Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Serpent S811 Cobra-T or the Mugen MBX6T M-Spec

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Serpent S811 Cobra-T or the Mugen MBX6T M-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
sirlordraven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serpent S811 Cobra-T or the Mugen MBX6T M-Spec

hey guys i am oh most at end of the season of raceing and i am switching brand what i was thinking what would be good for a low grip dirt track i came down to two truggys Serpent S811 Cobra-T or the Mugen MBX6T M-Spec
could yours give me the pros and cons on both theses truggy to see what suit the low grip dirt track thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 03:20 PM
pigpen1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Serpent S811 Cobra-T or the Mugen MBX6T M-Spec

tires tires tires and suspension setup
Old 11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
sirlordraven

how about handleing and durable have you try both see which one handle abit better and parts wsie too
Old 11-17-2011, 09:31 PM
jmaxey51

mugen all the way... driven serpent and worked on setup for a friend, we would get it working one day then go to a different track, and start over. also, it was loose or it pushed. and didnt work well in rough. he ended up selling it and went back to mugen.

mugen has more traction then any truggy, ive been loosening up alot (far off mspec setup) and it turns like a buggy but more stable. just buy extra front arms or boil them ... ive never broken an arm but others have. my dad is a sportsman driver and crashed alot, we boiled his arms and he never broke one and had some hard hits. i run pro and havent broken one either. ... also, when you get the truggy, check the shimming on the ring and pinion gears, they should be a little bit notchy (NO play at all) and let them break in.

hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:44 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sirlordraven

how about handleing and durable have you try both see which one handle abit better and parts wsie too

I have both...Serpent is miles more durable..has better traction, accelerates faster, jumps much better, does better on a rough loose track...Mugen is sharper on the high grip, slightly more nimble, easier to work on...Serpent has a better fuel tank, but I find the Mugen to be less maintenance in general.... IMO the Serpent's biggest advantage is durability , we break Mugen arms soo much at our track that we had to cange the layout so the Mugen guys could finish a race...We almost had half the club walk away as the track was killing the Mugens....... Now our track is Mugen friendly LOL.....but if your after taking big air the Serpent smokes the ass off the Mugen, its more predictable and can take a bad landing without breaking... ..........This is not hearsay, I actually own both vehicles and have hundreds of track hours on each one......