Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Building my own electric truggy from scracht (noob)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Building my own electric truggy from scracht (noob)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Mops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building my own electric truggy from scracht (noob)

HI, i am new in the forum.
i wanted to build my own truggy.

i was thinking in using my old childhood cheap/slow rc control and modify it little by little.

the scale i wanted is 1:10

my number one problem would be that i intented only to buy engine and battery the first time. I wanted a truggy that vould make 45mph so i think 3500 engine could make it form the little i could read. and i intended to install it and not even change the remote control. but the toy i own does not have brakes. so i would have to brake with the engine going backwards. dunno if i can even do this with this kind of power.

first thanks of all for replys.

if there is any guide i could use at least as a startup i wil be thankfull.

ps: i want to change it little by little cause i am a noob, and by buying all peices at one i know i will make a mess, and if i install the pieces little by little it will be more fun, and i will be able to understand more the car itself.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Building my own electric truggy from scracht (noob)

Just to clarify, are we talking about converting a toy grade RC to brushless power and doing 45mph? It can be done, but will take a lot a lot of effort and custom parts. Toy grade plastic will not stand up to the torque of brushless motors. Even finding bearings for the places it would now need them will be very hard, are you really serious about crafting your own parts and things like that? If so, then go for it, but I think you have set yourself a very challenging goal.

What would be your maximum price for a kit that you build yourself and all the necessary equipment to run it?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Mops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building my own electric truggy from scracht (noob)

i was thinking of a total of 300dlls aproximately. and a truggy capable of 45mph

the final goal is NOT to convert the toy into a decent rc. but i wanted to do it step by step, and the best way i could think for is this one. in the end i will buy a new chasis. but i thought it would be easir to understand if i buy it and install it little by little.

regarding the torke, the toy itself has a pretty good quility build, solid plastic. i could reinforce if needed, dont think that would be a real problem.

i wont need the truggy to make high jumps or anything crazy.

for what i see, the most difficult part to build is the tires/suspension. the engine part seem to be pretty direct, same for the battery, thats why i wanted to buy those first. i wont be able to go trough bumps or anything, but at least i will be able to have some fun on plain scenarios at first ( at least that what i think, and i am sure i am wrong but i would like to know why XD ).

My idea whas to buy cheap parts in the begining ( except for battery and engine), and then upgrade the ones i think need upgrading. ilive in argentina and my cousin travels to usa often, so i wouldnt loose money at all, selling the parts here i could actually make money even if they are used. so thats something important to take into account.

MY MAIN QUESTIONS ARE:
is it doable ?
what should i buy first ?

I WILL UPLOAD PHOTOS 10 HOURS FROM NOW.