Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC8T FT CE OR Hot Bodies D8T

hi guys i just wanted to know what will be best truggy for handling and take abit of a bump when racing
    i am looking to return to nitro racing and i like to know what the pros and cons for these two truggys
    how do they compare to each other and the track we race on got big jumps and it half grass and rest lose dirt
    RC8T FT CE
    Pros
    Cons
    Hot Bodies D8T
    Pros
    Cons

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC8T FT CE OR Hot Bodies D8T

Either truggy will treat you right, what kind of support for either do you have in your area
    My pros and cons are only based on watching one of the guys I race with and driving his truck from time to time its the CE with some little mods and goodies
    Pros: Holds up very well, wear is good, and has tons of setup options
    Cons: Just a little heavy but that doesnt hurt on the loose stuff also you can always switch back to carbon fiber shock towers
    D8T is based on mine that I have raced this past winter season and until now in the summer
    Pros: pretty much a losi 2.0 with extra weight, or at least it feels like it to me, on a track with a lot of traction its pretty much a touring car on dirt, parts are dirt cheap, the majority of the plastic parts dont wear too bad
    Cons: Those dirt cheap parts add up because it does take maintenance doesnt matter who you are, the cvd joints must be watched closely and heat shrink works wonders
    Hot Bodies = 1/2 price and 2 x the performance
    D8T- Nitrotec R21
    D8 Hara- Dynamite Red Head

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chaserogesr14

Either truggy will treat you right, what kind of support for either do you have in your area
    My pros and cons are only based on watching one of the guys I race with and driving his truck from time to time its the CE with some little mods and goodies
    Pros: Holds up very well, wear is good, and has tons of setup options
    Cons: Just a little heavy but that doesnt hurt on the loose stuff also you can always switch back to carbon fiber shock towers
    D8T is based on mine that I have raced this past winter season and until now in the summer
    Pros: pretty much a losi 2.0 with extra weight, or at least it feels like it to me, on a track with a lot of traction its pretty much a touring car on dirt, parts are dirt cheap, the majority of the plastic parts dont wear too bad
    Cons: Those dirt cheap parts add up because it does take maintenance doesnt matter who you are, the cvd joints must be watched closely and heat shrink works wonders

I agree the Hot bodies is quite stout... But so is the AE car....... From my observations the Hotbodies is likely going to be a easier car for a novice to go fast with.....They are a pretty forgiving on the track....They are durable and affordable to maintain..As well they are pretty easy to work on, and seem to be forgiving on setup.......So in this contest I would suggest the Hot Bodies..
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One thing to keep in mind about AE is that parts are everywhere and easy to come by and cheap. AE has so many 1/8 scale models, and lots of parts interchange. RC8, RC8B, RC8E, RC8BE, RC8T, RC8TE, RC8T CE, SC8, SC8E - all these models are out there, and so are lots of parts for them..

If you're talking the RC8T CE, it shares lots of parts with the RC8B. And I'm pretty sure the diffs on ALL the above cars are the same. So are quite a few other parts..

Just a thought.. I haven't run the HB, but some guys have complained about the quality of the fit and finish..

I also believe the RC8T CE comes with tires, which is a plus..(most pro kits don't..)
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.