Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Looking to get a truggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 06:32 AM
Frankierock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get a truggy

Guy's I need help on choosing a new Truggy. This will be my first Nitro Truggy. I have a few Nitro Buggy's and Monster Trucks (mostly Associated and Ofna) ..Not Sure if I should go with a Hpi RTR Trophy Flux 4.6, the Ofna NexxT RTR or the Thunder Tiger ST-1...I am thinking a RTR just because It's not going to be used in races, It's just for Fun....For now. Also I want to keep the price at around $400 for a RTR. If I am going to spend $$ I would rather build a kit myself. that brings me to this........
Should I just go with a Kit and do it all myself for a better quailty Truggy. Also this way I could use it later on for Racing. I was tossing around the Idea of getting the Associated RC8TCE (but not sure how old this kit is- Not sure if they are making a RC8T.2 CE and don't want an older Truggy if a new one is on the way.) the Team Durango Truggy or the Mugen MBX6TR Silver Graphite Version Truggy. Any help would be great...Thanks guys!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Guys!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:26 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Looking to get a truggy

Welcome to the forum! First off I have not heard one good thing about the HPI trophy truggy, only that it sucks so I would stay away from that. I have the OFNA and it's a great truggy but more aimed towards bashing than racing. I don't have experience on the others so I can't really comment on them but I have heard good things about the associated, thunder tiger,losi,hot bodies (kit),mugen and xray truggies, the last two being top of the line racing machines, any of those would be good.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Frankierock

Thanks!!!

Yeah I have been reading a lot of things here on the forum about the Trophy Truggy...and like you said they are not good things.

I have read a lot of good things about the Ofna Nexx  And TT St-1...So I think I will go with one of those...and maybe down the line pick up a Kit.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
t-max97

Either one should be good but I can personally vouch for the OFNA, I have about two gallons on the engine and have had no problems with tuning, temps or starting and it has plenty of low end torque and decent top end speed too. The engine came VERY tight new so It would be a good idea to heat it up a little before you started it for the first time or two,I could tell it really broke in after about 3/4 - 1 gallons threw it. Iv'e broken a couple parts but one was a very bad landing from a jump in 40 degree weather (cold makes plastic brittle) and the other I ran into a metal post in the same 40 degree weather, I haven't broken anything else yet but I haven't driven it much since it wormed up outside. I would join towerhobbies.com for $10 before you order your truggy and they will regularly send very good coupon codes via e-mail and you will be able to get $50 off of the order and free shipping since your a member, it's well worth it because you would have to pay at least $10 for shipping anyway if you didn't join.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Frankierock

Thanks Again.

Think I will go Ofna, since I have a few other kits from them and seeing alot of good things from the reviews including yours. 

Yeah Tower Hobbies is great I buy the 2 year Sub all the time ...I get alot of stuff from them...This month they are having a great sale even for non-members..One of the other Reasons I was looking to get one now. Hard to pass up $50-60 off a kit plus free shipping.

They are actually giving up to $75 off a purchase for those they may be looking for something, and that's for anyone.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Frankierock

Thanks Again.

Think I will go Ofna, since I have a few other kits from them and seeing alot of good things from the reviews including yours.

Yeah Tower Hobbies is great I buy the 2 year Sub all the time ...I get alot of stuff from them...This month they are having a great sale even for non-members..One of the other Reasons I was looking to get one now. Hard to pass up $50-60 off a kit plus free shipping.

They are actually giving up to $75 off a purchase for those they may be looking for something, and that's for anyone.
Alot of people don't know about the tower coupons you get by being a member, $50 off of a $300 order is a lot. My LHS couldn't match towers price for an sc10rs with their coupon because it was below their wholesale cost!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Frankierock

Your Right...

Also in my case and not sure about everyone but they do not charge tax here in NY...so that fact and I get a coupon is Crazy...Closest LHS to me is 30 minutes away, and even when he can come down in price (It's never much) he still has to charge tax so It's like I am getting something at retail with no tax here in NY .
Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Frankierock

Your Right...

Also in my case and not sure about everyone but they do not charge tax here in NY...so that fact and I get a coupon is Crazy...Closest LHS to me is 30 minutes away, and even when he can come down in price (It's never much) he still has to charge tax so It's like I am getting something at retail with no tax here in NY .
Exactly, there are two hobby shops somewhat near me, both are 40 minutes away and one is hobbytown which kinda sucks lol. I always order from tower.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Frankierock

Well I wound up getting the Thunder Tiger St-1...Tower didn't have the Nexx-T in stock at the time, and I also got the ST1 on Easy pay which was awesome...As for the Truggy I have to say I am very pleased.. This thing is a beast, Very solid Truggy..I just finished breaking it in and have a few Hop-ups to toss on it...Can not wait to see what it's really capable of doing.