Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

which engine?????

Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
colossus281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which engine?????

Hi guys im going to be getting a new engine. But im stuck between two engines. I could use some help and opinion. Its going in a 8ight t 2.0 and i will be racing at my local track. What engine should I get? The Team Orion Alpha .24 Truggy Engine or the or O.S. Engines .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: which engine?????

I wouldn't get either. I had the Alpha .24, and found it overpriced for what it is. Lots of people love VSPEC's, but I am wary. I have seen several die early deaths at races. They had a very bad reputation for having bad conrods..

If you're on a budget, I would highly recommend an Argus A52 with 0801 pipe. GREAT value-for-money. I'm currently breaking one in now, and I really like it. It has a lot of pinch, so you have to preheat it before starting during break-in, but it runs great once warm, and is very easy to tune. With the 0801 it has great power too, AND good run times..

I would also take a Werks B5 for ex. with 2013 or 2058 pipe over your two choices.

Argus A52, Alpha A852 or S852, Go GXII, Werks B5.. Those are the ones I'd be looking at for truggy. Oh yeah, the Alpha .23 would be way up high on my list too..
Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A352 is the 23 Alpha..
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: colossus281

Hi guys im going to be getting a new engine. But im stuck between two engines. I could use some help and opinion. Its going in a 8ight t 2.0 and i will be racing at my local track. What engine should I get? The Team Orion Alpha .24 Truggy Engine or the or O.S. Engines .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T thanks

Your at high altitude I wouldn't use either engine........ both will be lacking power for a Truggy IMO.........
Old 10-07-2011, 03:01 AM
colossus281

I was trying to get one before the season ended. But i will just wait and get something nice. @Neal what would you go with? In the $350 range
Old 10-07-2011, 03:16 AM
supertib

I was trying to get one before the season ended. But i will just wait and get something nice. @Neal what would you go with? In the $350 range

Mod OS 25....I have guys in NM doing very well with that engine..........or spend a little more for mod Novarossi Bonito.......
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 AM
supertib

or if your looking for a budget screamer check out the modified Argus A52 engine...has all kinds of power.....priced at $225.00 and can be setup for high altitude...and can easily be upgraded with a Nova or OS carb...
Old 10-07-2011, 03:50 AM
supertib

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2mcK8J1fMg&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 AM
colossus281

I want the nova but everybody says no need to spend that much for racing at my local track. I know a guy with one of you os 25 he loves it. I just want the best engine for me.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 AM
colossus281

I did get used to the power from my losi 454 just wanting less on bottom and more on top what would be equal to it in power but with more run time?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 AM
jmaxey51

Stock Alpha A352 (.23) with 2081 pipe ....
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
colossus281

Where can I buy One
Old 10-07-2011, 07:26 AM
supertib

I did get used to the power from my losi 454 just wanting less on bottom and more on top what would be equal to it in power but with more run time?

the Argus of mine will beat that 454 like a red headed step child !!! it will do exactly what you are looking for.......... Novarossi are amazing engines, super stable and super reliable, expensive but worth the money IMHO........
Old 10-07-2011, 07:57 AM
colossus281

[quote]ORIGINAL: supertib

the Argus of mine will beat that 454 like a red headed step child !!! it will do exactly what you are looking for.......... Novarossi are amazing engines, super stable and super reliable, expensive but worth the money IMHO........
[/quote

I think if i get one from you it would be the b5 I really like the torque and horsepower curve on that engine and its $299 what pipe did you use to get that power band that shows on your website for that motor?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 AM
supertib

[quote]ORIGINAL: colossus281

ORIGINAL: supertib

[/quote

I think if i get one from you it would be the b5 I really like the torque and horsepower curve on that engine and its $299 what pipe did you use to get that power band that shows on your website for that motor?

on the B5 the 2013 is the pipe you will want to run in Truggy at your altitude...

Old 10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
albuquerqueNitro

I want the nova but everybody says no need to spend that much for racing at my local track. I know a guy with one of you os 25 he loves it. I just want the best engine for me.
Thats probably me Who is this? If you want to try out my Clocked 25xz, just hit me up at the track...Id be more than happy to let you try it out!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:16 PM
colossus281

This is Sam you jose?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:37 PM
colossus281

Hay neal if i got the nova Bonito what pipe should i go with?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:44 PM
albuquerqueNitro

That would be me...

This is Sam you jose?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
colossus281

I know it would be you where were you for the last race? You missed my serval freezing at full throttle and over revving my engine and blowing a rod lol
Old 10-08-2011, 06:53 PM
albuquerqueNitro

I would definitely say get the Clocked 25xz because I like mine so much and it has served me very well...But, for selfish reasons I hope you get the Clocked Bonito because is looks like a beast in the videos and I am dying to line my 25 up against one to see whats up on the track... Only because im kicking around the idea of getting one too Those are the only two engines on the planet occupying space in my brain! As far as my Clocked 25 goes though, I can honestly say that I have not ran against another engine that has been able to out pull or out muscle my Clocked 25! Not on the straights and not out of the turns! But, I have met a few racers who can outdrive me lol..

Hay neal if i got the nova Bonito what pipe should i go with?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:56 PM
albuquerqueNitro

I ended up going to church instead Ive been missing entirely too much church with our races always being on Sunday's..But, I may show up tomorrow... If Ido it will be my last race for the year though and next year I will be traveling more to hit some of the bigger races in hopes of picking up some sponcership....

I know it would be you where were you for the last race? You missed my serval freezing at full throttle and over revving my engine and blowing a rod lol
Old 10-08-2011, 07:05 PM
colossus281

Ya casey peck lol i mite go when I get out of church tomorrow you & me in the same boat I wish they would do some races saturday afternoon oh well if I go and if you go see you tomorrow
Old 10-08-2011, 07:09 PM
albuquerqueNitro

BTW, if you invest into an engine from Neil at ClockWorkRacing make sure that you also invest into a top notch servo for your throttle! You have the RTR 2.0 right? If so those stock servos kinda suck and your not going to want to risk it with a Clocked engine... I use a Hi-Tech 7940 for my throttle and haven't had 1 single issue with it... On the bright side, winter is almost here and you'll be able save up for everything you'll be needing for next season.. Going through Neil for an engine is a very smart decision, top shelf engine builder and his customer service is second to none..Just make sure you brush your teeth before the race, cuz your gonna be smiling from ear to ear all day

Old 10-08-2011, 07:15 PM
albuquerqueNitro

Yea something about that guy just made me nervous lol, and my nerves caused me to make a few mistakes in the A-Main in which Itook 7th out of 12.. But, in the B-Main Ihad no nerves and blew everyones doors by a lap and a half and took 1st My nerves were understandable though because Casey Peck is the first big time racer that ive ever been on the track with...Its all good, next time my nerves wont be so bad...Next year is a new year and im confident in my rapidly growing skills.

Ya casey peck lol i mite go when I get out of church tomorrow you & me in the same boat I wish they would do some races saturday afternoon oh well if I go and if you go see you tomorrow