Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Spoked Truggy wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoked Truggy wheels?

For your "normal" sized 1/8 truggy wheels, who makes spoked versions? I see the dish style for the most part, but I prefer a spoked wheel design. Any suggestions?

I'm currently running JConcepts Rulux half-ups (3.7" diameter wheels), and their tires. Tires are wearing down, would like to try another brand of tire.

It seems my spoked options are limited, as are tire options if I stick with the 3.7" JConcepts wheels. (For example, ProLine only offers their VTR 4.0" ID tires for 1/8 truggy that I can see, and only dish style VTR wheels).

Thoughts/suggestions?

I'm trying to peruse the Losi options, but they don't seem to like listing wheel/tire dimensions. [&:] Ideally I'd stick with the JConcepts wheel and find a nice solid tire to fit, but am having trouble with that.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:01 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spoked Truggy wheels?

J-cocepts had spoked wheels....However I stopped running them as I kept cracking the spokes...... doing what we do with our truggies it seems only the dish wheels survive ! even them we still crack the odd dish wheel going off the jumps like we do....
Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spoked Truggy wheels?

Yeah, I've heard things along those lines about dish wheels being more durable. Still, I don't have issue with my spoked ones yet (maybe I'm easier on it) - so I still want to continue with them.