Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

carb stuck wide open

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:05 PM
smokinrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb stuck wide open

So I got my MG10, so far Ive flooded the engine twice, looked at Youtube and worked how out to fix that. Ive taken off the air filter and the gap is 1mm maybe 2mm. Okay so I bought a new Glowplug, O.S Glow Plug No.8 Medium.

Okay so it was running fine, had it working well, although if left to idle it stalled.

I accidently left the glow plug in and it shot off, throttlw wide open into a gutter, broken bumper and now the throttle is stuck wide open? Whats up with that and it wont come back?

I attacheda picture of the assembly and throttle.

All help appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90220.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1702400  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: carb stuck wide open

What radio are you using? If it's an RTR AM one, you need to be real careful with the glow ignitor when you put it on and off, not to clatter it around into all the metal on the car, the metal to metal contact will make interference and may cause a runaway. This is rare though, you might have just been unlucky.

As for the carb being stuck, give it a gentle tap with the handle of a screwdriver. I'm sure the servo just pulled it so hard it's jammed.