Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New servo

Old 11-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Antanooch

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New servo

Want a new servo fr my truggy! I want a high torque only want to spend $60 why can I buy
Old 11-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Anthoop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New servo

I use Hitec HS-965MG...$59.99 at Tower.
There are many other brands/servos that may be cheaper/etc. but that is what works for me.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:23 PM
JoeMaxx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A little more info on replacing a Steering servo

I used a HiTec 24 Spline HS-645MG in my Trophy Truggy and it is 133 OZ with metal gears.  I bought mine at the LHS because I like to spend money with them on small parts.   $39.95  

Nice thing I found is the Trophy Truggy had all of these servo horns included with it. So I was able to choose a Steering Servo of my choice over the stock plastic geared Servo.  Most Stock servos only have about 80 OZ of torque.

Servo output shafts

23 tooth spline - Sanwa / Airtronics / KO / JR
24 tooth spline - Hitec
25 tooth spline - Futaba / TT / ACE / HPI/ Traxxas
Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
FrickenJoey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I used a HV BlueBird servo for my Savage. You don't have to worry about voltage since it can be ran off of a 2S Lipo as long as your receiver can handle it. This one uses a Futaba spline pattern.
[link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16249__BMS_28A_High_Voltage_7_4V_Coreless_Digita l_Servo_w_Titanium_Alloy_Gear_28kg_10ec_74g.html]Blue Bird HV[/link]
You can also get a really decent servo horn for it as well [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14848__CNC_Alloy_Servo_Arm_Short_Futaba_.html]Servo horn[/link]. If you don't like the color drop it in a cup of Grease Lighting for about 10-15 minutes and most the anno will strip off and a little elbow grease you have a nice silver heavy duty arm on it.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Foxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JoeMaxx

A little more info on replacing a Steering servo

I used a HiTec 24 Spline HS-645MG in my Trophy Truggy and it is 133 OZ with metal gears. I bought mine at the LHS because I like to spend money with them on small parts. $39.95

Nice thing I found is the Trophy Truggy had all of these servo horns included with it. So I was able to choose a Steering Servo of my choice over the stock plastic geared Servo. Most Stock servos only have about 80 OZ of torque.

Servo output shafts

23 tooth spline - Sanwa / Airtronics / KO / JR
24 tooth spline - Hitec
25 tooth spline - Futaba / TT / ACE / HPI/ Traxxas
That's not really strong enough for a truggy. You really need 200oz-in or more. A buggy could just about get away with it. For what its worth, the digital version of the same servo - HS 5645MG has better specs (170oz-in) for a truggy for only 6 bucks more.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:56 AM
FrickenJoey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

^^ I could not agree more Foxy, I use 175 OZ in my 1/10 on-roads. An 1/8 really does need a lot more umph behind it.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM
JoeMaxx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Foxy thanks for the additional advice.

I posted a little more information in my next post to help him out.

Thanks again

Old 01-21-2013, 06:25 PM
JoeMaxx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Foxy thanks for the additional advice.

This is my first 1/8 Scale Truggy so I would like to set it properly. I bought this back in December so it is shelf art until spring time.

The LHS handed me the HS-645MGservo to replace the stock Servo when I explained what I was putting it in.

I did find a Spektrum S6030 with 222/278 OZ of Torque from Horizon Hobbies reasonably priced at $72.99and will be replacing the stock radio system with a Spektrum DS200receiver so I can run this Truggy with the DX3C radio system this spring.

I realize this is more than the original poster wanted to spend and maybe he would want to follow your advice also. I included the part number of a reasonably priced Ultra High Torque Servo so he might be able to use this information.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...rque-SPMSS6030

Thanks again