Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

pullstart on wasp .28 PRO

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Morris1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pullstart on wasp .28 PRO

I have a mugen mbx5-t with a Orion Wasp .28 PRO. Its setp up to be started with a starter box, but i only bash with it and i want to switch to pullstart. Starter boxes IMO are not really convenient unless your racing.

So could anyone gimme a link to a pull start and anything else id need to switch it over?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:52 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pullstart on wasp .28 PRO

you will have to buy a new crank from a Picco 28 pullstart...about $100.00......then you need the backplate, OWB, OWB shaft and either a pull or roto start......pretty spendy conversion
Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Morris1

Bah... all that just to convert to pullstart? cant be bothered to spend that much when im gettin ready to buy a baja 5sc

Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Morris1

oh and btw supertib, when youstartedor tried to startyour pro .28 was it really really tight? like tighter than most new engines
Old 05-14-2011, 11:47 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Morris1

oh and btw supertib, when you started or tried to start your pro .28 was it really really tight? like tighter than most new engines

those ones were really tight yes......they take forever to loosen up....expect pinch well past 3 gallons if you take care of it.......compression will last what seems like forever as well.....the engine wont even start to perform till about 2 gallons into its life....
Old 05-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Hoese37

'm wondering which version of the Wasp you have. Is it black case / red head, or blue case / silver head?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Morris1

black case silver head...not the crappy blue one.

one more question supertib, any pointers on getting it started? my bump box will barely even turn it over and most the time it wont...Ive tried using a heat gun to no avail
Old 05-14-2011, 03:43 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Morris1

black case silver head...not the crappy blue one.

one more question supertib, any pointers on getting it started? my bump box will barely even turn it over and most the time it wont...Ive tried using a heat gun to no avail

Send it up to me to be modified...! I will hand lap the piston and it will breakin like a breeze for ya !

but seriously get some heat in the engine, loosen the plug and try to start it...be sure your starter wheel is lined up perfectly...i mean remove the engine and be sure 100% the starter wheel is not rubbing the chassis...99% of the time a persons box wont start an engine is because the starter wheel is not lined up correctly...the only way to be 100% sure it is lined up is to remove the engine.....Also what starter box are you using, and what batteries powering it ?

Old 05-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Morris1

just a regular ofna 1/8 scale starter box. I tried using some batteries that were off brand that i payed like 20 bucks a piece for at the LHS. 7.2v and they just werent gettin the job done so I run the leads to a spare battery laying in the basement when I wanna use it.