Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Slash 2wd Transmission weird noise

Old 01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
TraxxasN3wbx3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Slash 2wd Transmission weird noise

Me and my Uncle recently put 100k diff fluid in my Slash 2wd's diff. When we put it together and I ran it at my house it makes a weird sound when accelerating too quickly or reversing too quickly. I found out that if I hold it and pull the throttle in the air it doesn't make the noise, only when I try to drive it, I don't see what's wrong.. halp ?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:04 PM
JoeMaxx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Slash 2wd Transmission weird noise

I just bought a Slash VXL 4x4 so I am not an expert on these yet. This is my first Electric Traxxas but I do own3 Team Associated electric offroads and have experienced noise in the past when my gearing mesh is too tight. Makes a whining noise because the pinion gear is too tight against the spur gear.

I would check the gear mesh on the pinion gearto spur gearto see if it is binding.

I always use a cut piece of printerpaper about 1/4 inch wide when I set the motor pinion gearagainst the Spur Gear. It takes the guess work out of whether you haveit too tight or too loose. A soundcould be coming from the gear meshthan cause binding and free wheeling the sound might not be present because there is not load on the gears.

Others might argue this point but I found it to work the best