the T34/85 myself if it ever materializes.

Some or most of this ordered list &amp; timing may be totally incorrect ... then again, some or most of it may entirely correct ... who knows ... &amp; though I realize some people just loathe the idea of discussing rumors, I enjoy it &amp; I believe there are others who will too. If it's not your cup of tea, &amp; you cannot for the life of you remain civil when discussing rumors posted by other members, then please just look the other way &amp; refrain from posting in the thread altogether, it's all just for fun anyway, just like this hobby was meant to be for everyone.

But if you can confirm any of these rumors I've listed, or you have any other Heng Long tank rumors you can share, confirmed yet or not, go ahead &amp; post them in the thread so we can discuss them.

Hey, if there's no interest the thread will die on its own anyway. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...evil_smile.gif

~ Craig ~
</div><div>

</div><div></div>

ROLLIN ARMOUR 11-26-2012 04:48 PM

RE: Heng Long 1/16 Tank Rumor Mill

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "><b style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; ">Do not forget about theChinese ZTZ99Aand Chinese ZTZ-99.[/b]</span>

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 11-26-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: ROLLIN ARMOUR

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "><b style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; ">Do not forget about theChinese ZTZ99Aand Chinese ZTZ-99.[/b]</span>
So are the ZTZ99 tank versions both still unavailable to purchase anywhere, or have they actually just been able to have been purchased in the last few weeks &amp; not prior?

I thought the HL ZTZ 99 tanks were released &amp; even sold last year or much earlier this year already, &amp; the ZTZ-99A were available a while ago too, well before the just recently released Henschel KT that is still being promoted as "Coming Soon" on the Heng Long Premium website even though it has just been released.

That's really the only reason I had the Henschel &amp; Sherman on the beginning of the rumor mill list still, because until very recently, both were still completely unavailable to purchase.

~ Craig ~

texchap 11-26-2012 06:25 PM

I've had my ZTZ99 for about 5 months. I've upgraded the gearboxes and put in a DBRC3 and Benedini Sound System. I've noticed though they don't seem to be as available now,

yellowshaker 11-26-2012 06:26 PM

The Chinese etank is available. They have been out for some time now.

FreakyDude 11-26-2012 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Craig, do you mean this picture? I'll touch base and find out for sure when we have a release date. It would be too much if we had this release as well. I personally just want to break Santa's back bringing me Shermans and Henschels.

Quote:

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Hey, since there has been some renewed interest with some of the newly released HL tanks, I thought it would be fun to keep it going in it's own thread, so discussion on different rumored tanks don't clutter up some of the now, newly confirmed releases.

I'm not intending for this thread to start huge arguments or flaming one another's views on what's only going to be rumor &amp; what might actually be possible in the way of new tanks coming ... keep the banter light hearted &amp; let's start throwing around some puns of what mighta been, thoughts on what might be likely, &amp; even some pictures on what's in the Heng Long pipeline in the coming weeks, months, or years ahead if you have some ... which might or might not include any Heng Long Premium, Waltersons, Taigen, Torro, or Mattoro, etc.. rumored tanks ;)

What are you looking forward to actually seeing come down the pipeline, any of these catch your fancy? Have any other HL rumored tanks to add to the below list? Let's hear about them &amp; when you heard they were supposed to be coming.

This was my revised list from a list I had posted several days ago about the information I stumbled on myself over the last half a year or so ...

<div style="margin-left: 40px;">1). Henschel King Tiger (Confirmed released, already in customer&rsquo;s hands)
http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/u...88/To45380.jpg

2). Sherman M4A3 105mm Howitzer (Confirmed released, already in customer&rsquo;s hands)
http://www.mediafire.com/conv/b6940d...cd7c68cd6g.jpg

3). Leopard II A6 (Partially Confirmed it is coming, but only because a simple graphic of a Leopard II is showing on Heng Long Premium's website to promote their &ldquo;Coming Soon&rdquo; products, no actual pictures of it yet, not released)
4). British Challenger 2 (Still only rumored, no drawings or actual pictures of it, not released)
5). Russian T34/85 (Still only rumored, no drawings or actual pictures of it, not released)
6). US M1A2 Abrams (Still only rumored, no drawings or actual pictures of it, not released)

</div><div>So the Henschel King Tiger is confirmed to be here now &amp; available to be purchased, &amp; as the latest pictures have indicated, the Sherman M4A3 105mm Howitzer has been confirmed &amp; is now being shipped out to soon be sold everywhere too.

