RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Clark TK22 Board Review (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11387042-clark-tk22-board-review.html)

FreakyDude 01-27-2013 08:15 PM

Clark TK22 Board Review

So I finally finished my KT to the point where I can get the electronics in, As I have a TK22 and have been waiting for what seems like forever to get it in and play with the settings etc here is my review on the board
Firstly it will be hard for some people to tell the difference between the TK20 and TK22, from an appearence point of view they are the same but the TK22 has an extra connector bar, don't worry it is a very tiney one with more than 3 pins so you won't plug anything in by m,istake.
As usual the board is top notch with no manufacturing defects, easy to set up as well as long as you can get a jumper. I had none and went to 4 stores before I could find one, I guess sata really has taken over the world.

The servo elevation is the big thing for me and it works like a charm, truly is proportional as well but sensitive. I'll dumb down the settings on my TX and things will be fantastic.
The next thing is momentum and that is what most of you guys care about if I read my e-mails correctly.
From a full out speed I let the stick go and the tank travels aprox 8" farther which from my point of view is pretty real looking as it is far enough to make it actually look like it is slowing but not so quick as to look phony
At slower speeds is when it really looks awesome, at 1/3 throttle it really looks like it is braking. Wish I had a mini hydraulic system to make the front dip but at 19 lbs I want and need the springs to be fairly strong.
I plan on taking more videos with both the servo elevation and momentum but its been a long day.
Here is something to wet the whistle though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO61G...ature=youtu.be

The board can be plug and play but to really get the bang for your buck doing a servo recoil mod and the servo elevation mod is worth it. More video links posted Monday Evening.
The TK22 will be in stock very soon as well

<br type="_moz" />

FreakyDude 01-27-2013 08:42 PM

RE: Clark TK22 Board Review

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a view of the board inside my KT

<br type="_moz" />

Rebellion13 01-27-2013 08:54 PM

This is great news. I am in the market for one of these, which I have read on Clark's site will be available on the 30th. I know I have talked to you about stocking all the necessary hardware (remote,IR,flash LED, tamiya base, and all the cables). Which you stated you would be....will these be available also when the boards come in? I am hoping so as it would save on shipping from two vendors. Thanks for the review. I am really looking forward to getting this in my Sherman.

Cheers
Wade

Airbrushler 01-27-2013 09:03 PM

that recoil is sweet looks pretty cool

Patski 01-28-2013 04:58 AM

I love the sound of it! and the recoil...nothing to do with the Henglong recoil!

FreakyDude 01-28-2013 08:29 AM

Here is the Servo portion of the video. The next up will be the Momentum. I have a Waltersons gearbox in the tank so that is a real treat.<div>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9naIOT_qLk&amp;feature=youtu.be</div>

Captain Nemo12 01-28-2013 09:54 AM

Sounds great! Does this board come with different engine sounds as well? I remember the TK20 having different versions for German, Russian, and American tanks.

tomhugill 01-28-2013 10:14 AM

Yes it will be coming in US, Russian and German flavours.

YHR 01-28-2013 11:30 AM

Does the TK 22 produce bbl elevation sounds when using the servo for elevation??? I have two of the earlier TK 20 boards, and running the servo elevation with these requires you to bypass the TK controller and just have the servo plugged in directly to the RX, which is the same thing I do with the DBC. Just wondering if the TK 22 does something different in this regard?.

FreakyDude 01-28-2013 11:59 AM

do nothing but plug the servo into the clark board and change the setting so that it runs in servo elevatian mode. The elevation sound is there, maybe my playbook didn't capture the sound when I took the video. I heard it though when I did the video.

ORIGINAL: YHR

Does the TK 22 produce bbl elevation sounds when using the servo for elevation??? I have two of the earlier TK 20 boards, and running the servo elevation with these requires you to bypass the TK controller and just have the servo plugged in directly to the RX, which is the same thing I do with the DBC. Just wondering if the TK 22 does something different in this regard?.

Bagheera 01-28-2013 06:45 PM

Do you have any pics/video inside the turret.

Johnny

FreakyDude 01-28-2013 07:38 PM

ahh want to see how i put the servos in eh, yeah I'll post some for you. I basicly did a scratch built interior of the turret but it is all plastic styrene glued or screwed together. I will get them up late tomorrow though, going to have a busy day.

