Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Ansmann Terrier

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:45 AM
UberHawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ansmann Terrier

I was wondering if anyone had this and if it was an alright starter truggy.
It is the only truggy that my LHS stocks.
I am mainly looking for bashing.
Thanks.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:03 AM
mogi

Default RE: Ansmann Terrier

i would get something else from an online store,buy an established brand that you can get it and spares from an online store,jammin,ofna,losi,mugen,thunder tiger,caster,kyosho, the list is endless,i have no experience with ansmann but thats cos i dont know anybody who has bought one.hope this helps.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:07 AM
UberHawk

I wish I could get something from an online store but my parents wont let me.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:14 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: UberHawk

Thanks for the reply.

ansmann or w/e its called is a NO NAME knock off .....unfortunatly if you cant buy online and thats all your LHS stocks.......find another LHS that actually deals with Hobby grade companies and go from there.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Echelon

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

Thanks for the reply.

ansmann or w/e its called is a NO NAME knock off POS.....unfortunatly if you cant buy online and thats all your LHS stocks......your SoL...find another LHS that actually deals with Hobby grade companies and go from there.
If you don't know a brand, it doesn't mean it's not hobby grade. Yes this brand is Hobby grade. It's from Europe. Learn your stuff...

But yeah it is rubbish. Get a decent branded Truggy. You will have more fun and break less, with a good one.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:10 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Echelon

Thanks for the reply.

ansmann or w/e its called is a NO NAME knock off POS.....unfortunatly if you cant buy online and thats all your LHS stocks......your SoL...find another LHS that actually deals with Hobby grade companies and go from there.
If you don't know a brand, it doesn't mean it's not hobby grade. Yes this brand is Hobby grade. It's from Europe. Learn your stuff...

But yeah it is rubbish. Get a decent branded Truggy. You will have more fun and break less, with a good one.

haha....too funny. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 11-09-2008, 05:44 AM
UberHawk

Ok...

It looks like the terrier is out of the question.

I just found another shop that sells RC so hopefully they will have a better Truggy.

Thanks anyway.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Echelon

Thanks for the reply.

why...?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:42 AM
INTEGRA

If "WE" being the north american user's dont know a brand...its NOT Hobby grade...plain and simple...they can claim they are all they want...but from watching a couple video's of Stock Ansmann's and actually taking a look at the truck it reconfirmes my prior statement...its a (edited by mods) that should get along great with other Sub Par quality vehicles out there (red cat Smartech ect ect)....

us racer's ARE the market..and if it dosent float our boat....it's guarenteed to sink a misarable death.

(there are some exceptions of Oversea small shops that do know what they are doing and make a quality product......but they are far and few in between.)
Old 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Roscco

SUGGESTION,

Show your parents this thread. Should help them find you another LHS.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:16 PM
carty

Hey dont diss the terrier, i had one for my first truggy and its a lot more robust than it looks never broke anything on it, the engines a force engine and as your local store sell the parts and truck you could do a lot worse. Its no racer but a good first machine i sold it on to a friend and its still going strong with just the usual looking after. It might not be in the U.S but they are all over Europe
Old 11-10-2008, 02:14 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the reply.

why...?
I think it's funny to me cause you said the exact same thing he said basically...which is don't get the car

Talk to your parents call them in the room and have them read the sites with you and try and get them to undestand that cheap isn't always good or better because in the end it'll just cause grief( that and try to find another LHS)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM
lez1troubles

Integra, dont want to diss you but please shut up about Ansmann Racing being some crap no name company. Theyy are actually one of the better companies out there with great prices and good quality. Its not because its not built in the U.S.A that its no good, look at KYOSHO and Tamiya, also some of the worlds leading producers of RC equiptment not built in the U.S.A. Most of the stuff that come out of the U.S is actually a load of crap, thats why its not sold here in Europe or elswhere, only in the U.S. so come on down off your high stool and open your eyes to some thing great. The Ansmann Terrier IS a great truck to start of in the hobby and WILL serve any new comer very well.
Not every one wants U.S crap.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the OP and everyone else who's blathering on without a clue in this thread, Ansmann is a German VAR, they've been around for a long time, their stuff is good for its price, better than Redcat/HSP for example. Hm, remind me in which country Redcat is the leading budget brand, oh, it's the US, yeh, that's right...

Ansmann actually do QA on their products, they are stamped with all relevant standards, and are good value for money and actually produce hopups and brushless conversions for other brands. Locally, an Ansmann 4wd buggy took the championship this year. The Terrier is a decent car for the money and good starter car. Anyone saying otherwise has no experience with the brand. You won't get anything much better without spending a lot more. The fact that your LHS supports the brand is even more reason why its a good purchase for you.

