Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy help please...?!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Truggy help please...?!

Very similar, yeh. No budget cars are going to be supplied with good brakes, or engine, or electrics (though having said that, SH engines (thunder Tiger's engine OEM) are outstnading pretty much across the board).

The Losi 8T RTR package is an outstanding starter pack, it even includes a starter box which is the pro method of starting your engines, and allows them to have a sealed backplate increasing power and reliability. A starter box and batteries are usually $120 or more, so its great to have those in the box, plus the car is excellent and the electrics are pretty good too.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Rusty22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'm not on a budget really. My old lady gave me 1000 to spend and I have the starter box and spectrum dx3pro just looking for the overall best design for a truggy
Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Foxy

In that case, I'd probably recommend the Serpent. I keep hearing amazing things about it. If my Xray truggy wasn't one of the best electric truggies already, I'd look at the Serpent electric too. They say it's really well balanced and neutral to drive.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Rusty22

Does the serpent have a nitro version? I'm only interested in nitro
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rusty22

Does the serpent have a nitro version? I'm only interested in nitro
yup yup here http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ion-Truggy-Kit

Old 05-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Foxy

D8T is still a good car for the money though, you'd want to be serious about your racing to justify a nearly $300 difference.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Rusty22

Thanks, does the D8T have a good parts backing? I looked for rpm a arms and a couple other things for it and didn't find much
Old 05-07-2013, 01:34 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, does the D8T have a good parts backing? I looked for rpm a arms and a couple other things for it and didn't find much
thats a good thing it means theres no call for better arms and that stock are strong

Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Unless your into serious racing and have some serious driving skills to go with it, I wouldn't get a mugen, xray or serpent just because what you said you would be doing with it wouldn't really justify spending so much more money IMO. I have the OFNA nexx8-t and really like it so far, I would recommend it although the rc8t, d8t and losi are great too and are a little more race oriented where as the nexx is a little more bashing oriented mostly because it's comes with a .32 engine that's not allowed in racing. Any of the truggies mentioned in this thread would be good except the HPI though.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Rusty22

Who knows the difference (if any) from the hot bodies D8T from the championship genes HB D8T?
Is the championship one even a truggy for sale or is it a specific truggy used in a race by a team? 
Old 05-08-2013, 12:06 PM
t-max97

Who knows the difference (if any) from the hot bodies D8T from the championship genes HB D8T?
Is the championship one even a truggy for sale or is it a specific truggy used in a race by a team?
Probably a specific truggy, the standard d8t is the only one for sale as far as I know.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Rusty22

Okay because they are both hot bodies D8t's,
The championship genes one looks like it has a different motor and body and a few other things
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Rusty22

Finally made a decision after weeks or research and your guys' help! 
Went ahead and ordered the hot bodies D8T kit!
Now I just need to do some more research on what motor and servos I want to Putin her. 
Thanks guys!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
t-max97

Finally made a decision after weeks or research and your guys' help!
Went ahead and ordered the hot bodies D8T kit!
Now I just need to do some more research on what motor and servos I want to Putin her.
Thanks guys!
A werks b5 would be a good choice, top of the line Italian engines at pretty good prices.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Rusty22

Thanks ill look into it! Someone else suggested an O.S. xz-b speed spec2? Do you or anyone else have an idea about these two motors? The HP rating are pretty close to the same but the os is almost $300 more than the B5..
Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 PM
t-max97

Thanks ill look into it! Someone else suggested an O.S. xz-b speed spec2? Do you or anyone else have an idea about these two motors? The HP rating are pretty close to the same but the os is almost $300 more than the B5..
Don't pay attention to the horsepower rating on these engines, it means nothing, horse power is calculated not measured. O.S engines are top of the line, user friendly, long lasting engines if well taken care of but IMO most are pretty overpriced, I think you would just as happy with the werks, probably even happier with the fatter wallet you will have lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Don't pay attention to the horsepower rating on these engines, it means nothing,
This.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:50 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't be taking engine advice from guys if they have no first hand experience with the engines being suggested....it is very important to be sure the product being recommended has actually been successfully used by the person recommending it.........Also over time product lines make running changes, some good, some not so good............ Many products may seem very good in theory and end up not working nearly as well as expected........
Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: supertib

I wouldn't be taking engine advice from guys if they have no first hand experience with the engines being suggested....it is very important to be sure the product being recommended has actually been successfully used by the person recommending it.........Also over time product lines make running changes, some good, some not so good............ Many products may seem very good in theory and end up not working nearly as well as expected........
Are you referring to me or the guy that recommended that engine? How do you know either of us don't have experience with that engine?
Old 05-17-2013, 02:35 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you referring to me or the guy that recommended that engine? How do you know either of us don't have experience with that engine?

well have you used a Werks B5 or B6. ? do you have experience with race .21's ? enough experience to be recommending one over another one to somebody ? do you even own or know how to use a starterbox ?
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Foxy

I agree with you Neal, that there are too many who are eager to recommend something they haven't tried (though I have no idea if this is the case here or not, I'm just speaking theoretically), but the flipside is just as bad, fanboys who recommend their own equipment, simply because its what they have.

The trick is to strike a balance. Nobody has run everything. You may have seen me recommend a P5 recently in another thread. This is an engine I personally have never used, however, I've been on the track against them, and I know from many years of solid feedback that they are great engines for the intended use of the poster.

I guess all I'm saying is that as long as the research is done right, the best advice need not necessarily be from experience. It does however, take many years experience to do the research right, it's a bit of a catch 22.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
t-max97

well have you used a Werks B5 or B6. ? do you have experience with race .21's ? enough experience to be recommending one over another one to somebody ? do you even own or know how to use a starterbox ?
No I haven't owned a b5 but I've done plently of research on them to know it's a very good engine that been around long enough to build a great reputation, of course I know how to use a starter box lol. Would the God of nitro rc please enlighten us with his opinion on what engine to put in this? Oh yeah besides a clockwork....
Old 05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
t-max97

I simply gave MY opinion on what I would put in it if it was mine, he's capable of doing his own research. If I had said I would but a trx 3.3 in it that doesn't make my post any less valid, it's just an opinion such as what ever you would recommend is.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Rusty22

Thanks guys, ill do some more research and i always have time to change and modify things of that nature
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 PM
t-max97

Thanks guys, ill do some more research and i always have time to change and modify things of that nature
I don't know why he wrote that, Ive seen him recommend the same engine before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.