Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

ofna jammin truggy questions

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

ofna jammin truggy questions

Old 08-21-2011, 04:54 PM
e.hilky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna jammin truggy questions

i heard something back in the day about the diferences between the crtx1 and the crtx2. can anyone one touch on these once more for me, also someone said that you can convert over from x1 to x2 by switching the chassis and the diffs or something like that. can anyone confirm this, and if so any benifits? anyone ever tried this? thanks for the help again.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: ofna jammin truggy questions

I believe amain hobbies sells the conversion as a kit....Search for it and in the product details it will list what you get.  It includes everything needed to convert from X1 to X2
Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 PM
jmaxey51

no conversion kit for truggy, only buggy.

but all you need to convert is spur, ring and pinion gears, chassis, tank, chassis braces, radio tray, front and rear center drive shafts.... everything else bolts on and are the same... might want to get the X2 center diff mount too, it works better, and eliminates the spacers.... i did the conversion right when the X2 CRT came out off ebay, and spent like 150 bucks. just was patient about it. but now you can buy a slightly used X2 for about 150 bucks. i sold mine for 200 i think about 2 years ago.

also if i remember right, on the diffs, the gears in the inside that cross, the X1 says one shim on each, on the X2 for some reason needs 2 on each gear. you can run 1 but the internal gears will strip after about 5 gallons. just something i learned running jammin.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
worstluck

imo its more than its worth if you want to keep it nitro. i have converted my x1 to an e-x2 using the tekno kit. all i needed was the center diff mount and plastic spur. i left the original gearing on the front and rear (x2 has a different ratio and are spiral cut), just geared down on the pinion.