Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Inferno Neo ST vs Thunder Tiger ST-1 - for bashing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Kyosho Inferno Neo ST vs Thunder Tiger ST-1 - for bashing

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 PM
1ne8ighty2wo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Inferno Neo ST vs Thunder Tiger ST-1 - for bashing

I'm looking to get back into the nitro world and I'm looking to pick up a truggy for bashing. My price range is around $450, and I know that's pretty low for many truggies out there. Right now, I'm looking at the Kyosho Inferno Neo ST and the Thunder Tiger ST-1. They're both right in my price range so I'm looking for some community input if you think one is better than the other. I'm mainly looking for durability and parts support (although, ideally, I'd like one durable enough to not need parts very often). Neither of these are at my LHS, which only stocks XTM, some Traxxas and some HPI. Any input in much appreciated!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:20 PM
stona

Default RE: Kyosho Inferno Neo ST vs Thunder Tiger ST-1 - for bashing

I don't know anything about those 2....but a little googling and it looks like the Inferno NEO ST is relatively new. Take a look here:http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ce-basher.html
Just because it's fairly new I would avoid it and see how things pan out, what commonly breaks etc. Seems like the thunder tiger is a little more proven of a model...though it looks to be older. Here's a big thread on it if you haven't seen it already:http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4416588/tm.htm

Any particular reason why you don't want to go for a used RC? It will open up more 1/8 truggy models to your price range.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:03 PM
kawpow321

i own a ST1 and durable is an understatement only ever had to replace gastank and that was my fault had it to close to the muffler. but the kyosho is also a nice rig id say its probbably more for the trackthan theST1but id have to see it to beleive that its more durable than the ST1!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:18 AM
wrapter

The ST-1 is the better basher its proven platform,which is why the majority of the parts are used in the MT4-G3 monster truck.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 PM
szewang2805
Banned

The ST-1 is the better [link=http://www.hobbyhot.com/HOBBYWING-XERUN-Series/][/link]