RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Munster Tiger I (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11474373-munster-tiger-i.html)

rivetcounter 04-11-2013 12:29 PM

Munster Tiger I

Munster Tiger I
This is the latest update on the 7th Tiger I, the Tiger has been given the turret number 231 from s.SS.Pz.Abt102 in Normandy this Tiger was commanded by SS Untersturmführer Hans Loritz it was knocked out on the 14th August in Ussy all crew members were killed, there are a few pictures of this Tiger before and after it was knocked out this is one of the few Tigers belonging to this unit which did not have the hull cut-outs for the shackles however this is a fictional turret number for this tank along with its camouflage pattern one also must remember that the hull alone was rebuilt using parts from several tanks ranging from early to late this tank must not be used as any form of reference least ways not as a whole individual parts yes
http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewto...=munster+tiger
http://www.tiif.de/thread.php?thread...0f175cdf88cd9d
http://www.mc-kettenschaden.com/muse...ter/index.html
I have a very rough translation for the last link

Tank Museum Munster Pentecost 2009 `

The Tank Museum is situated in the idyllic beherbegt Ganrnisionsstadt Munster, which has about 18,000 inhabitants. Located in the city is the beautiful Lüneburg Heath, about an hour's drive from Hamburg. Apart from the Heide Park this is another attraction, which the county has to offer. Every year at Pentecost, under the auspices of the Tank Museum and the volunteer organizers Siegfried Rogowski and Thorsten Weger, which, at this point it again gratefully, a military-Model Exhibition on the grounds of the museum conducted. Shown here are models of "finest", which in this regard questions can be answered directly by the national and international high-level team of experts of the exhibitors on site. Average traffic flow of this one about 3500 paying guests will be counted, which are working there, especially the theme of modeling. In addition to numerous exhibitors and traders these days are a guest at the Tank Museum, which provide a wide range of models! Another attraction of a week later held Family Day or "open day" is called, recently here, however, the decline in incentives spührbare reported. Besides these two attractions, there is still the opportunity to make more familiar with individual vehicles. So, set a plan, monthly an exhibit to admire even in the inside. The RAG Reservists Association-Celle is an equally integral part of which is a rotational basis with demonstrations shows RC models for the benefit of the tank museum on several days in the year. Unfortunately, and this criticism should not, however, be missing, other attractions are in extremely short supply. Exhibits which are in a roadworthy condition, are, as in other museums already common in Einahmegründen and thus organically connected group Frequentierungen not demonstrated. So if there are urgent need, just such experience in a dynamic presentation, it remains one of the visit of the WTS Koblenz, the WTD 41 or just the drive to nearby countries.

Tiger I tank museum in Munster

The absolute highlight is the announcement for several weeks now tarpaulin Tiger is still somewhat out of place at the Tank Museum Munster again. A highlight of this exhibit, if only because it gave the world so far only six surviving Tiger I originally once produced 1350 Panzerkampfwagen VI. This tiger is now a new vehicle, one or two more Tigers may currently seem to be still in the development phase. Who built the vehicle ultimately, he knew himself with the matter of the tiger very well! That's really interesting about this vehicle that it is probably possible consists of several tigers different building lots, or composed, a hybrid was so. Parts of the vehicle lower hull and stern clearly indicate an early contract section, part of the edge of a late contract section. The tower also appears to be a relatively late construction lot. The battle chains may be mostly original, which would explain the different wear and battle damage of individual links. The Zimmerit was applied retroactively with a spatula, as the factory hood and parts of the outer trunnion bearing and the vehicle hull had finer structures. Corrosion-related damage to the still point to different kind of storage or localities of the assemblies. Overall the tiger is in a very good condition, despite significant small and medium battle damage.

The top image shows the truly extraordinary exhibit now properly positioned.
S mortars and Feifelsystem

In the picture above can be clearly seen the seats for the Feifel air filter and mortars. The brackets for the air filtration system were installed to Dec. 43 `. The upper part of the rear plate including the tool box and its holder thus has one pan Rüststand about October 43 `.
Feifel Mounts and toolbox

Here you can very well see the pictures of the left side and the tool box.
Bonnet

This shot shows a late engine cover. The closures can be found left and right in front of the handlebars, the engine compartment ventilation is carried round and smooth. Later manufactured vehicles were no longer submerged.
When flank

This form of shackle shots is usually found in late 44'wieder contract sections of the tiger from a production month about January.
When Heck

Here can be seen the low maintenance cover for the external preheating. Also these were used until early 1944. Links to the much earlier produced toolbar is back. This is usually within the vehicle later lots.
When front

When the front displays the images of the features of early or middle shackle construction lot. However, a few late Tigers were equipped with it yet. These were then, however, neither a Geschoßabweiserring and the associated changes to the holders of the onboard equipment, even small 600er idlers.
Rollers

The wheels show partly a composite construction. The arrangement of the screw heads varied between the months of February and April 44 '.
Tower

The tower shows clear features of a late construction lot. Clearly visible is the 4cm turret roof armor which was 44'verbaut from about May Further seen a holder for the two to the crane and the associated executed monukular welded panel.
Kdt dome

The Cdr dome shows to some extent the drainage slots which have been 44'eingeführt from about June.
Stator

In this stator is a stator 600, which has been installed on late contract sections.
Geschoßabweiser

In this picture you can see the Geschoßabweiserring. This was about 44'eingeführt beginning.
Turret hatch

This mount the turret hatch was produced as from March 44 `.