Now then, Integra, back to you...

If the US sank into the sea tomorrow, the hobby worldwide would not be affected in the slightest. You know why? Because in europe we already have better brands, Xray, Serpent, Kyosho, Mugen, Tamiya. I've only seen one Losi buggy here in Europe in the flesh, ever. Only Team Associated is really on the map here, and that's largely due to Thunder Tiger. Oh, yeh, we have Traxxas, that great racing brand. lolol. Face it, the European and Asian hobby markets needs America like a fish needs a bicycle.

Conversely if Europe or Asia sank into the sea, the hobby would take a long time to recover. Basically, while the hobby is strong in America, it is a closed loop. You have no effect on anything internationally cos you don't do any manufacturing or export, only import from China for domestic use.

Let's also look at the most prestigious US brand, Team Associated, the American brand with the most heritage and the most world championships, and the most american flags on its stickers and marketing. And it's owned by, oh wow, the biggest company in RC, Thunder Tiger, and are they American? No, they're not. Are they popular in America? No, they're not. But wait! How did this company survive without being popular in America?!? And rise to become the biggest RC company in the world!?! Unpossible! Well actually it's because the US has virtually zero impact on this hobby globally. The biggest RC company in the world hardly sells anything there, that's why they acquired Team Associated. Hm, ok, how about the two companies widely regarded as being responsible for the best cars on the market, Mugen and Xray, they must be American! Again, no, sorry. OK, how about that great producer of champions since the earliest days of RC, Serpent, they must be American? No, they're not American either, but keep going, this is fun.

By the way, please change your avatar, it is a breach of community policies. The only company logos allowed in avatars are those of forum sponsors, of which TLR is not one.

To the OP, go for it, the Terrier is a good car, don't listen to anyone. Your parents are also doing you a favour by insisting that you get it from the local hobby shop, because when you need help with starting and tuning and problems, etc, they aren't likely to help you if you take a second hand buggy you bought on ebay, now are they. Save the online purchases for when you want something really good from far away. For now, an Ansmann from your local store is one of the best starts you can make in the hobby. Good luck and feel free to shoot me a message if you need any help with anything.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Foxy

Ok...

It looks like the terrier is out of the question.

I just found another shop that sells RC so hopefully they will have a better Truggy.

Thanks anyway.
This is the problem with forums. They;re full of Americans who have no clue about anything going on outside America, yet still feel a need to speak about them. Ansmann is a good brand, go buy the terrier from your LHS, you will be happy with it, they're great starter cars and by buying it from your LHS, you'll have help and support on hand. The people saying this car is not good, are wrong.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Foxy

Thanks for the reply.

ansmann or w/e its called is a NO NAME knock off .....unfortunatly if you cant buy online and thats all your LHS stocks.......find another LHS that actually deals with Hobby grade companies and go from there.
lol? Ansmann has a name, it's, er, Ansmann, huge in Europe and Oz.

The terrier is not a knock off.

Oh and by the way, they are hobby grade, parts and hopups are plentiful and of decent quality.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Foxy

Well said. But then...

They're not much compared to cars three times the price, but then, that's why the other cars are three times the price. They are great entry level runarounds. As I mentioned above, local 4wd 1/10th electric buggy championship was taken by Ansmann this year, a Pro4 I believe.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: NewKid
Talk to your parents call them in the room and have them read the sites with you and try and get them to undestand that cheap isn't always good or better because in the end it'll just cause grief( that and try to find another LHS)
Why's that? You have experience with Ansmann? You advise people against buying what their LHS carries? Not very wise, if everyone did that, there wouldn't BE any LHSes.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:59 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was curious about that company, its not popular in the US so i would pass unless there was a online parts dealer in the us.

no one knows ABC hobby r/c cars, even though they are the best 1/12 touring cars on the market and make bodies that rival Tamiya.

just because its not popular doesn't mean its not good, hey, people think walkera is a generic knock off even though their version of the blade MCPX is 100% unique and 5x a better helicopter for less money.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:59 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think some of the previous posts deserved critiquing, but I do think you're overstating it a bit Foxy. It's not patriotism when I say it(ha!..), but the US is absolutely a critical, if not THE most critical, industry-driving market.. Like it or not. Just look at the spread of idiotic 10th scale electric SC's.. And all of Traxxas ha ha..