The next tank on my rumor mill list, which could still be considered a rumor, is the Leopard II A6, which I was told is a priority for Heng Long to get done &amp; be released ... maybe later this year .... not sure, time is running out, maybe early next year? At least the Heng Long Premium site is showing it as one of their "Coming Soon" 1/16 tanks, which is where the Henschel King Tiger was also touted not too long ago before it went from just a rumor to a reality.

After the Henschel KT I list the British Challenger 2 ... another supposed priority tank, but slated for possibly late first quarter 2013 ... sometime well after the 2013 Nuremberg Toy Fair, maybe some time in March ???

The T34/85 &amp; US M1A2 Abrams are bringing up the end, barely on the rumor mill list because it seems to be quite a long way away for those 2 tanks yet. Still, they are on the radar, &amp; I'm looking forward to the T34/85 myself if it ever materializes.

Some or most of this ordered list &amp; timing may be totally incorrect ... then again, some or most of it may entirely correct ... who knows ... &amp; though I realize some people just loathe the idea of discussing rumors, I enjoy it &amp; I believe there are others who will too. If it's not your cup of tea, &amp; you cannot for the life of you remain civil when discussing rumors posted by other members, then please just look the other way &amp; refrain from posting in the thread altogether, it's all just for fun anyway, just like this hobby was meant to be for everyone.

But if you can confirm any of these rumors I've listed, or you have any other Heng Long tank rumors you can share, confirmed yet or not, go ahead &amp; post them in the thread so we can discuss them.

Hey, if there's no interest the thread will die on its own anyway. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...evil_smile.gif

~ Craig ~
</div><div>

</div><div></div>

Ronan87 11-26-2012 07:09 PM

I still fail to find a Heng Long <span style="color: rgb(80, 80, 80); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px;">Henschel King Tiger... Everytime it's the Waltersons with a ridiculous price tag.</span>

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 11-26-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Ronan87

I still fail to find a Heng Long Henschel King Tiger... Everytime it's the Waltersons with a ridiculous price tag.
The Waltersons Henschel King Tiger is a Heng Long tank, though you are correct, on the bit of an uppity pricing range for their version of the HL Henschel KT.

But still, considering the options available, what are they right now for a new 1/16 Henschel King Tiger ...
Tamiya
Torro
Matorro
Waltersons

No basic Heng Long offering for the Henschel KT that I know of either, at least not yet, so it seems we're stuck with those choices, &amp; as high as Waltersons price may be, it's still one of the lowest out of those choices.

Any more real options out there besides doing a tank conversion or a scratch build?

~ Craig ~

Panther G 11-27-2012 08:45 AM

I find all of the rumored tanks to be highly desirable. Especially the Chally, M1 and LEO.

Ronan87 11-27-2012 08:47 AM

For the price of a HL Porsche turret KT with metal tracks, metal gears and metal sprockets I get a full basic Walterson one. That's insulting markup and its not like it comes with better quality parts.

i like the h turret so it's a painful sting. "You want it? We'll make you PAY for it". That's insulting business practice.

Too bad HL isn't selling it with no greedy middleman.

ill looks at something else heh :/ $280 for what's a $190 HL KT is insane.

Quote:

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Ronan87

I still fail to find a Heng Long Henschel King Tiger... Everytime it's the Waltersons with a ridiculous price tag.
The Waltersons Henschel King Tiger is a Heng Long tank, though you are correct, on the bit of an uppity pricing range for their version of the HL Henschel KT.

But still, considering the options available, what are they right now for a new 1/16 Henschel King Tiger ...
Tamiya
Torro
Matorro
Waltersons

No basic Heng Long offering for the Henschel KT that I know of either, at least not yet, so it seems we're stuck with those choices, &amp; as high as Waltersons price may be, it's still one of the lowest out of those choices.

Any more real options out there besides doing a tank conversion or a scratch build?

