RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   I suppose I should introduce myself... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11367887-i-suppose-i-should-introduce-myself.html)

interstates 01-13-2013 07:30 AM

I suppose I should introduce myself...

I've been a lurker here a while now, but I still check in every day.
My name's Larry, and I have a problem.

It's called "Tankeritis", and I'm addicted.
How bad do I have it?
I'm an interstate trucker, and I have a 1/72 Leclerc sitting on the dashboard of my truck.
My favourite movie is Kelly's Heroes.
I just counted all my tanks.
Including the 1/72 static models, I have 32 tanks.

Please help me, there doesn't seem to be a cure for this, but do I really need one?<br type="_moz" />

Panther F 01-13-2013 07:37 AM

RE: I suppose I should introduce myself...

Welcome Larry!

We all maintain our sanity by posting thoughts, builds and questions... right here. So you DO fit in.

I've been here since 2005 so it's a friendly fun place full of experience unmatched anywhere else.

So, when you're ready... show us your stuff! :D

~ Jeff

Cyrill 01-13-2013 07:39 AM

Come on man! If "Tankerity" is a disease, I would rathar get infected. I'm new here. You've got 32 tanks. Wow, that's amazing! Are they made of plastic or metal?

interstates 01-13-2013 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Welcome Larry!

We all maintain our sanity by posting thoughts, builds and questions... right here. So you DO fit in.

I've been here since 2005 so it's a friendly fun place full of experience unmatched anywhere else.

So, when you're ready... show us your stuff! :D

Thanks Jeff.
I've felt a bit strange, on the outer, because my main thing has been 1/24 VS tanks, and this forum seems to be mainly geared towards 1/16.
But, I do have some of the bigger ones too.
A Walker Bulldog, a Pershing, a Jagdpanzer, a Tiger, 2 Tauchpanzers, and a Mato all metal Tiger.

I think the bug has bitten.........

~ Jeff

Rebellion13 01-13-2013 09:01 AM

Welcome, Larry

Tankeritis is nothing to worry about, it is a simple swelling of the turret glands. But if left untreated it can turn you into a tankoholic and tankoholism is not something to take lightly. Here is case and point, my wife and I were out with friends on Friday for dinner and some drinks, I had the urge to check in on this site for new posts with my iPhone.......... That is definately addiction, or as I like to call it dedication. Welcome again

Cheers
Wade

YHR 01-13-2013 09:32 AM

Hi Larry

If there is a cure I don't want it. I am happy being a carrier. As a matter of fact I will spread it as much as I can. I see you have progressed to the highly contagious phase of 1/16. As long as you keep medicating yourself with more 1/16 scale stuff, you can maintain a normal life. However failure to adequately medicate yourself with 1/16 scale, can cause the disease to spread to 1/8 scale or, God help you, larger. IF you let the disease go untreated and the disease manifests itself into the larger scales, then this can have harmful consequences on other parts of your life, affecting relationships and bank accounts. If you can afford the habit, then you may be able to function normally, but if you can't it can cause financial ruin. I understand it is a lot like cocaine where the high is incredible and you feel on top of the world, but to duplicate the feeling is very costly, and going back to the gateway 1/16 scale just won't give you the high again.

harleridr 01-13-2013 09:41 AM

Hi Larry
Welcome aboard. Great guys, lots of info, from here the infection only gets worse. We are trying to spread the epidemic.
Harlea

Green Amphibian 01-13-2013 10:32 AM

Ahh yes... the infection is spreading as planned. Oh, by the way, welcome to our side of the asylum.

Herman

Airbrushler 01-13-2013 10:34 AM

Welcome Larry

there's no cure so you will have to just go with the flow...lol

like to see some pics of your tanks

thecommander 01-13-2013 12:29 PM

Welcome Larry,

T A (not what you think...I'm talking about "Tanker Anonymous") has regular group meeting in Danville Virginia. You need to schedule an appointment.

HAL_HUSKER 01-13-2013 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: interstates

Please help me, there doesn't seem to be a cure for this, but do I really need one?<br type="_moz" />
Hi, Larry, welcome to the "deseased sand-box"!!!
The cure is to join any RCTank Battle(I guess you do have some great clubs in Aistralia) and engage yourselfin building up your favourite RCTank 16th scale...
Here you will find a lot of great "infected" guys and rcu threads will gide you in building up your "champion in rc tank battles"...

CCC2012 01-14-2013 05:34 AM

welcome Larry

Triton-50 01-14-2013 05:37 AM

Wot can I add to such "delectations"?<div> None! welcome aboard! And beware the 1\6 th scale hunger!.. it lurks in every infection!</div><div>You have been warned!</div><div>
</div><div>Lol! Stu</div>

airega1 01-14-2013 06:39 AM

Hey Larry, I was never into tanks and never gave them a second thought or look, until I operated one, a big heavy one, German, maybe a Panza? it was cool as sheet :)