Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

1/8 Scale Truggy to bash and ride

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

1/8 Scale Truggy to bash and ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Nzz966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1/8 Scale Truggy to bash and ride

I am quite new to RC car world. I have CARSON X8EB Specter Brushless 4S RTR. i bought this one just to see whats going on with RC cars generally. Now I am considering to buy a truggy, as it seems to join the features of Truck and Buggy. I drive mainly off-road and i like bashing the cars. Here in Azerbaijan there is no Rc shop or professional drivers as far as i know, so there is no need to race. All the truggies i searched over the web had drawbacks especially in terms of durability, as far as forums and youtube videos.

Therefore if there is a expert and professional drivers could you please advice what is the best Truggy out there for bashing, good handling, and nice speed, preferably electric, or gas if it is really good!! (THERE is no nitro liquid here in Azerbaijan,). I am willing to spend up to 1000$ together with all the needed upgrades to make the car durable and good speed. But i would like the car to have readily available parts over the web and perhaps over the shops in the UK and the USA. Any help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Last edited by Nzz966; 09-18-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:33 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would advise a Tekno NT48
Old 09-20-2014, 06:08 AM
Nzz966

I need electric one. There is no nitro liquid here to buy
Old 09-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing is indestructible and all rc vehicles require maintenance. With 1/8 buggies and truggies aftermarket upgrades are usually limited to knuckles, c-hubs, shock towers, hinge pin holders and the main chassis plate. So whatever vehicle you buy you'll need to keep some spares on hand, things like suspension arms, shock shafts, shock rebuild kits, maybe some differential parts. Wear items would be bearings, differential outdrives, dog bone pins. Dog bone pins and diff outdrives last quite awhile, bearing life depends on how dirty they get and how clean you keep them.

Mugen makes very tough vehicles, have a look at their truggy. But if you're not racing maybe consider more of a monster truck. The Ofna Hyper MTe is an electric RTR monster truck that uses 1/8 truggy based suspension for durability and handling but with a higher ground clearance monster truck style chassis. Ofna makes durable vehicles and the price is hard to beat. You could buy the truck, a bunch of spares (arms, knuckles, c-hubs, shock rebuild kit is my recommendation) at least 2 sets of batteries and a charger for $1000.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 09-20-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Nzz966

Will check that one! Thanks
Old 09-20-2014, 05:32 PM
nitroexpress

Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 1:8 Electric Monster Truck

http://www.thundertiger.com/products-detail.php?id=10
Old 09-30-2015, 12:09 PM
thef@st1

+1 on thunder tiger. the truggy is also a beast. I have the nitro version and have never broke a part.