RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Taigen Tanks? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11594072-taigen-tanks.html)

Airbrushler 01-30-2014 11:20 PM

Taigen Tanks?

These seem to cost a lot, don't these things run on HL RX18 Electronics...i don't care if they are the 2.4Ghz that's ok ...But the sound would still be an HL Sound...for the price of these tanks the sound should be amazing but they just use the RX18 right? if i'm wrong let me know. i'd still rather buy a HL and put a Clark Board, have it sound more realistic and paint the tank myself than spend almost $300 and still have a crappy sounding tank

tomhugill 01-31-2014 01:39 AM

Holy pointless rant bat man!! No ones making you buy one, if you have concerns they have an active member on these forums who you would be better directing your concerns to.

Airbrushler 01-31-2014 02:18 AM

there i reduced the wording ...lol not ranting Tom just saying....maybe i should have stated they have these beautiful looking tanks with all the goodies and then you open the hood to have a HL Electronics i would buy one if they were better sounding but not at a much higher price than they are then i would just save for a Tamiya

mcm308 01-31-2014 04:00 AM

Thats why they are starting to offer them in kit form with no electrics so you can install what you wish.

Imex-Erik 01-31-2014 06:05 AM

Well the sounds aren't quite the same. The most recent Leo I got sounded horrible and very tinny. We offer an upgraded speaker than from what HL has as well. So toss those two together and it makes it better. We are looking into options of course as you see with the kit, but others are being explored as well.

tomhugill 01-31-2014 06:32 AM

IMO a collaboration with Clark would be awesome, his hardware isn't too much more expensive than the Taigen 2.4 stuff and is far better.

tinviper 01-31-2014 08:16 AM

Ive been very happy with the tiagen 2.4 ghz system in my early tiger. The sound is pretty good and the radio has excellent control and does everything flawlessly.

Patski 01-31-2014 08:48 AM

I see you point airbrushler, I actually checked the price myself, for some tanks, prices arent bad I think...look at the stug, you get the metal lower which is pretty good, but for the king tiger, you only get the metal package, (tracks gearboxes and drive and idler wheels) for much more then the stug who comes with the complete lower hull in metal...something seems unbalanced...

mcovalsk 01-31-2014 09:08 AM

Talking about sound.
I have two new Leos and HL are using a small but very good speaker, sounds terrific with a PC or MP3 for example however loud with the tank so the problem is the RX-18 no way.
Having working in the electronic industry during 30 years I'm wondering why HL couldn't get a better sound ( although the same) my grandson's toy sound better.
Also the jerk back..... I don't understand really, just if you know something about sound and voices then will realize that they would be something better that the crappy sound HL has, just a 8 inches speaker let me hear a acceptable sound and of course didn’t fit the tank.

SOB Jericho 01-31-2014 10:01 AM

Hello all. First post but Long time reader. I just wanted to add something about the HL and taigen rx units. I currently own HL 27mhz, HL 2.4ghz and Taigen 2.4ghz rx/controller units and there is a difference between all of them, sound and control. The HL 27mhz and 2.4ghz are mostly similar, except for the MG sound and a slightly smoother slow movement turning control in the 27mhz version. The Taigen unit is similar as well but it is by far the smoothest operation at any speed, especially low speed turns. Also the track recoil is much more tame and actually believable. FYI, these were all tested on the same tank for comparison.

fynsdad 01-31-2014 10:09 AM

Does anyone remember the Rx-13 sound, ok it wasn't brilliant but it was 100x better than the 18, why HL changed I'll never know ;)

FreakyDude 01-31-2014 11:59 AM

So here is some questions and where I see Imex/Taigen product
Airbrushler are you still a biased person with an interest to see a different product sell? If so and I believe it to be this way you should mention that.

The Taigen product fits into a whole different category when you are talking about the units with the torsion suspension and or the metal version tanks.
The plastic version tanks for the most part have an increased cost because you need to justify the camo schemes painted on them. Again this is for the non-builder that wants a ready to run. the extra cost isn't that expensive especially when you consider you can't get
a custom paint for less than $100 because there is a lot of work in doing that.
A person shouldn't buy a Tank regardless of brand because of the sound, It may be a mitigating factor but really a person should buy it because you see value in the offering.
Your choice is to buy and paint on your own. That is a fine choice for you but I do think there are many people out there that buy because it is a complete product.You should not slam the purchase choice of others because you can not understand their motives, poor etiquette on your part.
Personally my store supports Taigen and Erik because I see value in what is being offered. It is good product at a price that has value.

jarndice 01-31-2014 12:32 PM

The way I read it is that it is generally recognised that Tamiya make the best, but two downsides are you have to build it yourself (I know some people will say that is not a downside to them) and they are the priciest, Heng Long are very affordable and there is a world full of upgrades available, but at the end it has cost almost as much as the Tamiya just paid for in instalments, then you have the Taigen/Torro much better quality build than the Heng Long and as easy to upgrade although as far as I am concerned a Clark or IBU board is all you need, that makes the Taigen/Torro the winner in price, build, and RTR. shaun

Stince 01-31-2014 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by FreakyDude (Post 11725406)
So here is some questions and where I see Imex/Taigen product
Airbrushler are you still a biased person with an interest to see a different product sell? If so and I believe it to be this way you should mention that.

