Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New 'Massive' Reverse issue

Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 AM
TheUltimate

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New 'Massive' Reverse issue

Hey, not sure whether to post this here or under the radio controllers because im not quite sure what the problem is. Anyway i have recently bought a new 'Massive' electric brushless truggy and after starting it up, i found that it doesnt brake. Like most, one push fowards on the trigger is supposed to brake and then again for reverse but it goes straight to reverse after only pushing it in once. And the transition from going forwards to backwars is instant which is potentially bad for the gears as i hear the teeth clicking for a moment during transition. Im dont have much knowledge on this yet but i have read through the manual and it has no fix for the problem.

The truggy is all stock.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Foxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New 'Massive' Reverse issue

The problem is a speed controller setting. Most speed controllers are shipped in the configuration that we are used to, forward, brake, release, reverse. There are two other modes that most speed controllers support, which are forward, brake, reverse and simply forward, reverse. The latter is for boats and planes usually. Hopefully the manual or the seller of the vehicle can describe the process of setting up the speed control. It is of course possible that your speed control only has this mode and cannot be otherwise 'setup', I'm not familiar with the model.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 AM
TheUltimate

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New 'Massive' Reverse issue

Thank you for the feedback, i personaly don't know how to change the speed controller and it isn't in the manual so i'll make sure to contact my seller. However the manual does state that it is supposed to have Forward, Brake, Release and Reverse.