Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

New to Truggies, am I missing anything?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New to Truggies, am I missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 07:17 PM
rc.nitro.daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Truggies, am I missing anything?

Hello RCU,
I'm new to the truggy world and site so forgive me now for the long post and Q's as I try to explain and get quality feedback. I've been researching for a long time now and have decided to add a nitro truggy to my collection. All tracks in my area (FT Hood, TX) only run electric so there's no help there as I'm a die hard Nitro fan owning two Revo's. There are other tracks around I don't mind driving too that will run Nitro (80+mi) if I get hooked. I'm listing what I've consider(ed/ing) and what I have chosen (as of now) below. If anyone can offer insight as to why one is better/worse (I know subjective somewhat) than other then by all means help plz,. After all the reading I've done I have NOT found much that's current (2014). I'm not concerned with price as long is its matched by quality. So here we go:

RC8T - Love body style but outdated, Price sux
D8T - not liking looks but have read good reviews and price is something to notice, Kind of old style too
8ight-T 3.0 - not sure I like the looks but that can be changed and is most current technology out ATM, Price sux though

I mostly bash so I want something that can take abuse but I have the Revo's to take most of that. I'm looking to get into racing and want to get it right the first time. If all else fails I can sell the build and no love loss. I guess I want something I can race and if it doesn't work out I can bash or sell it. I I've picked out the B5 mil for now and maybe a clockworks mod if the racing pulls me in. I'm not set on anything but I do want something that I wont have to update a week later. I'm a Traxxas fan so I'm totally out of my league here. Please share your experiences and not JUST opinions as I will seriously consider all recommendations before throwing 1K+ into a kit.

Maybe I'm missing something or someone can point the right direction for a future Truggy owner, Thx