~ Craig ~

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Hey Craig, do you mean this picture? I'll touch base and find out for sure when we have a release date. It would be too much if we had this release as well. I personally just want to break Santa's back bringing me Shermans and Henschels.
http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/u...88/Ig13064.jpg
Yeah, Leo 2 A6 supposedly coming soon, &amp; a priority for HL to release, nice picture, but still not yet totaly convinced that's the actual picture of a 1/16, but possibly one of the smaller scale HL tanks. If that turns out to be an actual picture of the 1/16 LEO that is rumored for release, good find, it would be the first I've seen. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gif

~ Craig ~

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 11-27-2012 12:32 PM

Just for fun ... what if ... along with the Henschel KT &amp; Sherman M4A3 ... soon on store shelves we see ...

[img]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/935ee5...f8f16aa04g.jpg[/img]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/935ee5...f8f16aa06g.jpg

~ Craig ~

Panther F 11-27-2012 02:08 PM

Just for fun...

...I'm full up on T34's but, a Chally II would be nice. :D

~ Jeff

Baron Fel 11-27-2012 02:28 PM

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: Arial;">Taigen</span></span></span><span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"></span><strong style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13.333333015441895px;">US M1A2 Abrams Heavy<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Confirmed as a</span><span style="color: rgb(153, 204, 0);"> GO <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">for next year, 2nd Quarter.</span>

</span>[/b]</span><p class="MsoAutoSig" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: large;">Tony Oglesby</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoAutoSig" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: large;">Manager</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoAutoSig" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: large;">Big Boy Toys Airsoft</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoAutoSig" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: large;">3720-A Battleground Ave</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoAutoSig" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: large;">Greensboro NC 27410</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoAutoSig" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: large;">work: 336-617-6765 Cell: 704-787-2367</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><o:p style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"></o:p><p style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"></p><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 12pt; line-height: 18px;">
www.bigboytoysairsoft.com
<o:p></o:p></span><p style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;">www.facebook.com/BigBoyToysAirsoft</p><div></div>

FreakyDude 11-27-2012 07:48 PM

Well I can tell you the Challenger, Leo and T-34 are not rumours. It is just a question of when.<div>
</div><div>
</div>

YHR 11-27-2012 08:48 PM

I want to know where in Hong Kong that hobby shop is:D

rivetcounter 11-28-2012 12:54 AM

If memory serves me right there was talk of a Comet/Cromwell a few years back

herrmill 11-28-2012 04:52 PM

Yea, Erwin from IMPACT & I saw that & a few other Tamiya 1:35 kits being studied in their cluttered "R&D department" way back then. Actually it was more of a large closet under the stairway so who knows what's lurking down there.. :eek:

MrQweeksdraw 11-29-2012 06:47 AM

Where would one obtain one of the Heng Long 1/16 Sherman M4A3's? I've surfed till my fingers are raw, cannot find a vendor!

FreakyDude 11-29-2012 07:11 AM

right here www.immortalhobbies.com

Quote:

ORIGINAL: MrQweek****w

Where would one obtain one of the Heng Long 1/16 Sherman M4A3's? I've surfed till my fingers are raw, cannot find a vendor!

karel47 11-29-2012 07:33 AM

yes but at prices they are realy expensife minus 300 euro for normals and the upgraded 450 euro i rather choose for tamiya then

but yes they haven't a challenger or t 34 but spending another 300 euro to replace the chinese crapelectronics would be a min point for them now would be a sale of 700 to 800 euro you better off with the tamiya leopard 2A6 then, that's just me ...

<br type="_moz" />

TheBennyB 11-29-2012 07:38 AM

Not a HL, but kyosho has now entered the tank market with this beaut.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Kyosho-R-C-Buttle-Tank-74-type-Japan-ARMY-Military-JGSDF-/320971473810?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&am p;hash=item4abb640392<br type="_moz" />

Baron Fel 11-29-2012 09:12 AM

I dont know why, but I like it, Benny. I have to have one now.

Tony<br type="_moz" />

karel47 11-29-2012 09:25 AM

is Kyosho also japanese i think so

nice new tank , nice price too but not 1/16 its to small

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 11-29-2012 10:51 AM

Seems to be about 1/24 scale with the dimensions given ... it was talked about way back in 2010 though (JGSDF Type-74 Tank), but supposedly just released in October this year!?!?
I think too many things would be wrong with this for a rivet counter, &amp; meh, molded on tools http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/52_52.gif ...

~ Craig ~