RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Mato does good! :) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/7605510-mato-does-good.html)

dyeager535 06-10-2008 10:15 PM

Mato does good! :)

So I bought a IIIH from Mato a few months back. Posted up here that the tracks seemed really tight, but didn't get any spare links with the metal track set.

Emailed Mato a few weeks back, got a response that they were out of them, but would send them when they were back in stock.

Sure enough, yesterday, package from Mato...5 spare metal track "links" w/pins, and 5 additional spare pins.

Not bad, although of course shipping for the tank was a killer. Still, nothing but good things to say about Mato or the tank and components they sent me. All functions as it should, and even though I was missing the spare links, I could still run it out of the box.

Just thought I'd put this out there, not often enough a company is lauded for good customer service.

Thanks Mato.

papadave 06-11-2008 12:15 AM

RE: Mato does good! :)

Glad to hear good stuff about Mato. Thinking of ordering from them. Can you tell me what you had to pay for postage to get it to you? Thanks in advance! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

The_Stuff 06-11-2008 12:57 AM

i have noticed he dose allot of little things to make it all good again.

astroboycp 06-11-2008 01:02 AM

Good to hear they are picking up on their service.

dyeager535 06-11-2008 09:08 AM

$39.00 is what they charged me for shipping on the tank.

Cost them just under $2 to ship me the spare track pieces.

papadave 06-11-2008 09:38 AM

Hey! Thanks for your fast reply. For some reason, can't get into the cart and check out and it won't recognize my password. I will have to figure that out. Thanks again...Papadave

Leon01 06-11-2008 10:18 AM

Heck I just emailed Mato also. Both myt tiger and panzer 3 bind somewhat because there really is not enough links in the tracks they sent me out. Hope the will mail me some extra links to.

Thanks dyeager535 for the heads up on that. I know my panzer 3 and Tiger both have no slack or play at all in the tracks which I know on the tiger is not right.

Keep you guys informed if they keep up the good service.

wackywheelz 06-11-2008 11:11 AM

Tiger in stock form has no slack when new, but over time it "gives" a little. One single link extra per side makes a heck of a difference, you really only "need" half a link (to give it the proper slack)

Leon01 06-11-2008 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I should of payed more attention when I ordered the metal Tiger tracks. They show 2 photos the black ones give your tank the right look the silver ones seem to have no slack. The only problem is when you order you can't choose so you better just know I guess you could get either set. I think Mato will still send me out a couple of links for the silver set. At lest I hope.

swathdiver 06-11-2008 03:56 PM

It doesn't matter which color. None give any slack when new.

It takes about 8-10 hours of running for them to start to slacken up. Of course, you can add adjustable idlers and keep adjusting them as the tracks age to the correct tension at all times.

dima5 06-14-2008 12:13 PM

I must say Mato has improved their order processing and shipping. I put an order in for the metal track upgrade for the Pz IV on 6/7 and received the order on 6/12.Shipping was kinda' high. I've ordered from them in the past, it would take a week or two. Bravo! to Mato.

smittyrob 06-15-2008 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Tiger with metal tracks from Mato came with too much slack. I had to remove one link each side. There was slack behind the idlers and tracks were resting on the first roadwheels.

tiger rampage 07-07-2008 09:23 PM

I just recieved my order from Mato, I purchased the Matorro Tiger I and the Matorro King Tiger new camo. They gave me a good discount on both, they charged me 79.00 dollars for the Tiger I and 149.00 for the King Tiger. Shipping was 45.00 through UPS for both which was a savings of 90.00. They also sent me replacement batteries for my Sturmtiger which is 9.6 volt for 9.50 each and sent them free shipping with my S+S desert HL Tiger I. Way to go Mato!:D

swathdiver 07-07-2008 11:18 PM

Looks like a great deal! I think you're one of the first if not the first to get a Matorro Tiger I. Many of us would like to see one close up. If you get a chance to take pictures and post them that would be great!

Gex 07-08-2008 08:40 AM

I wish I would have ordered from mato instead of the outfit I did buy from (but my vs tank from them was A-OK), my bulldog came in pieces [&o]....muzzle brake was shattered, a ton of the little attatchments like tools and so on were busted off and the entire right track had come off due to a broken track link. [:o] It's all easily repairable, but it's just frustrating. So much for running it out of the box.

blitzkrieg65 07-08-2008 11:00 AM

Mato is good, but if you live in the US buy from RCScalemodel, if he has your tank you want, he test everything he sells, and shipping is cheaper! Mato cannot do that, they are just too big! But they have a good selection and a little more product to offer and do the best they can!

The Blitz