ORIGINAL: Jaws01

Johnny

clarkmodel 01-28-2013 07:41 PM

I do hear manual elevation sound at begging of video.<div></div><div><font size="2">Do you fit IR LED inside gun barrel so gun flash time is very long on video?

<font size="2"><font size="2">Regards,
Clark
</font></font>
</font></div>

reyemmanuel 01-29-2013 06:13 PM

Hi Clark,

Would it be possible to order in a TK22 without engine sounds? Just the MG, Cannon and Reload, Turret traverse and elevation sounds all<span style="font-size: larger;">specific for the <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Leopard 1</span></span>?

I would need to give it a good try and pair up with BenediniTBSmini.

FreakyDude 01-29-2013 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-family: Arial;">As promised here is the photo of my KT interior on the turret, its pretty simple right now, just a box frame and then I made a small box for the elevation servo to sit on. I took some plastic sheet cut a specific width bent it at 90 deg and drilled a hole in it for the servo screws.</span><div style="font-family: Arial;">Then I used flat sheet to stiffen the back and forth movement of the leg the servo is screwed too.</div><div style="font-family: Arial;">I bought aluminum strip today that will replace the plastic now that I know the idea works mint.

Like with everything I do I try to make things out of basic materials. I have the money to buy parts but that isn't why I do this hobby. I scratch most of what I make.

</div>

ORIGINAL: Jaws01

Johnny

Captain Nemo12 02-02-2013 09:08 PM

FreakyDude,

Do you have the Russian (T-34) version of the TK-22 in stock? If so, does the board come with all the necessary connectors?

Thanks!

Nate

Strato50 02-02-2013 09:36 PM

I'd love to see Clark put together a complete IR & wiring 'kit' package. For example, you have a bare-bones tank, just the motors, and require all the connectors (motors, IR, lights, etc)

I fear I'd put together and order and forget a key wire ><

Captain Nemo12 02-03-2013 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Captain Nemo12

FreakyDude,

Do you have the Russian (T-34) version of the TK-22 in stock? If so, does the board come with all the necessary connectors?

Thanks!

Nate
Bump

FreakyDude 02-04-2013 07:42 AM

It is available as a complete package just send me an e-mail or make a note on the order as other people have

Nemo
Yes the other engine versions wuill be stocked, I am a day or two awau from getting them in actually.
Been sick with the flu lately so I haven't got around too much last couple days but am better now. Just waiting for the packages to clear customs

ORIGINAL: Strato50

I'd love to see Clark put together a complete IR &amp; wiring 'kit' package. For example, you have a bare-bones tank, just the motors, and require all the connectors (motors, IR, lights, etc)

I fear I'd put together and order and forget a key wire &gt;&lt;

Captain Nemo12 02-04-2013 08:11 AM

Thanks!

Will the board come with all the female connectors necessary?

FreakyDude 02-04-2013 09:21 AM

Yes I send the female connectors with my boards

ORIGINAL: Captain Nemo12

Thanks!

Will the board come with all the female connectors necessary?

Captain Nemo12 02-04-2013 01:09 PM

Great! Could you perhaps PM me when the boards will be in stock?

clumprider 04-07-2017 04:21 AM

FreakyDude, did you have any issues with your HobbyKing receiver with the Clark board? I cant seem to get power to it without using an additional 6v battery pack connected to the battery slot on the receiver.
Thank in advance
Darren.

clumprider 04-07-2017 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by FreakyDude (Post 11387067)
Here is a view of the board inside my KT

<br type="_moz" />

FreakyDude, did you have any issues with your HobbyKing receiver with the Clark board? I cant seem to get power to it without using an additional 6v battery pack connected to the battery slot on the receiver.
Thank in advance
Darren.

TheBennyB 04-07-2017 08:27 AM

Clumprider, the last post before yours was over 4 years ago. People come and go so the members that were replying on this thread may no longer be active. Just a heads up.

clumprider 04-10-2017 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheBennyB (Post 12324287)
Clumprider, the last post before yours was over 4 years ago. People come and go so the members that were replying on this thread may no longer be active. Just a heads up.

Hi, thanks for the info, knew it was a stab in the dark.
Cheers.