The Taigen product fits into a whole different category when you are talking about the units with the torsion suspension and or the metal version tanks.
The plastic version tanks for the most part have an increased cost because you need to justify the camo schemes painted on them. Again this is for the non-builder that wants a ready to run. the extra cost isn't that expensive especially when you consider you can't get
a custom paint for less than $100 because there is a lot of work in doing that.
A person shouldn't buy a Tank regardless of brand because of the sound, It may be a mitigating factor but really a person should buy it because you see value in the offering.
Your choice is to buy and paint on your own. That is a fine choice for you but I do think there are many people out there that buy because it is a complete product.You should not slam the purchase choice of others because you can not understand their motives, poor etiquette on your part.
Personally my store supports Taigen and Erik because I see value in what is being offered. It is good product at a price that has value.

I'm sorry Curtis, but the poor etiquette is on your part.

Greg was not slamming or being biased towards Taigen or those who buy them.

In his second post he had stated "they have these beautiful looking tanks with all the goodies and then you open the hood to have a HL Electronics". He was just curious about the electronics and if they had the same sound set as the Heng Long, and if the extra cost of the Taigen tanks is worth it.

Also the fact that you are a seller of Taigen, gives you the biased opinion.

I also agree with Tom, if Taigen and Clark teamed up it would be a killer combination.

Imex-Erik 01-31-2014 01:54 PM

I have talked with all major aftermarket manufacturers personally. Taigen is always looking for a way to lift the bar and the motherboard issue has always been one. We are looking into options and you never know what we will have next. :)
(also sorry about not posting asap, I couldnt get into RCU almost all day)

Airbrushler 01-31-2014 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Stince (Post 11725480)

In his second post he had stated "they have these beautiful looking tanks with all the goodies and then you open the hood to have a HL Electronics". He was just curious about the electronics and if they had the same sound set as the Heng Long, and if the extra cost of the Taigen tanks is worth it.

I also agree with Tom, if Taigen and Clark teamed up it would be a killer combination.

Exactly Thanks Stince

i don't like the HL sound, the Taigen would be a complete tank...nothing to change why do you think we change the electronics when we buy Hl tanks we want a more realistic sounding model what would you want

A) http://splashurl.com/kwgn2hu HL

B) http://splashurl.com/kxkp8gj Clark Board

reyemmanuel 02-01-2014 03:03 AM

Taigen Hull - Clark MFU - Benedini TBS mini - Tamiya speaker would be nice...

FreakyDude 02-01-2014 07:03 AM

Are we reading the same posts?
I always state the fact that I have a biased opinion if in fact I do or I that I have an interest one way or the other. I am honest about this,
Greg was slamming Tiagen by saying their sounds are terrible then he goes on to say that he will paint the tank himself like as if the Taigen wasn't good enough. This post was done in a very poor manner period
my poor etiquette lol did you read the post before or after airbrushler edited it

Originally Posted by Stince (Post 11725480)

Airbrushler 02-01-2014 07:23 AM

in the first post i talk about THE SOUND not about the tank THE SOUND everyone reads what they want to i guess

Airbrushler 02-01-2014 07:40 AM

why would anyone like th sound it's a HL sound i was asking if that was the case and if i was wrong to let me know iin my first post i said the sound sucked i figured the word sucks had offended Tom and was to harse for being in the post so that was the wording i changed i stated my opinion which i have a right to but i was not slamming the tank just the sound and the price as i know with upgrading the electronics the price will go up but they have to still be affordable and as for the painting i don't want to have to buy a tank painted i can paint it myself

YHR 02-01-2014 08:35 AM

People should be allowed to voice their opinion on whatever. That is what the forum has always been about.

I praise IMEX for their distribution scheme, as they are including a profit margin for retailers, and therefor their tanks are more money, As much as consumers may not like it, that is the business fact. People will not bother trying to sell a tank that is problematic and has no profit margin. IMEX has a suggested retail price that is high enough to attract resellers, and offers them support as well. End of story on their higher price.

Hobbyist in the know can assemble what they want for less, but that is not the market IMEX is after.

Luckily as consumers we have a pile of choices.

More and more things are coming down the pipe, and I am not just talking about tank models. The choices are only going to get better.

YHR 02-01-2014 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by fynsdad (Post 11725344)
Does anyone remember the Rx-13 sound, ok it wasn't brilliant but it was 100x better than the 18, why HL changed I'll never know ;)

No Kidding. The RX14 was actually decent, Its motion sounds were as good as Clark, If Heng Long would have used the Sound Cob from the RX14 in the RX 18 we would not have much to complain about.

fynsdad 02-01-2014 08:59 AM

oh, the good ol' days, eh Dan LOL

tomhugill 02-01-2014 12:23 PM

Does anyone have a recording of the rx14 sound?

tomhugill 02-01-2014 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Airbrushler (Post 11726022)
why would anyone like th sound it's a HL sound i was asking if that was the case and if i was wrong to let me know iin my first post i said the sound sucked i figured the word sucks had offended Tom and was to harse for being in the post so that was the wording i changed i stated my opinion which i have a right to but i was not slamming the tank just the sound and the price as i know with upgrading the electronics the price will go up but they have to still be affordable and as for the painting i don't want to have to buy a tank painted i can paint it myself

You missunderstand I wasn't offended, I just thought your post to be pointless whinging that serves no constructive or discernable purpose.