Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: White smoke

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

White smoke

if your nitro truggy is huffing a lot of white smoke and stalling out intermitently a sign of bad glow plug ? Iam new to the nitros so just learning as I go lol.

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: White smoke

No, if you have a bad glow plug it won't fire at all. It's rare for a glow plug to be in a state of intermittent operation, they tend to either work, or not. As long as you have the suitable temperature glow plug (hot, medium, cold) for your engine and climate, you should be fine. Always have one on hand to swap out when you have a problem, so at least you can rule it out straight away when diagnosing.

I expect your problem is related to your tuning of the engine. It sounds as though it is running very rich (rich=lots of smoke, lean=no smoke), you should adjust the high speed needle (this is normally the one sticking out of the top of the carb, the most easily accessed) in order to lean the fuel mixture. This is accomplished by turning it clockwise in very small (imagine it is a clock face) one hour increments. Each time you do this, try accelerating again, it should clean up slowly, be careful not to go too far with the needle adjustments. You want to see 'some' smoke. Too much is better than none, but a nice visible wisp of grey smoke is what we're aiming for. Also, once you've tuned it a bit and it runs reliably, don't forget the spit test, just to make sure you in the right temperature range. Spit on the engine head, if it just sits there and slowly evaporates, you are probably running a bit too rich still, wind the high speed needle in another hour and see. If the spit evaporate quickly and/or lightly sizzles, you're about right. If it sizzles violently and/or jumps straight off, you are too hot, wind the needle back out again a bit.

Hope that helps dude, that's basic engine tuning for beginners in a paragraph, I guess. lol.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator