Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi Ten T Steering Servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:08 AM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Ten T Steering Servo

The OEMsteering servo on my Losi Ten T died so I am replacing it. I bought the same OEM servo on advice of my LHS. The bolts that anchor the front of the servo to the upper frame screw into a small plastic piece that is separate from the frame and falls out when you remove the old bolts. Has anyone ever replaced the steering servo in a Ten T and have a simple solution to putting that smallplastic piece back without taking apart the entire front end of this Truggy? Thanks.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi Ten T Steering Servo

Well, since no one answered, I will give you my solution. The ONLY way to do this is to take a pair of hobby tweezers and pick up the part with them and then secure the piece by wrapping a rubber band around the tweezers. This allows you to put the part in with out having to hold the tweezers really hard. You can then manuever the part into place. I gave up after a two hour fight with this thing on the first day after changing out the servo. I then bought the tweezers from my LHS and after using this "rubber band" method, I had the part installed in 2 minutes!! Live and learn. Hope this helps someone else.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Losi Ten T Steering Servo

Loads of kits have these kinds of problems, glad you found a workaround. I'm always looking for shortcuts like that to avoid stripping unnecessary sections of a model.