Ansmann is widely available here in Germany, but I personally would not buy it. Some of that I suppose is admittedly baseless brand snobbery. Nobody races Ansmann.. For me it has to be Associated, Losi, Mugen, Ofna, and co.. Ansmann are a lower standard IMHO. Yeah, you can get an RTR for €300. But if you look around you can get a better brand for €100 more.. I really do not believe Ansmann puts out products of the same standard as the main big brands. They have been trying, and accumulating status - by becoming for ex. the distributor here for Sirio( a flop though I think..), and I even have an Ansmann receiver for a rebadged Airtronics radio (LRP/Sanwa...) They also tried to put out a top-flight buggy, but I think it flopped.. Whether that was down to the quality, or just failing to break into the already very crowded market I don't know.. So I do think they are trying, but they aren't there yet. Again, just my opinion, but I would not buy an Ansmann.. Rather an LRP RTR truggy for ex..

EDIT - OK, moment of recognition.. I've been in RC for a while now, so if anything I'd get a Mugen or X-ray for my next RC, and not go down-scale in getting something new.. But yeah, there are probably lots of people out there for whom an Ansmann Terrier would be a good place to start.. So I wouldn't get one, but that doesn't mean I guess they're all that bad.. They may even be better than I assume..
Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Foxy

Yeh ok I overstated it a bit, my point is clear though. Sure, they started the short course truck thing, purely american vehicles, and a few people have bought them. I still can't find a short course race in greece though. They just haven;t caught on in Europe as race cars, at least not from what I've seen, do you have a thriving short course class locally herrsavage?

It was always funny back in the day when people would sing the praises of the Hyper 7 and then rail on the Ansmann virus, which was near identical.

For me, the important thing here is that it's a perfectly fine car for a good price, WITH LOCAL SUPPORT!! Don't forget how important that is when first starting.

A few people race them in the small electric scales here, but sure, you won't see an Ansmann 1/8th on a track, only the 1/10th.

To be honest, about the US, I actually prefer their racing classes. Here in europe you can't find an electric truggy or short course race for love or money, it's such a shame, they are the two most exciting classes in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
FahrtAutoRC

In the world-wide market debate the surest answer of what is "best" is not what each region has to offer, but what is offered to each region. I will not say Losi is the BEST, for example, but it will hold its own any day with other top mfr's. I think as a racer, my choices for what is "best" would be as easy as looking down the list of top finishers at the more major races.

And I am sorry, Foxy, but saying nobody would blink if the U.S. market disappeared is solipsistic at best.

To the O.P, about the original issue, if your parents will not allow you to buy online then I would find one on Craigslist locally, or talk to them about buying your own prepaid debit card and see if that makes them more comfortable. Ansmann is a German company, but not one even a proud kraut such as myself would support. Simply put, if they were that great, then how come most people have heard of all the above listed MINUS them?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Foxy

Simple, they don't know what they are talking about. You just went and did it yourself, said you wouldn't support something you've not even heard of. What is that about? I'm telling you they're good cars, I've seen them up close, I've seen them on tracks. /shakes fist

If the OP ends up getting a second hand losi 8ight instead of a locally bought brand new Ansmann, you will all have done him and the hobby a great disservice. Start to think I'm the only one with my head screwed on right lately.

Fact remains, the biggest holes left by America's exit from the market would be HPI/HB and Traxxas, hardly a claim to global domination now is it. Losi...ok, fine, average racing brand, there are better, there are worse, this is not the losi of ten years ago, lets not forget. Not gonna be missed in Europe in the slightest. Associated, would be unaffected, they are a Taiwanese firm now. What other significant established US car brands are there?!

Important brands that would be unaffected (in terms of their survival, I'm not talking about reduced sales, I'm talking about the 'domination' that Integra describes)...

Xray, Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Tamiya, Thunder Tiger/Associated, Serpent, OFNA (or at least, the models that you know as OFNAs, which aren't actually OFNAs, they're Hobaos and Hong Nors), FG, HSP, MCD, bloody hell, I could go on all night literally. Starting to see what I actually mean?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:00 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you're pretty off the mark with the anti-American stuff to be honest.. For one, Losi is absolutely everywhere, especially in Europe.. I raced in a race last weekend(kind of - had to bail out with a slipped disc in my back..), and there was TLR everywhere - buggy and truggy.. Associated is pretty widespread too(less than Losi though..)

Afaik almost everything, except a few Italian nitro engines, is made in Asia anyway.. Mugen included.

You're vastly overstating the insignificance of the American market. Nto that it's really all that on-topic - just saying..

And as far as Ansmann, nobody really runs them here in Germany. I'm on the German forums too, so I know. They might make some decent RTR type starter RC's, but they are definitely not in the big leagues.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Foxy

I've said nothing anti american, I'd move to the west coast in a heartbeat, I love america and most americans. I've just said that it wouldn't make any difference to the euro racing scene if american brands and consumers disappeared, as a rebuttal to someone else's assertion that if a hobby product isn't big in the US, it will fail, which is quite obviously, incorrect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.