Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

hard decision: rustler, slayer pro, or jato? (all nitros)

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

hard decision: rustler, slayer pro, or jato? (all nitros)

Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM
newbie_5015

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hard decision: rustler, slayer pro, or jato? (all nitros)

this will be my first nitro truck/car. but i had some fast electric and i learn very quickly. for my first into vehicle, i was wondering what truck would be the best/fastest. i dont want it to be borring eighter. i am going to ride it on the streets and on dirt (going to make my own track in a local unused dirt parking lot and free riding too of course), and on snow. i know the fastest one is the jato but it isnt 4x4 so it isnt good in snow or not as good for dirt as well. i know that the slayer is very good on dirt but flips easily on tarmac and the rustler is as fast as the slayer but isnt 4x4 and wont tip as easily and i read that it can get boring too.

if there is another truck that is 4x4, equal or superior to 50 mph and stable, just say so too
so people, can you help me deside which one would be best for what i want to do and tell me if im wrong?
thx a lot!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
nitroexpress

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: hard decision: rustler, slayer pro, or jato? (all nitros)

ORIGINAL: newbie_5015

this will be my first nitro truck/car. but i had some fast electric and i learn very quickly. for my first into vehicle, i was wondering what truck would be the best/fastest. i dont want it to be borring eighter. i am going to ride it on the streets and on dirt (going to make my own track in a local unused dirt parking lot and free riding too of course), and on snow. i know the fastest one is the jato but it isnt 4x4 so it isnt good in snow or not as good for dirt as well. i know that the slayer is very good on dirt but flips easily on tarmac and the rustler is as fast as the slayer but isnt 4x4 and wont tip as easily and i read that it can get boring too.

if there is another truck that is 4x4, equal or superior to 50 mph and stable, just say so too
so people, can you help me deside which one would be best for what i want to do and tell me if im wrong?
thx a lot!
What's your budget?

Do try to consider something other than Traxxas.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 AM
tyhatts

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

+1
Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

seeing traxxas does not make a truggy at all kinda bad to ask about them in the truggy forum.
If you are planning on making a track the speed traxxas slaps on its over priced things is pointless as you will never see it. Remember that is top speed running it at short bursts at the point it could easily blow.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBWUW&P=ML look for that (prolly cheaper if you find it in your country) I own the older version and the older one is able to take a ton of abuse so I would expect more of the same from the update.
will it hit 50? maybe if you lean the engine out to the point it gets damaged.

Or if you aren't set on a truck look at the HoBao hyper 7 buggy (sold by HPI now) its quite a bit cheaper than anything you mentioned(and the truggy I said), and very strong, and will pretty much out preform the traxxas's for less