RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   New Features of the HL 6.0 Electronics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11669294-new-features-hl-6-0-electronics.html)

Crius 09-07-2019 12:51 PM

New Features of the HL 6.0 Electronics

Some impressive stuff here, like turning the lights on/off from the TX, varying levels of track recoil, and more.

Rebellion13 09-08-2019 09:04 AM

Nice review. If I may ask where did you buy your tank from? I have seen some 6.0 versions listed at various places mostly eBay... just wondering. I really like the new smaller “apple” and I have been looking to see if anyone offers just the ir receiver but to no avail.... it is just really discreet

Cheers,
Wade

Crius 09-08-2019 11:11 AM

Got it from toucanhobby.

Melbourne0 09-11-2019 07:10 AM

Thanks for posting this. Looks like I may need to upgrade some of my older HL to 6.0.

-Mike

Crius 09-11-2019 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Melbourne0 (Post 12549538)
Thanks for posting this. Looks like I may need to upgrade some of my older HL to 6.0.

-Mike

You might want to hold off for a bit on that. The 6.1 is now out and it has even more features, including a smoking Barrel after you fire your Cannon.

Scaleman3 09-11-2019 08:18 AM

Hey Crius,

Do you know which tanks have the 6.1? ETA? Where did you see or hear this?

Thanks

Crius 09-11-2019 02:38 PM

So far all I've seen it in is the Abrams in a video that's posted on another forum. Go to eBay and search heng long 6.1

when I did that it showed me the mfu for sale and it clearly says on the front TK 6.1

Crius 09-11-2019 02:45 PM

Jump to 2:23 and watch what the man does. You'll see airsoft, barrel recoil, and smoke comes out the end of the barrel. HL is really upping their game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUV...c#action=share

It's also IR and will take and receive hits from a Tamiya tank, but it doesn't have simulated battle damage so is still pretty much useless for club battles.

Crius 09-11-2019 02:57 PM

Here's a link to a TK 6.1 on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Henglong-1-...sAAOSwz4ZdI~NB

I won't be buying one unless it comes in a new tank. I'll most likely keep the Cheetah just as she is and add only external stuff like paint and weathering. I do like the system, though, and for an airsoft tank it will serve me well. I may consider ungrading my Sherman, later, but it's a low percentage possibility. It's also nice to know any future airsoft Heng Long tanks will also have the IR feature. I know it's just stock, but the Taigen IR system serves me well and it's a lot of fun in the back yard. Too bad taigen and Heng long won't be compatible.

Scaleman3 09-12-2019 10:21 AM

Thanks for the links, looks good, will being getting one when I see 6.1 in a new tank.

Crius 09-12-2019 10:25 AM

As far as I know, right now it's only available in the Abrams, but I'm sure that will change. I think they have to install an extra smoke unit in the turret for the gun. Some of the smaller tanks might not have the space. And their recoil is still messed up. The barrel starts drawing backwards and when the cannon fires in snaps forward. Very unrealistic.

Scaleman3 09-12-2019 10:25 AM

Hey Crius,

Thanks for the links, looks good, will be getting one when I see the 6.1 in a new tank.

Tanque 09-12-2019 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12549856)
.......And their recoil is still messed up. The barrel starts drawing backwards and when the cannon fires in snaps forward. Very unrealistic.

That jumped out at me. Not even close. I can tolerate a little timing issues with features like this but no this doesn't work for me. Smoking tanks has never been a hot button for me
anyway as I've yet to see many that look realistic, though in fairness there have been a few. The smoking gun thing in my mind gives them a C for effort but execution... well
they might need to re-engineer that recoil part. Overall it is nice to see HL improving their stuff as it shows they want to remain competitive. Bringing new functionality to market isn't
by a trivial effort.

Jerry

Scaleman3 09-12-2019 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12549545)
You might want to hold off for a bit on that. The 6.1 is now out and it has even more features, including a smoking Barrel after you fire your Cannon.

The only tank I found with 6.1 is the M1A2 Abrams 3918-1 on E-bay, maybe there doing 1 at a time so people can sell out there stock first?

Scaleman3 09-12-2019 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12549856)
As far as I know, right now it's only available in the Abrams, but I'm sure that will change. I think they have to install an extra smoke unit in the turret for the gun. Some of the smaller tanks might not have the space. And their recoil is still messed up. The barrel starts drawing backwards and when the cannon fires in snaps forward. Very unrealistic.

With possibly having to add a smoke unit in the turret and a new 6.1 MFU that would be just shy of $100.00 for both with Tx. I think waiting for a whole new/old tank would have to be the way to go. Besides I can't find the smoker for the barrel or the 6.1 by itself nor do I know if it would fit or even work in an older Leopard 2.

afv aficionado 09-12-2019 02:31 PM

"Besides I can't find the smoker for the barrel or the 6.1 by itself "
Hopefully it's not an indication of the electronics giving their all?

Mal

Crius 09-12-2019 03:28 PM

Not sure the turret smoke unit is on the market. Here's another video and this one has a couple quick shots of the turret smoke unit. I also like the aluminum lower in this one. The folks at heng long have really upped their game. I think the 6.1 has provisions for a future GBS unit the barrel. I still wish they'd fix that recoil. All the taigen/torro IR tanks have recoil that function properly, a quick recoil, and slower return to battery. Anyway, here's another video.

Crius 09-12-2019 03:31 PM

This is the same video as the link above, but they won't let me edit that post. I have no idea why.

tankme 09-12-2019 06:53 PM

They have stepped it up. I have that hull and it is nice. I posted it some weeks back.

Scaleman3 09-13-2019 12:20 PM

Turret Smoker

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12549907)
Not sure the turret smoke unit is on the market. Here's another video and this one has a couple quick shots of the turret smoke unit. I also like the aluminum lower in this one. The folks at heng long have really upped their game. I think the 6.1 has provisions for a future GBS unit the barrel. I still wish they'd fix that recoil. All the taigen/torro IR tanks have recoil that function properly, a quick recoil, and slower return to battery. Anyway, here's another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Rgl9roi5XNY

Yep, the smoker is there, round little thing that shoots that puff thru the barrel, cute way to load it thru the hatch, HL has uped their game for sure, now a little tweaking and they'll catch more tankers.

Scaleman3 09-18-2019 01:37 PM

Looks like if you want a Leopard 2A6 with the 6.1 MFU and recoil barrel with smoke it might be a while.

maillemaker 09-19-2019 10:43 AM

smoke comes out the end of the barrel.
Gawd I love this!
I'm a lone tanker so IR battles are nothing to me. The BB shooting was cool at first and I still do it every time I run the tank but mostly I'm just littering my yard with little BBs. :) I need to get the biodegradable ones.

Steve

Scaleman3 09-26-2019 09:21 AM

Hl 6.1 mfu

Any update on the 6.1 MFU's?

Crius 09-26-2019 09:49 AM

They're available now in the premium Abrams, and I believe they're going to also do that to the leopard. How many times past those two they'll install it, I have no idea, but hopefully all their tanks will start coming with the 6.1 Electronics. I'm kind of tempted to buy another 6.0 just to try out the new IR battle system.

Crius 09-26-2019 09:50 AM

If you just want the MFU, I've already seen that for sale on eBay. Just do a search for heng long 6.1