Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

HB D8T vs Caster K8T vs Ansmann Terrier

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HB D8T vs Caster K8T vs Ansmann Terrier

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 AM
padams10001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB D8T vs Caster K8T vs Ansmann Terrier

I've recently just "accidentally" won on ebay each of the above mentioned truggies. The D8T is a roller only, the K8T is complete (nitro) and the Terrier is complete (with a tiny ESC and motor).

As I am an electric guy, I'm looking to sell 2 and keep one and convert it to electric. Which one would everyone recommend to keep?
Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HB D8T vs Caster K8T vs Ansmann Terrier

The D8T by miles. Sell the others as they are and buy this...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...8T-42mm-Motors

and this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SKYRC-TOR...item4169d16538

Enjoy.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:35 AM
padams10001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Foxy. The D8T was definitely what I was leaning towards.

I've noticed those Toro ESC and motors popping up a bit lately on ebay. Any idea what they are like? Equal to the Hobbywing stuff?

Also, is there any cheaper conversions for the D8T? Ones that don’t involve buying a new chassis?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With a bit more effort to make everything fit, you can get away with just a motor mount and battery tray, however I advise against it. The big bonus of getting a conversion that includes a chassis swap is firstly that you then have a dedicated electric layout with proper places for everything, whereas with just a mount and tray you will be compromising ideal positioning and may even have difficulties using stuff you want to use, like long motors or batteries. Apart from that you also gain an optimized front/rear and left/right balance which especially in a truggy should not be undervalued. Finally, dedicated electric chassis have cutouts to mount everthing as low as possible and reduce overall weight.

The toro seems just as good as the hobbywing stuff I would buy with confidence and i will be trying that combo myself soon.