Turret hatch

Here again you can begin to recognize the very late version of the turret hatch mount. At the front armor beneath the spare track links the Zimmerit was omitted on both sides about the size of known Badge.
When roof

This picture shows the arrangement of the late board equipment, which are not executed at all tigers welded mounts the spare track links which act as additional reinforcement for behind it ready ammunition. Below the storage box is located at this tiger no Zimmerit. The hood for ventilation of the driver and radio operator appears to have been remade. The reinforcement of the cable clip shows significant corrosion damage.
ACOG

The muzzle brake shows the typical form of late, as they worde taken from Tiger II.
Rollers

The wheels show quite different corrosion. The chain, however different wear. Interesting are the scuffs on the inner rollers, which is caused by the arrangement of the guide teeth.
Rollers

Different corrosion, wear and battle damage.
Combat Chain

The battle chain also shows different battle damage.
Kwk

Different corrosion and battle damage have also suggests different storage or localities.
Side armor

This picture shows on the right side a shot through, possibly the launching of the actual tiger. Would explain here possibly the composite design of an early and a late construction lot.

Conclusion: Go there ... look ... and really good find!!

sollie 04-11-2013 12:44 PM

RE: Munster Tiger I

I hope to go there this summer with my family :-) .. Also I wanted to try reach Trier, but I see they have no open day for 2013. I really wanted to see the JP. It is my fav clip from the tube

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98L1AbV7iXM&list=FLRNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FFovQ& index=9[/youtube]

that slow aproach is insane....

Ohh. if you are known in the area, can you recommend a camp site, tenting ?

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/8868/4...2840451582.jpg

thanks

rivetcounter 04-11-2013 01:19 PM

When we stay at Munster we stay in the barracks so no need for camping, in this area I have no idea where or if there are any give me a few days I will try to find out

The Panther and Jagdpanther shown running belong to the Bunderswehr, WTD is an army base and only has events every 4 years the last one was last year, Munster also has a Panther A and Jagdpanther though these rarely run I think the last time was more than 5 years ago.

If you come to Munster 18-19 May RAG has a large event with the models at the museum http://www.rag-modellbau.de/128259.html this would be the best time for you to come there are a few guys from Denmark who make the trip each year
Trier is a nice place to visit with a lot of history dating back to the Romans, it’s about 5 hours south of Munster

Panther F 04-11-2013 01:29 PM

Are there anymore photos of the Kanonenjagdpanzer?

The rear view of that 1/8th scale is sweet! :D

~ Jeff

sevoblast 04-11-2013 08:32 PM

Many thanks, Rivet, for the translation! It is my understanding there are more Tigers and Panthers out there in private hands, and some other interesting odds and ends.

rivetcounter 04-14-2013 01:15 PM

In Germany at the end of the war a StugIII was abandoned intact, this Stug was recovered by a farmer who was worried he may get into trouble so he hid the tank first in a barn latter he built a house around the Stug the tank being located in the cellar, the tank was never discussed especially after the war where he would have been in serious trouble whe this man died his sone was left the house that he grew up in and during renovation work on the house discovered a door to the cellar long sealed and was amazed to find the Stug, this is still in private hands

Tanque 04-14-2013 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

In Germany at the end of the war a StugIII was abandoned intact, this Stug was recovered by a farmer who was worried he may get into trouble so he hid the tank first in a barn latter he built a house around the Stug the tank being located in the cellar, the tank was never discussed especially after the war where he would have been in serious trouble whe this man died his sone was left the house that he grew up in and during renovation work on the house discovered a door to the cellar long sealed and was amazed to find the Stug, this is still in private hands

That's a pretty amazing story Riv; were there any photos of this find published anywhere? I'm not questioning the authenticity of the story but rather love to learn more
details. Believe it or not I always wondered if this sort of thing was possible; for someone to have stuffed a tank away somewhere only to resurface decades later.

Jerry

sollie 04-14-2013 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.com-central.net/index.php...topic&p=100351

Very cool story RC . I found this løink over at FB May be an old but it was new to me.

manchu9inf 04-15-2013 10:18 AM

it is still awesome that they rebuilt it! whether it is 100% correct or not, the effort and cost was no doubt substantial!

rivetcounter 04-16-2013 03:23 AM

Jerry, in Germany there are a few tanks and a number of other vehicle’s in private hands though because of German history these are rarely ever seen other than by the chosen few, Herr Flick has a Panther in his collection which has never seen the light of day he’s also rumoured to have a few other vehicle’s but no one knows what they are or won’t say, don’t forget until recently no one knew of the 7th Tiger this has come as a shock even in Germany now people are trying to find out exactly were these parts came from, those in the know are keeping tight lipped.
Next month I’m in Munster and will try and find out more information

manchu9inf 04-21-2013 09:17 AM

Rivet,
Do you happen to know how many re-built Tigers made it combat units? I know from my research that many battle damaged hulls were sent back to Germany for re-builds, some were made into the Sturm Tiger, but how many were re-built as tanks?

Will

rivetcounter 04-21-2013 12:43 PM

At the end of Tiger I production July 44 its known that 54 Tigers were rebuilt from returned Tigers these were a mix often known as the hybrids in August 6 new Tigers were built these were the very last Tiger I, of the July batch there are some known pictures but just about anything could have happened what is known is that most would have had steel wheels though I suspect not all, of earlier Tiger I returns I don’t know a number did end up at Panzer Lehr (Tank training School) for training purposes but all in I have no idea, sorry can’t help with this one